Anodized aluminum - Safe to use with copper for watercooling?

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Nov 5, 2016
Hey guys, I'm back again on this question.
Previously on my other thread a lot of people mentioned that mixing copper and aluminum will result in galvanic corrosion. Since then I kinda gave up on the idea of using an aluminum radiator in my loop.
But now I'm wondering, what if the aluminum is anodized? Anodized aluminum shouldn't be conductive, thus galvanic corrosion shouldn't occur.
Any information will help!

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Nov 5, 2016
According to http://metalfinishingsltd.co.uk/articles/prevent-galvanic-corrosion-anodising/
The beauty of anodising is that because it is an insulator and not a metal, it is compatible with all other common metals (from a galvanic perspective) by virtue of being non-conductive. This means, that it is acceptable to use stainless steel, zinc coated steel, titanium, nickel and others in contact with anodised components.
I feel like this should work if I pair it with low conductivity liquid like the Koolance LIQ-705 and changing the coolant every 6 months or so..

loader963

King of Cable Management
Jan 21, 2017
What’s stopping you from going all Aluminium or all copper? I still wouldn’t mix them in my loop, admittedly from fear of possibility rather than actually knowing that it would do anything.