Concept 5.37L Aluminum extrusion Frame

AURMEND

Destroyer of PCs
Original poster
A&M Solutions and Design LLC
Jul 30, 2018
Well just tried to turn it on today and... My FSP 500W GOLD is dead. I can only get 1.5V out of the 12v side.

I was able to use the Enhance 600w Platinum, except I can't use my GPU yet. BTW the fan is super quiet, no need for the Noctua fan.

Also I bought the NH-L9i just in case and well good thing I did that due to Black Ridge problems

ckaym

Caliper Novice
Oct 14, 2018
I'm going to have to modify the wires on the Enhance 600w Platinum. It's going to be a tight fit with all these wires. Going to use a thicker gauge wire straight out of the PSU then split it off.

Is this the new AsRock z390 Phantom Gaming ITX/AC? How is it OC-ing? And with what CPU?

AURMEND

Destroyer of PCs
Original poster
Jul 30, 2018

Looks like this it the only way. Or I need some very good pcie extenders to flip it.
Hopefully the risers I bought will fit perfectly. Anyone got any suggestions to flip the GPU?

Reactions: ckaym and BaK

BaK

King of Cable Management
Bronze Supporter
May 17, 2016
Nice to see all this going well altogether! :thumb:

Can we see more pics of the red part, 3D printed I guess?
It looks very ingenious!

Anyone got any suggestions to flip the GPU?
You mean to have the GPU fans on top, like in the pic of your post #40?
If so I think that could be done with a A type PCIe riser going under the GPU. You may have to lift the GPU a little from the bottom to let some space for the riser.

However I don't know if you have enough room laterally, in between the mobo and the GPU for the cable to go down, and between the GPU and the case for the riser PCB...

Reactions: ckaym

AURMEND

Destroyer of PCs
Original poster
Jul 30, 2018
Nice to see all this going well altogether! :thumb:

Can we see more pics of the red part, 3D printed I guess?
It looks very ingenious!

You mean to have the GPU fans on top, like in the pic of your post #40?
If so I think that could be done with a A type PCIe riser going under the GPU. You may have to lift the GPU a little from the bottom to let some space for the riser.

However I don't know if you have enough room laterally, in between the mobo and the GPU for the cable to go down, and between the GPU and the case for the riser PCB...

Yeah I have no room for the Riser PCB. I bought both the 1U and 2U PCI-E riser cards to see if I can make them for.

I'm going to post more pics later

AURMEND

Destroyer of PCs
Original poster
Jul 30, 2018
So the 2U GPU riser looks like would fit. But... I have to cut the GPU bracket due to the audio jacks in the back of the Mobo

AURMEND

Destroyer of PCs
Original poster
Jul 30, 2018
You did it!

Congratulations on your build/job!

Would you mind sharing the total cost to build the case?

Thank you for your help and your attention.
I'm sorry for any inconvenience.
Will do just need to sort out all the ibforinform and release the CAD files

ckaym

Caliper Novice
Oct 14, 2018
Congrats!
I'm curious to see some benchmarks with that 90-degree pcie bridge (if it has performance hit or not)
What was the CPU you're using?
Looks great!
Cheers!

AURMEND

Destroyer of PCs
Original poster
Jul 30, 2018
Congrats!
I'm curious to see some benchmarks with that 90-degree pcie bridge (if it has performance hit or not)
What was the CPU you're using?
Looks great!
Cheers!

I posted benchmarks on that Performance Per Liter thread. I couldn't overclock it was 1750Mhz, it use to go to 1800Mhz.

I'm using a 9700K.

I think i need to lower the Motherboard by 2mm to fix the Riser card height.

ckaym

Caliper Novice
Oct 14, 2018
Finally the last parts (MoBo & RAM) arrived!
Here's a preview of (almost) everything I should put together inside the blue aluminium frame.

There's no place inside for the reservoir :) So it'll be detachable thru the QuickDisconnectCouplings around it.

Also my initial frame plan was for single 240mm Radiator (with the two black 25x120mm Noctua fans) on the top (with rad & fans under the top of the blue frame).

The two beige 15x120mm Noctua fans on the bottom for general coolness 8) will be replaced with same 25mm fans like the top ones and 2nd 240mm radiator, which will make the frame few cm taller.

Currently there's no aluminium water-block for my GigaByte gtx1080oc so it'll stay air-cooled until I find compatible alu-water-block or until EK release their RTX-line alu-blocks and I upgrade it (or until I improvise custom alu-water-block from a alu-CPU-water-block ala'JayzTwoCents).

Also the D5 pump is a bit bigger than I originally planned so I guess my case will grow in length with few cm (which is ok for me. I'm aiming at dimensions: ~125mm width, up to 290mm height & length can grow from 320mm to 360mm I guesstimate - so it can still fit some larger backpacks).
I'll open separate thread for the whole build, which I hope I'll complete this weekend. :)

Bjornyyy

Trash Compacter
Jan 22, 2017
Finally the last parts (MoBo & RAM) arrived!
Here's a preview of (almost) everything I should put together inside the blue aluminium frame.

There's no place inside for the reservoir :) So it'll be detachable thru the QuickDisconnectCouplings around it.

Also my initial frame plan was for single 240mm Radiator (with the two black 25x120mm Noctua fans) on the top (with rad & fans under the top of the blue frame).

The two beige 15x120mm Noctua fans on the bottom for general coolness 8) will be replaced with same 25mm fans like the top ones and 2nd 240mm radiator, which will make the frame few cm taller.

Currently there's no aluminium water-block for my GigaByte gtx1080oc so it'll stay air-cooled until I find compatible alu-water-block or until EK release their RTX-line alu-blocks and I upgrade it (or until I improvise custom alu-water-block from a alu-CPU-water-block ala'JayzTwoCents).

Also the D5 pump is a bit bigger than I originally planned so I guess my case will grow in length with few cm (which is ok for me. I'm aiming at dimensions: ~125mm width, up to 290mm height & length can grow from 320mm to 360mm I guesstimate - so it can still fit some larger backpacks).
I'll open separate thread for the whole build, which I hope I'll complete this weekend. :)
I'm looking forward to the build, are the dimensions you listed with or without the radiators?