Motherboard AM4 Thin ITX motherboards, They do exist!

warfreak131

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 30, 2017
The motherboard I just got off Taobao from a Chinese company has a Chinese manual but BIOS in English and in 20+ years, I haven't seen a public product with a BIOS without an English default / option.

Can't personally confirm.. the manual for the A320TM-ITX motherboard is on the ASRock site in English. You can verify the screen shot pictures for the BIOS.

For those interest in ECC support on this board, I heard back from ASRock support that ECC modules will boot but will not enable ECC. They haven't verified if the traces are connected or not.

If they are, a BIOS mod/update will enable it since ECC controller is on the CPU / APU.
If not, the non thin version, A320M-ITX supports ECC, which I'm getting

Thanks for getting back to me! When uIwas on taobao, it said the price was ~$80 and the shipping was about the same, so about $160. Was that what you paid?

Someone else posted a tmall link earlier and it didn't make any mention of shipping, even when I said

encore2097

Caliper Novice
May 13, 2019
Thanks for getting back to me! When uIwas on taobao, it said the price was ~$80 and the shipping was about the same, so about $160. Was that what you paid?

Someone else posted a tmall link earlier and it didn't make any mention of shipping, even when I said

I am getting a A320M-ITX, not A320TM-ITX once I clear up some space. I don't have either at the moment.

Shipping for an ATX motherboard was about $40 through DHL from Shenzhen, China to Michigan, USA and took about 4 days. Unless your getting it express, that seems high.

I posted the Tmall link for the thin-ITX version on what appears to be ASRock Tmall store. Not sure if its official but they have seller guarantee and accept credit cards.

The gist of Taobao / Tmall for international customers is a two step process:

1) Ship items locally in China to a consolidation warehouse near an international center
2) Combine multiple packages and ship internationally.

Sometimes sellers will ship international directly. I highly recommend chatting with them first no matter what you decide. I also check their reviews / ratings and look for 4.8/5 or higher across the board.

Another option is shipping agents like Superbuy. They take care of everything and include pictures / inspection which is nice. Their international shipping estimator is here: https://www.superbuy.com/en/page/query/freight/ . Its a good reference point for how much international shipping costs.

Good luck.

Last edited:

warfreak131

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 30, 2017
I am getting a A320M-ITX, not A320TM-ITX once I clear up some space. I don't have either at the moment.

Shipping for an ATX motherboard was about $40 through DHL from Shenzhen, China to Michigan, USA and took about 4 days. Unless your getting it express, that seems high.

I posted the Tmall link for the thin-ITX version on what appears to be ASRock Tmall store. Not sure if its official but they have seller guarantee and accept credit cards.

The gist of Taobao / Tmall for international customers is a two step process:

1) Ship items locally in China to a consolidation warehouse near an international center
2) Combine multiple packages and ship internationally.

Sometimes sellers will ship international directly. I highly recommend chatting with them first no matter what you decide. I also check their reviews / ratings and look for 4.8/5 or higher across the board.

Another option is shipping agents like Superbuy. They take care of everything and include pictures / inspection which is nice. Their international shipping estimator is here: https://www.superbuy.com/en/page/query/freight/ . Its a good reference point for how much international shipping costs.

Good luck.
I checked out the joy buy link that was posted earlier. It offered free shipping so I thought "no brainier.". Then I noticed the Q&A section where someone asked if it was the Chinese version of the BIOS it the global version and the seller responded saying that it was the Chinese version. I'll have to do some more research, but I'm leaning towards the A300 STX.

EDIT: Just spoke to a rep on TMALL and they said that their version is in English.

Last edited:

wesbl

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 9, 2017
I checked out the joy buy link that was posted earlier. It offered free shipping so I thought "no brainier.". Then I noticed the Q&A section where someone asked if it was the Chinese version of the BIOS it the global version and the seller responded saying that it was the Chinese version. I'll have to do some more research, but I'm leaning towards the A300 STX.

EDIT: Just spoke to a rep on TMALL and they said that their version is in English.

Isn't possible to flash the board with the first release of the global bios?
Any compatibility issue installing an Intel 9260 wifi on a Ryzen motherboard?

Last edited:

warfreak131

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 30, 2017
Isn't possible to flash the board with the first release of the global bios?
Any compatibility issue installing an Intel 9260 wifi on a Ryzen motherboard?

I suppose I could, assuming that it's in Chinese. But I'm taking their word on it that it's in English. I haven't received it yet, so I can't say. I also don't know if I'm going to keep it or not. The A320 doesn't officially support anything newer than the 3000-series APUs, which are based on Zen+ architecture, not Zen 2. ASRock is good about retroactively updating their motherboards and has chosen to give support for Zen 2.

However, as this board has no PCI-E port, I am limited to the APUs. If ASRock chooses not to update to support future processors, I'm basically stuck with the 3400G unless I decide to get a new computer. I emailed ASRock to get an idea of how they plan to support the future processors, but they haven't gotten back to me yet. Their response will determine whether or not I keep the board. But just for shits and giggles, if I decide not to hang onto it, are you interested?

wesbl

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 9, 2017
I'm trying my new build with a A320TM-ITX and a Ryzen 3400g.

The good thing is that the bios is the global one.

The bad thing is that I have to disable the Core Performance Boost (CPB) or everything freezes after few minutes.

I'm using a Gelid Solution Slim Silence I-Plus inside a Zapustar GH1 but I think maybe I should had chosen a Zalman CNPS2X... with the Gelid Solution I have to limit the fan speed to maximum 55% or it's too loud.

Temperatures are too high for me, near 30/35C on Idle...

Last edited:

Dapuma

Average Stuffer
May 18, 2019
I'm trying my new build with a A320TM-ITX and a Ryzen 3400g.

The good thing is that the bios is the global one.

The bad thing is that I have to disable the Core Performance Boost (CPB) or everything freezes after few minutes.

I'm using a Gelid Solution Slim Silence I-Plus inside a Zapustar GH1 but I think maybe I should had chosen a Zalman CNPS2X... with the Gelid Solution I have to limit the fan speed to maximum 55% or it's too loud.

Temperatures are too high for me, near 50C on Idle...
I asked you on discord, but i didn't receive in answer. Where did you get your a320tm-itx?

warfreak131

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 30, 2017
I asked you on discord, but i didn't receive in answer. Where did you get your a320tm-itx?
Hey, not the person you replied to but I got mine on tmall. I received mine but I decided to change directions with the build I was going to do so I'm going to sell it. Are you interested?

Dapuma

Average Stuffer
May 18, 2019
Hey, not the person you replied to but I got mine on tmall. I received mine but I decided to change directions with the build I was going to do so I'm going to sell it. Are you interested?
How much? I mean I'm not really in the situation to buy anything at the moment but I'll keep it in mind

wesbl

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 9, 2017
A320TM-ITX UPDATE:
I've changed the cpu cooler (Cootelk LP53) and I'm running all open air.
No more freeze with CBP enabled, maybe inside temperature was too hot for the motherboard.