Origin was once one of the most respected custom PC integrators in the world. They went toe to toe with Falcon Northwest, and were renowned for their build quality. Not anymore.
Steve from Gamers Nexus, seen above staring at evidence we’re in the worst possible timeline, purchased and reviewed a $6,600 Origin custom PC. This is not a review sample. They bought this undercover. Spoiler alert, it’s an absolute mess and broken out of the box.
How bad is it? Let’s look at the issues.
– The CPU (5800X3D) was locked to its base clock and running about 25% slower than stock.
– The $350 custom paint job looked like it was done by rattle cans, and is damaged out of the box.
– The system was missing foam internal protection though Corsair claims it’s intentional.
– Missing recovery drive.
– Missing out of box instructions and manual though component manuals were present.
– Use of a 850 Watt Gold class PSU in a $6,600 system.
– Broken RGB software out of the box.
– Broken fan speed control out of the box causing the system to spin at 100% fan speed (12 fans) at 40C
– Squeaking panel hinge likely due to over tightening.
– Rear panel cable cover cannot close fully.
– System is insanely loud at 59 dBA under load and 39 dBA at idle.
Origin/Corsair claims that this system was tested prior to being sent, and passed their internal scripted tests.
I don’t want to spoil this review any further, but good lord Origin PC is an absolute mess. Check out the video below.