Log Asetek 645LT + 297mm gpu length + Dan A4

mcnelson

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
Oct 14, 2020
Hi all. I am planning my next build, it's looking currently like a Ryzen 5600X / Radeon 5700XT / X570 mobo in a Dan A4.

The main question I have right now is whether to go with the Asetek 645LT cooler. In , they identify an issue where the right-angle connectors jut into the GPU space. I was curious if anyone else has experienced this issue, and how did you address it? I'd rather have a full length GPU than water cooling, so the answer may be just to go with the L9i. But if there's any other options, I'd love to know.

aleck

Caliper Novice
Dec 8, 2019
One option I'm considering (will try when my 3D printed parts arrive) is to move the fan outside the case at the bottom. Of course, this requires raised feet (the mention 3D parts).

Another option is to 3D print GPU raiser only from Losercard mod and uplift the GPU, if its height allows that. Dan A4 allows pretty tall GPU cards.

Diamorif

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2020
Which cpu are you going with? If it's anything above a 3700x, go with the 645. if not, try the blackridge, c7g or axp 90. I just did a build with the loser card mod, and it works great. in either the stock config or with the mod, make sure to install the aio before the PSU. it'll save you a MASSIVE headache.

mcnelson

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
Oct 14, 2020
Which cpu are you going with? If it's anything above a 3700x, go with the 645. if not, try the blackridge, c7g or axp 90. I just did a build with the loser card mod, and it works great. in either the stock config or with the mod, make sure to install the aio before the PSU. it'll save you a MASSIVE headache.

I'm planning on getting the 5600X in November which has the same TDP as the 3700X. I want to mess around a little bit with overclocking, as well. You thinking watercooling is overkill?

One option I'm considering (will try when my 3D printed parts arrive) is to move the fan outside the case at the bottom. Of course, this requires raised feet (the mention 3D parts).

Another option is to 3D print GPU raiser only from Losercard mod and uplift the GPU, if its height allows that. Dan A4 allows pretty tall GPU cards.

I'd rather keep it all in-case, but that GPU raiser might work, thanks for sharing that. This is the card I want to get: https://www.newegg.com/msi-radeon-rx-5700-xt-rx-5700-xt-gaming-x/p/N82E16814137471. It's pretty big, but I'm willing to at least try.

Diamorif

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2020
3700x is right on the cusp, it runs pretty hot on air without some tweaking but is manageable without having to mess with the 645. I got a bunch of my info from Glob3tech's entire series on the case He does a bunch of testing on the 3700X on air and water and the results there should be similar. The 3600 is also a 65W tdp chip and runs a lot cooler than the 3700X, so it may be interesting to see which the 5600 resembles more. I run a 3900, the "65W" TDP version of the 3900x and that is a HOT chip even with the losercard mod.

Last edited:

mcnelson

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
Oct 14, 2020
Yeah that's fair. As much as I wanted to use up all space to the fullest potential, I think I'll stay under 275mm as suggested in the original video. I also completely missed the card thickness, turns out the big MSI I originally posted won't even come close to fitting. It's about 53mm thick and the A4 has space for about 42mm.

This PowerColor Red Dragon is ~40mm thick and 240mm long, so I should have plenty of clearance for a standard installation of a 645. Might start there and see how hot it all is. Then possibly come back to the losercard mod later.