SFF.Network [SFF Network] ASRock announces the H110M-STX motherboard

While ASRock showed off a Mini-PC utilizing this motherboard at CES this year, it wasn't clear then if the motherboard would be available for purchase by itself. Well, today ASRock is announcing the standalone H110M-STX motherboard! While John may be dubious on the use case for Mini-STX, I think there's modding potential for ultra small gaming builds by way of M.2 to PCIe slot adapters (which hopefully will work with this board).

Read more here.

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
I was thinking the same thing. Could do a "Founder's Edition" mod like on the FE 1060 quite easily.

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
Gigabyte finally has their STX motherboard up here:

http://ca.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=6040#ov

Looked through all the documentation and it wasn't immediately clear to me whether or not the M.2 slot is true PCIe x4 or simply a SATA comparable version of the M Key. Power header is missing, but the solder points are still there which makes me hopeful a modded connector could be soldered onto the board for 2 pin power.

atl

Cable Smoosher
Aug 7, 2016
Looked through all the documentation and it wasn't immediately clear to me whether or not the M.2 slot is true PCIe x4 or simply a SATA comparable version of the M Key.

Every mention of storage on M.2 is of "SATA Mode SSD Support" which I read as a pretty clear signal that it's *not* PCIe x4.