Stalled 3.5L HTPC Case- Made for Ryzen!

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
As this case is the only apu centric, hdplex 160 ac dc friendly, metal, and non passive case of its kind, I don’t mind paying a steep price. It would be nice to garner more support so it’s not as spendy though.

You would seriously pay 200ish a case plus shipping? I agree garnering more interest would be nice, and that was the goal of posting on [H], but, they banned me for spam, spam being one short post....

If this is similar in quality to the usual popular stuff on this forum (sfflab stuff), sign me up.

This is going to be manufactured by the same people (Sliger Designs) that make the cerebrus and cerebrus x. The goal wasn't a budget case: the goal was the same as the NFC cases- pure quality and durable enough to last forever, hence the 1.6mm thick aluminum, not thinner steel. As for SFFLab, I wanted to sell through them, and I sent an email but got no response.

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
Oh, for a while I thought you got temp-banned on this forum. Yeah, [H] is not taking it easy on new-ish people who are presenting projects as products to be sold. That happened with another user from here, one of the guys who has their own metal fab shop... I believe only guys like Necere and Dondan are the exception, because they've been on [H] for many years, and had more skin in the game as the early indie case builders. They got in at a good time which is how they were able to drum up a lot of support and funding :p

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
Also- i posted this on the LTT Forums- hope I'm not banned there too......

@CC Ricers do you know anyone on [H] that could get me unbanned? I really wasn't spamming....

K888D

SFF Guru
Lazer3D
Feb 23, 2016
www.lazer3d.com
Yeah, [H] is not taking it easy on new-ish people who are presenting projects as products to be sold. That happened with another user from here, one of the guys who has their own metal fab shop...

I was one of the people who got banned on [H] as well, I posted about the LZ7 development and even got some really positive replies, I then tried to log back on a few hours later and I was banned with the thread deleted, I'd spent hours typing out my opening thread post full of information and development photos, lol. Admins wouldn't respond when I tried to contact them about it multiple times, I had been active on their for a few months. I think the reason I was banned was because I posted an external link, I was more than happy to remove it (and any other mistakes or rules I had broken) but no joy - just a straight permanent ban.

The way I see it now, is its their loss. They will be receiving less traffic and new users that I direct back from my own website and social pages when linking to development posts and news articles, etc. All they are doing is driving more and more people to come over to this forum which is a much more accepting and friendly forum anyway, so probably a good thing overall for the SFF community.

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
Never thought things are quite hard in [H].

Perhaps try over
.net? They have SFF section as well.

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
I was one of the people who got banned on [H] as well, I posted about the LZ7 development and even got some really positive replies, I then tried to log back on a few hours later and I was banned with the thread deleted, I'd spent hours typing out my opening thread post full of information and development photos, lol. Admins wouldn't respond when I tried to contact them about it multiple times, I had been active on their for a few months. I think the reason I was banned was because I posted an external link, I was more than happy to remove it (and any other mistakes or rules I had broken) but no joy - just a straight permanent ban.

The way I see it now, is its their loss. They will be receiving less traffic and new users that I direct back from my own website and social pages when linking to development posts and news articles, etc. All they are doing is driving more and more people to come over to this forum which is a much more accepting and friendly forum anyway, so probably a good thing overall for the SFF community.

Yeah, I even left a message at the bottom: If there is an issue with this thread, please tell me.

i had spent a good deal of time typing the thread (hadn't even made a backup) and making some new renders specifically for this.

Never thought things are quite hard in [H].

Perhaps try over
.net? They have SFF section as well.

They'd probably ban me too. This forum is unique with it's custom cases and projects thread....

Reactions: TheHig and K888D

TheHig

King of Cable Management
Oct 13, 2016
Ouch. Seems pretty harsh. I’m guessing you have to be a member with a certain post count as well as whatever rules regarding links or product promotions.

But if the mods won’t respond to you it makes it tough to know for sure.

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
There is a specific subforum on OCN for small-ish vendors called Artisans but I don't know how well maintained it is. Some of the regular members in those forums did wind up here as well.

Most of the interesting builds have been in the custom case build logs, gave us Compact Splash, @Jeffinslaw's project mATX, and @4RTEX's FPS-Case 1.

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
How are you doing with this project?

So, because of life (and lack of community interest) this just isn't going anywhere. The design needs some serious modification (I think) in order to be marketable. If you want the designs, you can have them- anyone can. Just PM me.

Reactions: cleveland

Thehack

Spatial Philosopher
Creator
Mar 6, 2016
J-hackcompany.com
I see.

I've been working on a similar project as well. The layout is a lil' different but it's a similar spec sheet.

I just posted the thread on it.

Last edited:

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
I see.

I've been working on a similar project as well. The layout is a lil' different but it's a similar spec sheet.

I just posted the thread on it.

Would be glad to see someone put this concept to use. It's truly one of a kind.

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
Ah, yes. Please be aware (If you are having it manufactured) that there are a few tolerance issues.

https://autode.sk/2MegkJz

Also, It's expensive to manufacture with the hole vent pattern. I would change it to slots if you are manufacturing it.

Reactions: kviker

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
All these Ryzen APU cases being planned but would like to see one show up eventually :) This is almost like a fun race of sorts, of who'll be the first to show and release one. Even I want to get in on making a APU case now!

Reactions: K888D

kviker

Trash Compacter
Jun 30, 2017
Some ideas.
- Use the side walls as the legs of the body.
- Some motherboards have backlight. You can add a cutout to highlight the area under the body.

Reactions: confusis