Not open for further replies.

BernardoZ

Founder of Z-CASES
Original poster
z-cases.com
Feb 7, 2018
www.z-cases.com
[Update] Websites are down for renovation and will return on Friday
Hello everyone, thank you so much for your constant following and support, our website is currently down for renovation and we are expecting to bring them back online on Friday, February 8, 2019. And we will have some excited news coming with the revamped website

Hey guys, some important news:

1) The custom PSUs from Enhance arrived, and look very nice. It will be included in two of our bundle options, as you can check on 1st post.
Specs are still Flex ATX 600w 80+ Platinum, and the modifications made were:
- Black enclosure;
- Black custom-sized cables (it will ease cable management a lot);
- A bit of improvement on the fan curve (expected noise is ~20dB and 2000RPM until 480w load).

Here are a couple pics of it:

2) On the last few weeks, we have been trying to contact the big youtubers for a video review, without any success. This disappointed us a bit, because all past successful SFF Kickstarters got at least one of them, so we don't know what result to expect in our campaign anymore.
But we decided that instead of postpone the project, we will just send the cases to smaller reviewers and hope for the best. I wish we can still succeed this way, so I will be counting with the support of you guys, as we've been working really hard on this project for over 1 year...

3) We did some tests on Rev.3 prototypes (made by Jonsbo), and everything seems perfect now (including temps). Now we are just finishing some company details before starting the Kickstarter campaign, which should be in ~1 month. More pics and info will be posted soon too.

Cheers, Bernardo

Last edited:

Sashby

Average Stuffer
Nov 13, 2017
Have you tried contacting YouTuber Optimum Tech? He's a big user of the Ncase and was the only YouTuber (to my knowledge) that covered the preview of Chimera MachOne.

sfxbajan

Average Stuffer
Dec 4, 2017
Have you tried contacting YouTuber Optimum Tech? He's a big user of the Ncase and was the only YouTuber (to my knowledge) that covered the preview of Chimera MachOne.
I was going to suggest the same guy, good person to use. In addition to him check out youtuber tek everything. He is another sff fan

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
@BernardoZ
Have you contacted Hardware Canucks (covered the Chimera Cerberus) or Dave2D (covered the Louqe Ghost S1 but after the campaign) as well?

I really like that custom PSU. Will it be a separate pledge in the KickStarter?

Reactions: BernardoZ

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
I'm glad Z-cases are progressing..;)
Still interested with this SFF that focus on hardware show.

Could you also highlight how you can handle cable management please?
You can even focus on advantage to use your customed flex psu, with specific length cables.

Coming back to your psu choice, you can propose alternativ with hdplex 400W combo.

Last edited:

BernardoZ

Founder of Z-CASES
Original poster
z-cases.com
Feb 7, 2018
www.z-cases.com
@ChatoMan1 All great tips, but the final prototype is ready; So those improvements will have to wait for future revisions...
About the CPU Cooler clearance, the case already supports up to 60mm height. Anything above that wouldn't offer much advantage without having to increase case volume a lot, or ruining its looks.

@MarcParis Thanks a lot man.
I will try to get some pics, but I'm hoping cable management will be well-shown on the video reviews.
About the HDPLEX support, it's too late to add it, and I don't think it would offer much advantage either...

@kviker Thank you sir!

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
@BernardoZ I'm very interested in what the pricing will be for this case and that PSU... any ETA on when that will be announced? I have seen you say we will know closer to the Kickstarter launch, but each day is getting closer, and I know I'm not alone in wanting to know that info. :)

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
@MarcParis Thanks a lot man.
I will try to get some pics, but I'm hoping cable management will be well-shown on the video reviews.
About the HDPLEX support, it's too late to add it, and I don't think it would offer much advantage either...
Ahah i understand your point of view about psu and hdplex..:)

You are really confident on your flex atx customed psu...:)
Will it be possible to buy your customed psu alone?

BernardoZ

Founder of Z-CASES
Original poster
z-cases.com
Feb 7, 2018
www.z-cases.com
@Sashby Thanks for the words man :D

@FoskcoRS5 We thought about making the Custom PSU modular, but it adds ~4cm to its lenght, which would make our case incompatible with some wider GPUs. This decision might deviate people who want to use our PSU on other cases, but it will certainly benefit the P50 usability...

Last edited:
Reactions: Mortis Angelus

FoskcoRS5

Designated LMG
Jan 31, 2017
@Sashby Thanks for the words man :D

@FoskcoRS5 We thought about making the Custom PSU modular, but it adds ~4cm to its lenght, which would make our case incompatible with some wider GPUs. This decision might deviate people who want to use our PSU on other cases, but it will certainly benefit the P50 usability...
Totally understand and I think your chassis looks incredible. I stumbled on this thread today and I saw the customer PSU and was even more intrigued.

My comment was more of a hypothetical for a personal use case.

GioRgSaVv

Cable Smoosher
Oct 6, 2017
Damn I'm in love with this case

Have you run any benchmarks? I'm really curious about the temps of blower style GPUs and open air GPUs.

If blower style GPUs are better in this case I'm getting an MSI 1070 Aero, if an open air then an MSI 1070 Armor.

Also, how much will it cost for case+shipping to Germany?

Reactions: Mortis Angelus
Status
Not open for further replies.