Motherboard ASRock X370 Gaming-ITX/ac and AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac

greyhamism

Caliper Novice
Sep 16, 2017
Awesome as, thanks for that ! Will be building a 1700 based system with the B350 ITX variant soon, and am just looking into RAM options.

ASRock's QVA listing (for the B350 at least) hasn't been particularly helpful, and the Flare X kits seem to be universally praised as one of the best Ryzen compatible kits outs there.

Easily the best review for these boards ive seen yet, thanks heaps :)

Reactions: Phuncz

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Thankyou! Yes, my experience with the Flare X kit was perfect - I've had no issues with it and any Ryzen board.

wesbl

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 9, 2017
Anyone with this motherboards?
I need to know the distance between the center of cpu socket and the first ram.

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
53mm to the side of the RAM slot (not a module in said slot as heatspreaders are variable), using the centre of the cooler retention as a guide to the centre of the socket.

kenrico

Chassis Packer
Jul 7, 2017
Saw the ASROCK X370 Gaming ITX/ac on the shelf at MicroCenter ..with their bundle discount it drops it almost to AB350 pricing . Frys has the Gigabyte AB350N Wifi on their shelves.

Sorry to hear about your board, Rynithon .

I still need to get with ASROCK on the vrm heatsink ..as mine was outta the first batch.

Love my 1600X system even though I didn't hit 4k (3950 stable) or 3200 (Vengeance LPX v5.39 @ 3066 ) ..nice to see the new 8700k cinebench leaked benchmark is coming in around R5 1600 marks ~ just over 1200 . I'm more curious at what price point they release at ..doubt they will stay at a $330ish price point like the prior Core i7s

Two other things heard recently ..RAM is going UP..substantially more (DDR4 40 % ) --and soon (before year end) and ASUS is going to release a pair of mini ITX am4 boards in October .

Kenny

Hifihedgehog

Editor-in-chief of SFFPC.review
May 3, 2016
www.sffpc.review
doubt they will stay at a $330ish price point like the prior Core i7s
AnandTech is estimating a price approaching $400:

The downside for Intel mainstream CPU users through all of this is that prices are going up on Intel's high performance K model CPUs. Whereas the list price for a 7700K was $339, it's $359 for an 8700K, a $20 (6%) jump. Similarly, a top-end i5 has gone from $242 for the 7600K to $257 for the $8600K, a $15 (6%) price increase. And as always, keep in mind that these prices are per chip in a 1000 unit order; actual retail prices will be several percent higher still. So don't be surprised to see the 8700K closing in on $400 at retail.
Source:
https://www.anandtech.com/show/11869/intel-announces-8th-generation-coffee-lake-hex-core-desktop-processors

Last edited:
Reactions: Phuncz

greyhamism

Caliper Novice
Sep 16, 2017
Received my AB350 board earlier in the week and am very pleased. A really nice even for the inflated Australian price :p

Also seem to be lucky in that i got the 'full height' heat-sink :

No OC'ing yet as im happy with the XFR range my chip seems to have. Initial testing see's it hitting 3.5~ish in a War-frame session, but ill have to sus out how it handles other games.

greyhamism

Caliper Novice
Sep 16, 2017
Hi Mr Grey,
Won’t ya pls Share a bit more of your build. Like CPU, GPU, ram, Power Supply and case. Thanks.
Its (obviously) an ITX based system, but im unsure if its properly classified as a true SFF build.
I'm running :
-R7 1700 w/ Wraith Spire
-AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac
-16Gb GSkill Flare X 3200mhz
-980Ti Classified
-Corsair RMi650
-Phanteks Evolv ITX Black&Red SE with Tepered Glass

Very happy with it so far, still have a few tweaks to do to help deal with some heat-soak issues but otherwise loving it :)

Reactions: Cdm040971

radox

What's an ITX?
Oct 10, 2017
I write asrock suport about this issue with the heatsink and they reply me that is only a rumor from sites. Im not happy with their answer then they send me this

Ese ha sido un rumor que se a corridor en los redes que se hizo viral el lo cual mencionan que el producto esta malo solo porque es un poco mas pequeño.

aqui te envio los resultados hechos en los laboratorios de Asrock por los ingenieros

Both heat sink have been tested and the temperature is under spec.

And the CPU would not get throttle with both heat sink.

Therefore, we think the stock is no need to change the heat sink.

they send me also a chart with temps but im not pleased at all

After that they ask me to take a picture of the bios temperatures

greyhamism

Caliper Novice
Sep 16, 2017
Hi All, I’m planning my ITX build and have selected these parts. Would love your advise on the list.
https://www.pccasegear.com/sc/pwR

If it where me id :

-Go the AB350 over the X370
-Go the 1600 over the 1600X
-Loose the AIO

The miniscule performance impact would be offset but putting that extra cash into a higher end GPU. Also choosing the 1600 means you get the AMD Wraith Spire cooler which will means you gain more GPU budget after dropping the AIO.

Just my 2c.

Choidebu

"Banned"
Aug 16, 2017
I write asrock suport about this issue with the heatsink and they reply me that is only a rumor from sites. Im not happy with their answer then they send me this

Ese ha sido un rumor que se a corridor en los redes que se hizo viral el lo cual mencionan que el producto esta malo solo porque es un poco mas pequeño.

aqui te envio los resultados hechos en los laboratorios de Asrock por los ingenieros

Both heat sink have been tested and the temperature is under spec.

And the CPU would not get throttle with both heat sink.

Therefore, we think the stock is no need to change the heat sink.

they send me also a chart with temps but im not pleased at all

After that they ask me to take a picture of the bios temperatures
To their credit, it seems to be true: confusis/john did testing on both thick and 'proper' thin thermal pads, and no noticeable differences.

Check out https://smallformfactor.net/reviews...-platform-round-vrm-temperature-investigation

So it's mainly cosmetic issues I hope.
Plus with the amount of bad rep they got out of this, hopefully they keep more eyes over recent production batches.

Unfortunately while they did send out replacements when the issue first started, recent user reports that this is how they react to it now...

nick_w

Caliper Novice
Jun 13, 2017
Has anybody else had issues with the WiFi on this board with Windows 10?
I have the b350 and the wifi would disconnect quite a lot, I think it was because whenever I unplugged anything I bumped the wifi antenna so after pointing them down I haven't had any problems.

sokosta

What's an ITX?
Oct 24, 2017
Hi guys, have AB350 subject with ryzen 1600. OCed it to 3,7Hz@1,3V, RAM to 3200 with F-stream utility. All running smoothly except the fact that I cannot make it load to UEFi - it loads directly to Windows 10. Restart to UEFI utility wouldn't help either. UEFI is 1006b. Clearing CMOS makes the trick but after OCing no UEFI again. Any ideas? build

Last edited:

d10ng

Caliper Novice
Oct 3, 2017
Thanks Mr Grey, that’s good advise. I did not realise the 1600 comes with a fan cooler.
I’ve updated my selection.
https://www.pccasegear.com/sc/DHv

I do just need to check that the power supply and GPU will fit into this mITX Case.

Now just need to make the cash available.

Definitely lose the AIO as although the asrock vrms don't get as hot as the gigabyte board they still get hot, the stock top down air cooler blows air over the vrms and helps keep them acceptably cool where an aio would not.

Ps if you're having to wait a while consider the up coming ASUS itx boards.