Advice Dan Cases A4 V3 Component choices

Sehlarn

What's an ITX?
Original poster
New User
Jun 7, 2020
Hi everyone,

I’m building my first sff pc in a Dan Case A4 V3 as a portable gaming rigI first went for a Streacom DA2 as it was more readily available, but was getting very high temps (~92C after 20 Minutes in Star Citizen) with this configuration :

CPU : Ryzen 7 3700X
GPU : Rtx 2070 Super 8GO Windforce
Motherboard : Gigabyte x570 I Pro WiFi
PSU : Corsair 600W Platinum
Ssd : Aorus 500GO PCI-E 4
Ssd : Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1To

Since then I took it apart and sent the CPU, GPU, Cooler and case back. I found a deal for a used Dan Cases A4 V3 which I’m waiting for. I also got the Asetek 645LT and custom cables from Pslate on the way. However I need to chose a new CPU and GPU that will keep temps down. I never had to deal with temperature before, as I was mostly doing ATX builds. I’d like my temps at idle to be around 40-50C (even lower if it’s realistic). My goal is also to fit a 2070 super inside.

So I’m considering a Ryzen 5 3600, since I read that the Asetek 645L should keep it cool. Should I look into an I5-10400 instead ? (I can still change the motherboard, although I don’t know if I can use my Gen 4 M.2 on a Gen 3 Port, so perhaps I’d have to change that too).

For the RTX 2070 super : should I go for a blower style Asus 2070S Turbo or an Super 2070 Mini from Zotac ?

b4r

Cable Smoosher
Aug 11, 2019
My daily driver is in a Dan A4 V3.

CPU : Ryzen 7 3800x air cooled

Gpu : RTX 2080 EVGA (blower card)

I do a lot of CAD work so I went for a more powerful CPU. The 3800x isn't a good value but I got a deal so I have one.

The 3600 and the 3700x have the same TDP at 65w and have the same base clock (3600mhz).

Since you are only using this for gaming the 3600 is perfect. You probably don't need 8 cores any time soon for gaming.

A 2070 super will probably be fine in the Dan A4. Keep in mind the difference of blower VS open cooler. I have used both in the DAN A4. What I have found is that the open air cooler will run cooler but will hear up the case and make the CPU run hotter. This could be a bigger concern for you since you are using the Asetek and that will reduce the airflow on the motherboard making those components run hotter.

I hope this helps