Stalled Winter One -- 15.6L SFF case, 3090 Support, 3-slot GPUs, dual 280mm radiators, CFD Optimized Design

G23 Mr Gimp

Caliper Novice
Bronze Supporter
Sep 14, 2020
I imagine cable lengths similar to ones used in the Ghost S1 etc would be usable as layout wise it's gonna be fairly similar

WinterCharm

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Jan 19, 2019
I may have overlooked this, but does anyone have info on custom cable lengths?

I imagine cable lengths similar to ones used in the Ghost S1 etc would be usable as layout wise it's gonna be fairly similar

Correct, from what we've seen, cable lengths similar to the ghost will work (internal layout is similar).

@WinterCharm if everything will go as planned what is the target delivery date? (of course departure, arrival will vary between locations)

I don't want to give a specific date just yet. But I can say we're on target for a December shipment, so far. I know it's been relatively quiet, but I've spent the last week spinning up our supply chains, and starting to order parts, while also waiting for Kickstarter surveys to come in, bank transfers to occur.

v11 development is complete, but the simulations turned up some airflow issues with the lower beam running along the bottom of the GPU, so we re-evaluated the beam and made it more central, and those changes are getting rolled into the final validation build that we're working on. v12 is what we'll ship with the KS. (version numbers are always +1 for "in progress" and +1 for "complete" ).

Heard anything about the LTT video? Still waiting for it, hope they get those parts soon!

LTT video doesn't have a timeline right now. I'm also coordinating with them to get a final version of the case in their hands now, because there isn't much point to doing a review of the Beta with production versions coming next month.

Post-Newt

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 12, 2020
I don't want to give a specific date just yet. But I can say we're on target for a December shipment, so far. I know it's been relatively quiet, but I've spent the last week spinning up our supply chains, and starting to order parts, while also waiting for Kickstarter surveys to come in, bank transfers to occur.
Ready and waiting! Hopefully this makes it in time to be an xmas present.

Mikecom32

Chassis Packer
Oct 27, 2020
Ready and waiting! Hopefully this makes it in time to be an xmas present.

I bought the same board for mine! Just a heads up - if you're planning on running a Zen 3 CPU, the BIOS will probably need updated first. This unfortunately requires a CPU that the board does support (e.g. Zen 2), as the X570-I doesn't support BIOS flashing without a compatible CPU. I ended up borrowing a friend's 3700X.

Reactions: WinterCharm

Koxx5D

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 26, 2020
I bought the same board for mine! Just a heads up - if you're planning on running a Zen 3 CPU, the BIOS will probably need updated first. This unfortunately requires a CPU that the board does support (e.g. Zen 2), as the X570-I doesn't support BIOS flashing without a compatible CPU. I ended up borrowing a friend's 3700X.

Is this not working ?

Klasik

Chassis Packer
Jul 13, 2020
Does anyone know how thick Noctua SFMA1 mounting adaptor is? Do you think it would fit with GTS 280 and NF-A12x25?

mxj1

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 13, 2020
Does anyone know how thick Noctua SFMA1 mounting adaptor is? Do you think it would fit with GTS 280 and NF-A12x25?
I'm going to say no, it won't fit. The max fan/rad space is 57 mm. The GTS is ~30, plus the 25 of the fan, and all the pictures I was able to find leads me to think the adapter is somewhere in the neighborhood of 5-7 mm.

I'm going to be using 4x 140 mm chromax fans with two L series rads.

Reactions: ckrueger99

Qzrx

Buried under radiators
Dec 29, 2019
I'm going to say no, it won't fit. The max fan/rad space is 57 mm. The GTS is ~30, plus the 25 of the fan, and all the pictures I was able to find leads me to think the adapter is somewhere in the neighborhood of 5-7 mm.

I'm going to be using 4x 140 mm chromax fans with two L series rads.

There’s a thicker lip around the edge that’s about 5mm thick, but that’s not what the fans sit on—the portion of the adapter the fans sit on is a lower shelf that’s only about ~1.5mm thick, while the entire vertical space of the adapter frame is about 24mm.

For anyone trying to get a visual on how much space there is behind a reference 3090, here’s a PNY 3090 and a D5 NEXT sitting on the upper fan grill while I wait for the HEATKILLER block to show up in a few weeks:

It’s a very rough fit, but it’s looking like even a D5 NEXT (~10-15mm taller than a regular D5) may fit behind a 3090 in both vertical and horizontal orientations which will be great for having more routing options in a loop.

Last edited:

hwytodangerzone

Caliper Novice
Oct 15, 2020
Okay, another stupid question ... I kinda decided over the weekend that I wanted a 2nd one, so I went to kickstarter to try to do the batch 2 reservation but it won't let me? Is there any other way to get another case? Prefer the 2nd run of silver, but don't really care.

Reactions: WinterCharm

WinterCharm

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Jan 19, 2019
Okay, another stupid question ... I kinda decided over the weekend that I wanted a 2nd one, so I went to kickstarter to try to do the batch 2 reservation but it won't let me? Is there any other way to get another case? Prefer the 2nd run of silver, but don't really care.

Batch 2 will be through our website, not the Kickstarter. A batch 2 reservation option was opened during the last couple of days, to help people lock in a discount if they couldn't pay in full at the time, due to the short 2-week run of the KS.

However, Batch 2 will be sold through our website at a future date (probably very soon after the first batch ships), as I want to turn those around and make sure that we can get them to everyone in a reasonable time frame.

efegue

Average Stuffer
Sep 19, 2018

It's 27-28mm with the fan mounted, I'm not exactly sure since I don't have a good ruler.. but it adds 2-3mm, I think I can make it fit with a flat screw head, when I get the case + radiators I can say for sure :D
I have the adapters + fans from an old setup.

Mikecom32

Chassis Packer
Oct 27, 2020
Is this not working ?

I'm assuming he is in Asia based on the channel name and the supply chain is just much faster since he's close. The BIOS on that board from the video isn't even a month old (the "old" BIOS he's running before the flash [2802] was released Oct 23rd) and is a BIOS that supports Zen 3 already. The BIOS didn't need updated.

Without the update the board won't even POST. No video, no POST, nothing. I tried it myself. It's not flash-able with a Zen 3 CPU unless it already supports Zen 3 (2606 and newer) since that board lacks the BIOS flashback capability that works without a CPU.

• Sad
Reactions: Koxx5D