What did you do today?

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
interview postponed until tomorrow due to illness on the part of the interviewer. Dangit!

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
yes, but its not what it was sold as, nor is the pay fair. A job that I'm good at became available, at a better pay rate, so I applied.
I can only hope that the position is available immediately and not after some time. I have that issue currently but then again, the company wasn't hiring at the time. I did not get an interview at the ones that are. Life should be called irony instead.

Last edited:

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
This one is available as soon as I can start, if I am successful :) (3-4 weeks notice at current job :( )

Reactions: Soul_Est

onlyabloke

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 22, 2016
pcpartpicker.com
Went and got beat up by the physical therapist again. Couple more weeks of appointments until surgery number two...followed by six more week (minimum) of appointments at physical therapy...

Yayyyy.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
yes, but its not what it was sold as, nor is the pay fair. A job that I'm good at became available, at a better pay rate, so I applied.
I've been there... Years ago, I applied for a PC technician function, basically fixing, installing and building PCs all day long <3. The first day of training for their software (logging every single thing), they asked me to do sales in the store for the first few weeks. The next day, they said I'd need to be doing the store thing for a few months because someone was sick. And out the front door I went.

EdZ

Virtual Realist
May 11, 2015
Got the biopsy results from my gastroscopy, confirming no sign of oesophageal cancer. No sign of Barrett's oesophagus developing either, so hopefully I can dodge that particular risk factor with Proton Pump Inhibitors.

onlyabloke

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 22, 2016
pcpartpicker.com
Got the biopsy results from my gastroscopy, confirming no sign of oesophageal cancer. No sign of Barrett's oesophagus developing either, so hopefully I can dodge that particular risk factor with Proton Pump Inhibitors.

Well that's good! I started taking Nexium recently to combat some Acid Reflux I was having. Hopefully it stays that way.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Damn, it sounds serious @EdZ , I hope it's nothing bad in the end. That human body thing, it's a mess of failed hardware sometimes.

BirdofPrey

Standards Guru
Sep 3, 2015
I've been there... Years ago, I applied for a PC technician function, basically fixing, installing and building PCs all day long <3. The first day of training for their software (logging every single thing), they asked me to do sales in the store for the first few weeks. The next day, they said I'd need to be doing the store thing for a few months because someone was sick. And out the front door I went.
You dodged a bullet there, though. PC tech support for a store is terrible

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Well I liked it a lot, still do and am doing in some form now. I've never had a huge issue dealing with people, I know many people in sales or support get burnt-out or lose all faith in humanity, but I'm a very patient man with a nack for insight into people's trains-of-thought, allowing me to relativise a lot of stuff others would take personally or would flip out over.

It also helps being comforting about the situation, the people will reward you by generally being much calmer and open to your problem-fixin'. Up to a point that I'm suspecting they're calling me when they are over-stressed ("oh look, now it's fixed, strange how that always happens when I call you"). I'm expecting to be the office Jesus in 3 years, where I'll spread my SFF gospel onto the believers.

Reactions: Soul_Est

EdZ

Virtual Realist
May 11, 2015
Damn, it sounds serious @EdZ , I hope it's nothing bad in the end. That human body thing, it's a mess of failed hardware sometimes.
I'll go Full Prosthetic as soon as it's viable. I'd even settle for brain-in-a-jar with remote manipulators!