SFF.Network ASRock reveals the refreshed DeskMini GTX/RX with Z370 chipset !

That tiny but potent Micro-STX system which supports MXM graphic cards up to the Nvidia GTX 1080 or Radeon RX 580, has received a refresh in the form of a new Z370 chipset and some new tweaks, let's take a look !

Read more here.

zakius

Chassis Packer
Apr 20, 2017
I'd rather UV it as much as possible since turbo boost is high enough (though if you find a good sample you can exceed 5.0... on some crazy E-ATX boards...)
though giving up a bit of performance to get reasonably smaller and still perfectly noiseless build is the way imo

You will still benefit from 8700k even with 65w limit. Because full load of single core will not reach this value. This limit only happens to full load of all cores in very rare cases.
specs still say max TDP is 65W, so we probably should just ask them directly?
Maybe its just CP from old version while new is improved further than single chip replacement

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Magic, mostly. Other than that, there are coolers that can cope, albeit with results closer to the CPU's TJMax than most users consider appropriate. I'm more than happy to run a CPU at 80C at max load, others may not be so happy!

zakius

Chassis Packer
Apr 20, 2017
How can you cool a 95W TDP chip with only 2 inches of room for the heatsink and fan?
I'd change the case anyway since I'm a silence freak, need just a tiny but powerful board (preferably with internal, non-ATX compatible PSU, since ATX is just a waste of space on board)

MayMayDay

Efficiency Noob
Mar 7, 2018
Anyone know max/min voltage input into the power connector? 19V from the standard PSU with the DeskMini, looking at the standalone Z370M-STX though. 24V capable perhaps? (Pretty please)

Would love to do a custom carbon chassis around this form factor. L9i on CPU, internal AC/DC (I don't like external power bricks, it's cheating). Just need mobo release. :)

MayMayDay

Efficiency Noob
Mar 7, 2018
12V or 24V, either would work, 19V is just awkward for non-powerbrick PSUs. Unless I grabbed something from Alibaba maybe, or ebay special.

robbee

King of Cable Management
n3rdware
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2016
With ASRock rumored to get into the GPU market, we might even see a price drop in MXM modules in the future?!

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
AsRock entering the GPU market is super encouraging. Would be nice to see more push/innovation with respect to SFF solutions and they would definitely be the ones to do it. VEGA Nano?

Last edited:

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
Original poster
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
I can't wait for ASRock doing some mic-drops in the GPU space like they did with the motherboard sector. Watercooled double-slot low-profile GTX 1060 ? Vega Nano ? If anyone can, it's these guys.

Reactions: cmyk78

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
I'm envisioning a ITX-sized GTX1080TI..

Either way, I've approached our ASRock contacts for confirmation :D

Reactions: Phuncz