Concept 6.5L sff case, based on ps4 looks and HDplex

ashrafmmahdy

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Jul 26, 2017
Hey guys I was always a fan of powerful SFF PCs. specially how the current gen PS4 looks like. so I decided to make a prototype concept case based on that. the objective was the following
1. High end CPU ( case is 82mm high)
2. multiple storage ( I currently have a problem locating where to put 2.5" SSDs/HDDs)
3. high end MINI GPUs (The GPU air flow is completely separate from the rest of the case...in addition multiple vents around the gpu side + 1 intake 120mm fans at the TOP/ or bottom if the if design changes)
4. decent temps (DUH... XD)
5. small overall volume (while the smallest I have seen with an internal PSU is the Sentry by Dr. Zaber at 7 litres it sacrifices a lot in terms of fans but it is relatively thin as well at 66mm) I decided to take it a bit further but eliminating the psu limitation and using HDplex)

I have a small problem as well, I want to fit the HDDs such that, they can be hot swappable if I can, like the S4 mini HDD rails. but its not the most important thing :)

Would love to hear ALL your suggestions (but please be constructive :/) :D
I WANT TO MAKE THIS A REALITY!

pictures

drive link if pics dont work - https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1MdEYf5WpFMToQRc5-8BZC9CgxOLCAybu

I HAVE ANOTHER THREAD WITH A SIMILAR CASE, BUT A BIT LARGER AT 8.6L. however compatibility is MUCH BETTER for bigger GPUs/HDD - additional gpu fan. by using FSPs Flex ATX psus. THREAD LINKED HERE -
https://smallformfactor.net/forum/t...n-ps4-looks-and-flex-atx-psu-8-6-litres.2842/

ondert

Airflow Optimizer
Apr 16, 2017
Am I the only one who can’t see the images?

edit: google drive link works, can’t see the photos on the thread.

ashrafmmahdy

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Jul 26, 2017
Am I the only one who can’t see the images?

edit: google drive link works, can’t see the photos on the thread.
I figured the photos wont work so I linked the drive XD. cant figure out for the life of me to link pictures correctly. maybe they need an outside source all together like imgur.

all in all, what do you think? there is another model, my main idea in fact, where it's at 8.6L but far better in terms of hardware compat. :) think the folder name is model 29.7