Log Yet Another NCase M1 (Zero compromise edition)

Blubbie21

Trash Compacter
Feb 3, 2020
Hmmmmm makes me think I should've tried a X-flow radiator for the top. Have the IN closer to the CPU block (from CPU to radiator), and the OUT on the other side (rad to rad).

i dont think so, i never saw a NCASe dual rad custom loop with xflow rad. in addition they take more place. you need the tubes coming out on one side to use longer / flexible softtubes. They? because you need to take of / on the side radiator from the case. In a typical ATX case or even smaller cases you can cut the tubes to the minimal length. but here you need some more clearance to handle the side radiator. don't you think so? ( i am just guessing..)

Blubbie21

Trash Compacter
Feb 3, 2020

Optimum Tech is sold on the Iceman.

Do not understand what you are talking about. The iceman was not developed by Optimum Tech! (?). You can buy the iceman for a long time. I ordered mine on aliexpress and got it after 1 1/2 weeks.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Do not understand what you are talking about. The iceman was not developed by Optimum Tech! (?). You can buy the iceman for a long time. I ordered mine on aliexpress and got it after 1 1/2 weeks.
''Optimum Tech is sold on the Iceman'' means OT loves the Iceman and is very enthusiastic about it.?

wallsofjericho

Chassis Packer
May 6, 2020

This is how mine looks yet ... after repositioning and rescrewing the side rad i gained sort of 1-1,5mm of clearance ... no idea where i have lost the space before.

Still waiting for the new CPUs and GPU chips to get released and my EK 3.2 DDC PWM pump, bottom rad and more fittings to arrive so i can dry run the water cooling part. Hopyfully the new reference GPU cards are not too long for the M1 case and availability for water blocks won't take too long.

I am very eager to see your cable management, once you're at it :-)

Blubbie21

Trash Compacter
Feb 3, 2020
@rfarmer @tinyitx

Yeah of course the iceman is a cool solution. But new users to NCase should not forget the simple option to re-use their current / existing reservoir (with their pump) for the NCase like these builds show:

Because the Ncase is so well constructed, it's pretty easy to mount everything in the rear fan position. Personally, my problem was, I have a 250ml reservoir that would look pretty gigantic on the back of the case :-) But a 100ml or less would fit well. see pictures below.

• Love
Reactions: Odd_Fox

Kitsune

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Jun 22, 2020
Tinyitx. How do i go about buying from Taobao?
Thank you.

Don't. I've heard a lot of people talking about Taobao, which is the Chinese-facing consumer channel for the Alibaba empire - Order from Aliexpress. Every single product on Taobao is on Aliexpress, and it's designed for us western english/european speaking mortals.

Last edited:

Kitsune

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Jun 22, 2020
Also. Why has everyone got shiny Nickel RAM and I haven’t? Did I buy the wrong RAM or do you just buy shiny plate housing for it? What is it and where do I get it? I want bling RAM.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Last edited:
Reactions: rickster

Kitsune

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Jun 22, 2020
I see you are from the US.
Basically, you buy through an agent (eg Superbuy).
Go to this thread https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/whats-on-taobao.885/
and ask around. Many members have used Superbuy (and other agents) and can advise you much better.

Aliexpress (in English) is an option but I do not know why it is not mentioned much here by members.

Why on earth use an agent to buy stuff from a Chinese site that is available on an English site? Have I missed something?

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Why on earth use an agent to buy stuff from a Chinese site that is available on an English site? Have I missed something?
Just googled.

Aliexpress is seldom mentioned here. Maybe you can ask around why people do not use Aliexpress.
And, are you sure every item in Taobao is available in Aliexpress? I did a quick check and did not seem to find Sunmilo or Deng cases there? Anyway, I have not bought from Aliexpress before and am not familiar with it.

Last edited:

ParallaxStax

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 24, 2019
And, are you sure every item in Taobao is available in Aliexpress? I did a quick check and did not seem to find Sunmilo or Deng cases there? Anyway, I have not bought from Aliexpress before and am not familiar with it.

Taobao has a much larger selection and is (often) cheaper.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Taobao has a much larger selection and is (often) cheaper.
Yes, that is my general impression. For selection, it is not just within the PC category. I feel that many small sellers are just putting their products in Taobao but not in AE....this is getting out of topic...sorry to OP.

Kitsune

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Jun 22, 2020
Yes, that is my general impression. For selection, it is not just within the PC category. I feel that many small sellers are just putting their products in Taobao but not in AE....this is getting out of topic...sorry to OP.

well to be fair I asked the question so we are good. I figured they were essentially the same sites for different territories. Maybe some stuff is missing from AliExpress. I’m very much a noob here. This is my first build, so all this information is part of my journey to learn more about your world and development my knowledge and understanding about all aspects of it along the way so even when we branch off-topic a little, it’s all on topic for me.

Kitsune

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Jun 22, 2020
The EK fittings and DDC pump arrived today!

Pump is mounted to the res, and I've had a play with the compression fittings and put the first tube in, from the CPU block to the res. Still putting off cable work...

Blubbie21

Trash Compacter
Feb 3, 2020
@Kitsune
Could you please name the exact type of fitting you are using? They look very slim.
The tubes are the EK ZMT 16/10 ?

Unfortunately i had to stop my project, my graphics card (Gainward RTX 2070Super Phantom GS) was to wide with the mounted waterblock from alphacool (Eisblock GPX-N Plexi Light). I can't close the left side panel because the in- and outlet ports on the GPU including the fittings were jammaing agains the side panel and the side radiator. This was a very bad day for me ?. For now i've done an aircooled build. Waiting for the next geforce / radeon generation to buy me a new graphics card. This time - most likely a "founders edition".

• Wow
Reactions: Odd_Fox