Production AM4 Brackets for CPU Coolers (C7 + others)

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
What's the reason for this? Will it have better vrm cooling or something?? Since the c7
Fits with the spec of the safe zone it wouldn't be for compatibly issues.

Other coolers I'd send good reason tho. :)

cj360

Average Stuffer
Jan 25, 2017
I believe its due to cryorig's am4 brackets only allow the cooler to sit one way, while l9i/a can be rotated so the heat pipes are parallel to the ram.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
I believe its due to cryorig's am4 brackets only allow the cooler to sit one way, while l9i/a can be rotated so the heat pipes are parallel to the ram.

Correct.

The NH-L9 when installed on the AM4 is also locked onto the non-optimal orientation as well.

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
What about brackets for the LP53 or T318?

T318 doesn't make sense, as it's not that good of a cooler, and the mounting system isn't bracket based.

LP53 makes sense, but it is such low availability that making metal brackets isn't worth it. I can easily make a 3d printed version, that can be printed with Nylon or via Shapeways though. I'll add it on my list of To-Dos. :D

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
@Thehack, once again coming up with something extremely practical that no one had thought about.

I have a CNC router that can do Alumin(i)um, so I could In theory make metal ones.

DwarfLord

Trash Compacter
Oct 13, 2018
New guy here, so hello to all of you :)

I would also be interested in one set for a nh-l9i ! I'm currently looking to make one myself, but something less "ghetto-mod" would be great for sure ^^
I don't know how much it would cost for transport though, as I'm in Europe :/

Last edited:

cj360

Average Stuffer
Jan 25, 2017
I think an AM4 bracket for the Big Shuriken would be nice, if anything
Also interested in Big Shuriken am4 brackets although I have v. b2, not sure if that warrants a slightly different bracket or if its the same as the big Shuriken you're referring
to.

Last edited:

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
Anyone know what the hole spacing is for Big Shuriken brackets? I had a Scythe Kozuti and want to see if it's the same. I love that cooler but it's not AM4 compatible out of the box either... If worse comes to worst, I'll just design my own Kozuti AM4 brackets.

cj360

Average Stuffer
Jan 25, 2017
Could the Dynatron T318 fit with custom brackets? Or does the narrow intel socket make it incompatible?

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
Could the Dynatron T318 fit with custom brackets? Or does the narrow intel socket make it incompatible?

The T318 I believe has the mounting points directly on the cooler. It only differs from the AMD by a couple mm so there's no space to make a bracket.

Edit: T318 isn't particularly better than the Noctua, even in the less than perfect orientation of the NH-L9a on AMD. On the other hand it'd be simpler to modify a NH-L9i if you need it

Last edited:

cj360

Average Stuffer
Jan 25, 2017
Ah, I thought the t318 might've performed better didn't know it was so close to the L9a/L9i.