SFF.Network ASRock Z270M-STX MXM Micro-STX Motherboard Pictured

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
Pretty sure they have already developed a 1050ti variant.

ChainedHope

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 5, 2016
Id say a 20-35% premium is fine for a system like this.

Reasons
Being that cost of MxM is going to already add a premium compared to standard and the small form factor always has a bit of a price premium (5-15%) that most of us are willing to pay. Then if its quality work im okay for paying 10-15% on top of it to know that I am getting a quality product. So if the case is of a premium design, the MxM cards arent too gimped by thermals, and the system is reasonably quiet, I would pay up to 40% but im not the standard user that would buy this, there needs to be a reason to get it for the average day consumer over something else and this is either a price cut (20-30% instead of 40%) or to make it compelling with more performance/liter or hardware/liter than any other option which I would still only pay around 30-40% on.

Reactions: Phuncz

Kmpkt

KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
What I can say is that if the cooling is deliberately premium, I'd be happy to pay a bit more. Copper bits and high quality fans would really fit the bill on this IMHO.

thewizzard1

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 27, 2017
For this platform, I'd be a HUGE fan (pun intended) of one large centrally located blower fan, and split heatsinks, not unlike the PS3 cooling setup. The larger the fan, the less noise needed for the necessary airflow.

The twin blowers in my Zotac SN970 are a bit loud and unnecessary.

nix

Trash Compacter
Jan 5, 2017
30% price premium. However I agree with what others have said here about the cooling solution. Noise levels are just as important to me as it being small. If you end up offering multiple cooling solutions I'd go over that 30% premium to get the best one.

Reactions: thewizzard1

GentlemanShark

Asus RMA sucks
Marsupial Computing
Dec 22, 2016
Hello All

let me show you something...exciting! and let me show you something...exciting! http: //image.prntscr.com/image/c37b5c152eb94a50b524e74327364ddb.png

May I know what kind of price range are acceptable?
I can understand this is a very sensitive question, so I am glad to get feedback from you - Small Factor Enthusiast.
In order to simplify and prevent component pricing compete, that my question will focus in total cost of system build.
Of course, no price gap will be excellent! But you know...this kind of answer doesn't make sense :D
By the way, this is just for reference...we can't promise anything about price here.

Some thing like that:
How much does this product cost to manufacture, if you don't want to disclose that, it is fine. Your target audience for this is most likely the OEM markets for the likes of SFF pre-builts. Since you are a introducing a new product into this space, I wouldn't exactly compare it to a configuration of a mITX board + GPU. From a purely business stand point, I would gauge community interest to be place around $135-200 depending on the features and compatibility. If you'd like, I'd be happy to discuss my target market scheme with you.

Reactions: ASRock System

alexep7

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 30, 2017
Competing with mini-ITX would be impossible because of the availability of MXM GPUs, but if you look at the success the Intel Skull canyon NUC had and the fact that you can create a similar sized system with a proper GPU inside...oh boy. This is the way forward for SFF, in my opinion. Laptop parts in desktop form as opposed to desktop parts made smaller. I really love the idea of uSTX, I would buy a motherboard in a heartbeat.

Phryq

Cable-Tie Ninja
Nov 13, 2016
www.AlbertMcKay.com
1 large fan with 2 separate heat-sinks / heat pipes.
Kryonaut thermal paste (it is the best, trust me).

This will make the thing ultimately cool and quiet.

Make the vents dust-proof.
Make it fit in a backpack :p

Kmpkt

KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
Doubt it'll be an issue, you just need a bigger brick is all. The 1080 is meant to be paired with a 285W Meanwell brick and from Tom's Hardware reviews which I feel monitor GPU power consumption quite well, the 1080ti looks to pull 30-40W more in total while gaming. That means at the very least a Dell 330W or equivalent will be required. I do wonder if at that point the brick will be nearly as big and heavier than the unit.

alinescoo

Average Stuffer
Feb 3, 2017
With the multi threaded performance of the new AMD CPUs and their awesome pricing, I have to admit that my interest is slowly going to a Ryzen miniITX build, considering that Ryzen 5 lineup is shortly ahead.

Maybe consider having a STX board with AMD chipset?

Phryq

Cable-Tie Ninja
Nov 13, 2016
www.AlbertMcKay.com
With the multi threaded performance of the new AMD CPUs and their awesome pricing, I have to admit that my interest is slowly going to a Ryzen miniITX build, considering that Ryzen 5 lineup is shortly ahead.

Maybe consider having a STX board with AMD chipset?

But how about Ryzen's single core performance and heat? Those are the important factors for me.

Reactions: thewizzard1