Prototype The world most flexible SFF case? LOUQE Ghost S1

Beardedswede

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2018
I wish they made the ghost at least 4-10mm wider. Would make sense to have a ghost S1 optimased for aircooling, good big air coolers.
then they can do their AIO, more compact version. But of course that would make it more complex and expensive to have multiple models. but still

Reactions: pcm

Bangle

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 12, 2018
Pangaea in a bit more natural soft lightning.

Wow might change to green. ordered the ash version.

edrenmarc

Trash Compacter
Sep 28, 2017
yeah they adusted the tophats, 1mm higher, and that became a bigger problem then exspected. They are a to much of perfectionist sometimes, at some point you need to push the changes to the next version.

Agreed. I find it funny how they can be nearly obsessive about like 1mm and how they describe details about adjustments and tooling yet that same perfectionist attitude towards planning the timeline properly or the communication with the backers was nonexistent.

Not to beat a dead horse but asking everyone to pick colors based off of renders and then getting “professional” photos of the final cases over a month later was not thought through properly. Hard to get people to pick a final color when a real life sample didn’t exist to base their decisions. And all prior sample colors were indoors from a warm yellow light source or some obscure artsy angle like it was meant for Instagram. Take a sample outside on a nice day, take a photo. Not difficult.

I think communication in general was Louqe’s weakpoint. Getting backer and support from forums then pretty much abandoning all forum presence. Lapse of communication with case reviewers like Jayztwocents. The whole slack debacle. And for a long period of time, no updates to KS. This was definitely frustrating to back and follow. But I’m really hoping this becomes a learning experience for them on the next project.

I’m not even sure if @PaChalski will ever read this but admitting errors goes a long way towards maintaining trust with customers. Sometimes a simple “oh we underestimated the timeframe for this” Or “we apologize for the final photo delay” goes a long way. A good project idea will get many initial backers, but great customer service and communication will create loyal returning customers who would advertise this for them. With their current communication, I wouldn’t advise any friends to back Louqe. Instead I’d just tell them to just get a Dan case or an Ncase.

Dear Louqe. Don’t ghost your customers. Communicate better and look into hiring someone to do so in the future.

greyhound

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 21, 2018
yeah they adusted the tophats, 1mm higher, and that became a bigger problem then exspected. They are a to much of perfectionist sometimes, at some point you need to push the changes to the next version.

a perfectionist doesn't redesign constantly his project over and over...the final changes were supposed to be the ones made last december...

this looks more like an oversight.

3vilgenius

Chassis Packer
Jan 4, 2018
a perfectionist doesn't redesign constantly his project over and over...the final changes were supposed to be the ones made last december...

this looks more like an oversight.

I thought the 1mm raise in top hat height was already in the final proposed changes many months ago. So is this yet another 1mm increase in height (2mm above the original) or just running into problems with the already proposed 1mm?

Choidebu

"Banned"
Aug 16, 2017
I wish they made the ghost at least 4-10mm wider. Would make sense to have a ghost S1 optimased for aircooling, good big air coolers.
then they can do their AIO, more compact version. But of course that would make it more complex and expensive to have multiple models. but still
Somebody arrest this guy. He's gonna put more 'adjustment' ideas in louqe's head... not good... not good at all.

/s

Photos looks awesome peeps - just imagine snuggling with them panels when you finally get em.

Reactions: Bangle and Nanook

Chrip

Average Stuffer
Nov 16, 2017
Never backing another kickstarter ever again. This is just ridiculous at this point. Might just move on now and sell this case for a profit when I get mine lol.

RelentlesSausage

Trash Compacter
May 1, 2018
anilist.co
I'm not waiting anymore lol. I just ordered a skyreach 4 mini (glad to support @Josh | NFC )and got a new gpu. RIP Louqe S1. The guy isn't responding to dms. Since I was a late backer I am betting that it will come in november honestly.

SeeFiFo

Average Stuffer
May 14, 2017
Never backing another kickstarter ever again. This is just ridiculous at this point. Might just move on now and sell this case for a profit when I get mine lol.

I've backed a rather large number of crowd funding projects on Kickstarter and Indiegogo and must say that this is pretty much on par with how it usually goes. Not uncommon for projects to delay for several years.

But then of course, I knew in advance that it was very likely to happen (because with projects involving manufacturing it pretty much always does), since I'm used to it. :)

chyll2

Master of Cramming
Jun 27, 2018
I got burned once (game that I didnt even play cause all of the interest were gone) and I never supported another kickstarter again. Unfortunately, this is actually normal to most if not all kickstarted project.

Bangle

Cable-Tie Ninja
Apr 12, 2018
thinking the same. ncase it might have to be after all this wait.

krayr

Cable Smoosher
Aug 9, 2018
Missed the boat on the KS but would love to have one of these.

Me too.. so much rip. :\

Might just move on now and sell this case for a profit when I get mine lol.

Since I was a late backer I am betting that it will come in november honestly.

thinking the same. ncase it might have to be after all this wait.

If you guys are willing to sell/transfer the preorder? I'd take it off your hands. :eek:

Beardedswede

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2018
Me too.. so much rip. :\

If you guys are willing to sell/transfer the preorder? I'd take it off your hands. :eek:
probably just eaiser and better if you buy it when they get it in a month.
These requests will just be messy if you do it with a kickstarter company.

Reactions: krayr

macbosco

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 20, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
Just out of interest, for KS and Indiegogo, what's the refund policy? Any time frame for that? Or is there one offered for this project?

Last edited:

Beardedswede

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2018
Just out of interest, for KS and Indiegogo, what's the refund policy? Any time frame for that? Or is there one offered for this project?
They dont need to, most i tried in my past have denied me. It's a kickstarter. So if they fail and dont wanna pay it's your problem basically.
I heard that Loque accept refunds though but I can't verify. Understandable if they didn't accept it 3 weeks before shipment but who knows.