Cooling Asetek 645LT now available on Asetek.com

AseDen

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Asetek
Dec 7, 2018
www.asetek.com
Greetings all you wonderful SFF builders!

I wanted to give you some updates on the 645LT and its availability.
We have added the 645LT to our own webshop. It is priced at $99 fan and bracket excluded.

The reasoning behind making it available on our own webshop is, that we currently don't have retailers that can ship globally, thus making it very difficult to get your hands on a 645LT in some parts of the World.

I also do want to highly recommend, if at all plausible, to buy from our valued partners - OverclockersUK, SFFLab, Caseking and Sliger.

We're currently investigating adding retail partners in Asia - hopefully soon :)

That's it from me for now.
As always, please don't hesitate with any questions you might have :)

Best,
AsetekDennis

AseDen

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Asetek
Dec 7, 2018
www.asetek.com
Can I ask why it is not compatible with TR4 socket? Does it use different retention kit or it's because of cooling capacity?

Well it's mostly a curtesy thing... Putting such a small cooler on a TR4 is unlikely to yield a great experience.. Now, it is compatible in the sense that if you buy a bracket, it'll fit just as well as any other Asetek cooler :)

Reactions: riba2233

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Well it's mostly a curtesy thing... Putting such a small cooler on a TR4 is unlikely to yield a great experience.. Now, it is compatible in the sense that if you buy a bracket, it'll fit just as well as any other Asetek cooler :)

Thanks, I am actually very curious to test it with my 1950x with thicker 92mm fan.

I think it should work because right now the 120 mm asus AIO which also uses asetek parts keeps it very cool with fan at 1700 rpm, so I don't think that it would be impossible with better than usual fan and case airflow (25, maybe 38mm fan and case that is open on both sides like mine P-ATX).

Unfortunately 140 USD is kind of too much for me right now, but I definitely understand the price point from the production and market aspect.

AseDen

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Asetek
Dec 7, 2018
www.asetek.com
Thanks, I am actually very curious to test it with my 1950x with thicker 92mm fan.

I think it should work because right now the 120 mm asus AIO which also uses asetek parts keeps it very cool with fan at 1700 rpm, so I don't think that it would be impossible with better than usual fan and case airflow (25, maybe 38mm fan and case that is open on both sides like mine P-ATX).

Unfortunately 140 USD is kind of too much for me right now, but I definitely understand the price point from the production and market aspect.

That sounds really interesting! Would love to hear once you get to testing :)
It is cheaper on OverclockersUK, Caseking, Sliger and other retailers - this partly has to do with our current setup, which isn't geared towards eCommerce (freight, man power etc.) as well as a wish to take care of our partners :)

Reactions: riba2233

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
That sounds really interesting! Would love to hear once you get to testing :)
It is cheaper on OverclockersUK, Caseking, Sliger and other retailers - this partly has to do with our current setup, which isn't geared towards eCommerce (freight, man power etc.) as well as a wish to take care of our partners :)

Yeah, prices are slightly lower there, so I will probably grab it on Caseking later or if someone gets bored with their unit and decides to sell me one (wink wink ? ).

Reactions: AseDen

chx

Master of Cramming
May 18, 2016
wow @ people cooling a Threadripper with a 92mm, my experience was that two 140mm either tower or water cooler is pretty much necessary. You might not be pushing that TR too hard :D Hitting 250W with PBO enabled on a 2950X is not hard. You won't dissipate 250W with a 92mm fan... not unless you want to wear earplugs.

riba2233

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFF Time
Jan 2, 2019
www.sfftime.com
Yeah sure, I can't argue on the overclocking part, but at stock TRs are actually not that difficult to cool, they limit themselves to decent power levels. 180 W tdp parts really work at 180 W and don't get too hot, and unless you manually tune them, I don't see a problem. Even 2990WX with 250 W tdp looks fine, according to GN's test it only draws 200 W in rendering test. Unfortunately I don't have it so I can't test for myself, but for 1950X I can confirm that it indeed works at 180 W at stock and only goes up to 65 C on 120 mm aio with fan at reasonable 1700 rpm.