Production AM4 Brackets for CPU Coolers (C7 + others)

Mosskovskaia

Trash Compacter
Mar 15, 2019
At some point I'm going to try and acquire a fiber laser cutter for sheet metal and then I *might* be able to engineer more adapter brackets for other coolers. Time and money are going to be the restrictions though. I'd really like to be able to make some of these for myself. Seems silly that there isn't a standard or at least more aftermarket adapters available. I guess liability would be a major concern though (which I would have to investigate).
When you`re ready I`ll ask you for a LP53 AM4 bracket ;)

Jovogdiar

Caliper Novice
Apr 29, 2018
I do not think so his comes with spacer plate.

I am out of stock at this time.

I ended up not using your backplate. The point of a backplate is to provide rigidity to prevent the motherboard from bending. Your backplate being printed with PETG completely defeats its purpose. I printed a set of washers instead. 1.5mm high PETG washers to put between the brackets and the mounting screws and 1.7mm PLA washers to use between the motherboard and the nuts. I had designed a whole backplate to be printed in PLA but given that Cryorig themselves provide washers to use on ITX boards where the backplate doesn't fit, I decided against it.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
I ended up not using your backplate. The point of a backplate is to provide rigidity to prevent the motherboard from bending. Your backplate being printed with PETG makes it useless as a backplate. I printed a set of washers instead. 1.5mm high PETG washers to put between the brackets and the mounting screws and 1.7mm PLA washers to use between the motherboard and the nuts. I had designed a whole backplate to be printed in PLA but given that Cryorig themselves provide washers to use on ITX boards where the backplate doesn't fit, I decided against it.

"spacer plate"

It was never designed as a back plate my friend. It was designed as a spacer.

kanth

Trash Compacter
Feb 20, 2019
Hello, could i please revive the thread,
Is there going to be any restock from you J-Hack ?
I tried ordering from Salvio but there is a nice charge of 100$ due to shipping methods :)

grsychckn

SFF Guru
Salvo Studios
Oct 11, 2017
Hello, could i please revive the thread,
Is there going to be any restock from you J-Hack ?
I tried ordering from Salvio but there is a nice charge of 100$ due to shipping methods :)
$100? What country are you shipping to? I can adjust this as it must be an error on my website. Contact me directly please and I'll work with you on shipping.

PAMattey

What's an ITX?
New User
Aug 15, 2020
Sorry, i know it's an old thread but I've been told there won't be more of these made. Does anyone have the dimensions of the bracket, as well as the thickness and the materials used? I got the ROG Strix X570-I and i'm waiting for my C7G to be shipped (it will take a month or so), and i don't think "cutting" my C7G will be a good idea compared to using custom brackets.

grsychckn

SFF Guru
Salvo Studios
Oct 11, 2017
Sorry, i know it's an old thread but I've been told there won't be more of these made. Does anyone have the dimensions of the bracket, as well as the thickness and the materials used? I got the ROG Strix X570-I and i'm waiting for my C7G to be shipped (it will take a month or so), and i don't think "cutting" my C7G will be a good idea compared to using custom brackets.
I'm currently working on a bracket adapter for the IS-60. Once I get those done I'll circle back to the C7 brackets. I'm in the process of moving and acquiring some machines that will mean I can fabricate these myself in the future. At best, I'm probably a few months away from being able to have something I can sell.

Knufire

Cable Smoosher
Oct 15, 2020
I'm currently working on a bracket adapter for the IS-60. Once I get those done I'll circle back to the C7 brackets. I'm in the process of moving and acquiring some machines that will mean I can fabricate these myself in the future. At best, I'm probably a few months away from being able to have something I can sell.

Any updates on when you or Jhack will have these back in stock?

If it's still going to be a bit, would you be willing to post dimensions/CAD/a dxf of them? Might get them made at SendCutSend or try to engineer a stiff enough 3DP design.

Reactions: grsychckn

grsychckn

SFF Guru
Salvo Studios
Oct 11, 2017
Any updates on when you or Jhack will have these back in stock?

If it's still going to be a bit, would you be willing to post dimensions/CAD/a dxf of them? Might get them made at SendCutSend or try to engineer a stiff enough 3DP design.
I'm going to order some from send cut send myself this weekend. I'm changing the design though so that the original C7 hardware won't be used and I'll include a 3D printed backplate just like with my IS-60 units. I hope to have some available before the end of the month.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
I'm going to order some from send cut send myself this weekend. I'm changing the design though so that the original C7 hardware won't be used and I'll include a 3D printed backplate just like with my IS-60 units. I hope to have some available before the end of the month.
I had meant to ask you @grsychckn if anyone had done any thermal testing with the IS-60 backplate? I used one previously in my SM550 and while it was decent I always thought it should be better.

grsychckn

SFF Guru
Salvo Studios
Oct 11, 2017
I had meant to ask you @grsychckn if anyone had done any thermal testing with the IS-60 backplate? I used one previously in my SM550 and while it was decent I always thought it should be better.
The IS-60 has no backplate included. My 90-degree kit includes a 3D-printed one though. In combination with the 90-degree adapter, I wasn't able to get better thermals (3950X in Eco-Mode), but I was able to squeeze out 100Mhz more in Prime95 than without the backplate/90-degree combo. Hope this helps!

Also, the IS-60 EVO is a beast of a cooler. I was able to only get about 3.3Ghz at best in Prime95 on my IS-60. I just got a sample for the IS-60 EVO and I can maintain 3.6Ghz on my 3950X with that cooler. It can get very loud though so maybe swapping out fans would make the noise levels better.

Reactions: rfarmer

grsychckn

SFF Guru
Salvo Studios
Oct 11, 2017
I just ordered new brackets for the C7. I still have to receive the tooling for the PEM insertion tool as well as order the correct standoffs. I also need to start making more AM4 backplates using my printer so I can include them as well. I'm a good several weeks out before I can sell more, so sign up for my newsletter if you want to be notified (https://www.salvostudiosltd.com - bottom of page).

grsychckn

SFF Guru
Salvo Studios
Oct 11, 2017
Any chance you can make this backplate compatible with the AXP-90 as well?

I'm not sure but I doubt it. The backplate has 3mm passthrough holes for the IS-60 and C7. Even if the studs on the AXP-90 are M3, it appears to me they may not be long enough to pass through both the mainboard PCB and the 3-4mm of the backplate. I don't have one of those coolers so it's hard to tell just how much they protrude beyond the mainboard PCB. If they stick out around 7-8mm there is a chance it will work.

Long story longer: If you wanted to try one I can mail one to you but reach out to me via e-mail please (salvostudiosltd@gmail.com).

Reactions: renecop545

Megaman0025

Caliper Novice
Jul 3, 2019
T318 doesn't make sense, as it's not that good of a cooler, and the mounting system isn't bracket based.

LP53 makes sense, but it is such low availability that making metal brackets isn't worth it. I can easily make a 3d printed version, that can be printed with Nylon or via Shapeways though. I'll add it on my list of To-Dos. :D
Hi there did you ever end up making AM4 brackets for the LP53? Would love to buy some if they worked!!

grsychckn

SFF Guru
Salvo Studios
Oct 11, 2017
Hi there did you ever end up making AM4 brackets for the LP53? Would love to buy some if they worked!!
I actually pulled the LP53 out the other day to take a look and my concern is that the cold plate will only partially cover the AM4 CPUs. It is somewhere near 75% coverage and so I'm not so sure it would be a good idea to use on an AM4 CPU. Also, the amount of effort it would take might not justify my time and costs to produce it. I'd have to invest several hundred dollars to make about 25 sets and I'm not confident I'd sell them. Perhaps once I get my plasma cutting table up and running I can make a set here or there to test but that's looking to be a month or so away. Sorry for the bad news, but for the reasons above, I've decided for not not to pursue it.

Megaman0025

Caliper Novice
Jul 3, 2019
I actually pulled the LP53 out the other day to take a look and my concern is that the cold plate will only partially cover the AM4 CPUs. It is somewhere near 75% coverage and so I'm not so sure it would be a good idea to use on an AM4 CPU. Also, the amount of effort it would take might not justify my time and costs to produce it. I'd have to invest several hundred dollars to make about 25 sets and I'm not confident I'd sell them. Perhaps once I get my plasma cutting table up and running I can make a set here or there to test but that's looking to be a month or so away. Sorry for the bad news, but for the reasons above, I've decided for not not to pursue it.
I understand, and, I agree with you - the cold plate isn’t big enough to cover the Ryzen heat spreader well enough. Going with an ID cooling IS-60 in my SM550 build now. It’s a perfect 55mm height.

Reactions: grsychckn

dave10au

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Dec 31, 2020
Hi, I'm curious as to whether the AM4 90 degree mounting brackets for the C7cu from either J-Hack or Salvostudios will actually allow the heatsink to mount without hitting the VRM heatsink on the ASUS X570-I? There are a couple of thick copper rails jutting out on either side of the cold plate which look like they'd hit just as the fins do when mounted if not removed or bent as I have done. There seems to be someone that left a review on salvostudio shop saying it fits but they didn't have a CPU in so can't really say confirmed working.
Can anyone confirm, please?