Stalled Winter One -- 15.6L SFF case, 3090 Support, 3-slot GPUs, dual 280mm radiators, CFD Optimized Design

kodek

Caliper Novice
Nov 11, 2020
Sorry if this has been mentioned before; do the Liquid Freezer II AIOs fit in the case? I'm concerned about the way the tubes stick out from the pump.

Liquid Freezer II 240 fits if you change fans to 15mm (e.g. noctua nf-a12x15), 280 version is too long.

WinterCharm

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Jan 19, 2019
Sorry if this has been mentioned before; do the Liquid Freezer II AIOs fit in the case? I'm concerned about the way the tubes stick out from the pump.

I am not sure. I don't think it's been tested. From the Looks of it, you'd have 70mm of CPU clearance, to try and bend the hoses. Not sure if that will be enough. Maybe someone who owns that particular AIO could weigh in.

SFF Watercooled

Master of Cramming
Sep 26, 2020
The Winter One has quite a tall CPU cooler clearance, so I think it should work
Use slim fans too

Mikecom32

Chassis Packer
Oct 27, 2020
Hardline loop finally coming together...This was a process. I needed low profile elbows, but the koolance ones are OOS everywhere. I wound up purchasing a pile of Barrow fixed elbows and a thousand different brands of O-rings

More pictures!

Well this is giving me anxiety about my build, since it's my first custom loop. For some reason this looks a lot tighter than the renders and the PSU looks especially massive.

Could you post a shot or two from the other side where the GPU is?

Post-Newt

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 12, 2020
I do agree, I was saying that not a lot of people have torx screwdrivers...
I mean... we're talking about people, already committed to a $350 case, buying a $3 screwdriver.
Well this is giving me anxiety about my build, since it's my first custom loop. For some reason this looks a lot tighter than the renders and the PSU looks especially massive.

Don't sweat it. I think the reason why their build has tight fits is b/c they chose to put their rads inboard. You'll have more space if you put your fans inboard instead. I'm expecting to be able to do my custom loop with only compression fittings at the inlets/outlets and 2 90s off the gpu. Also recommend using soft tubing (EK ZMT) if you're new to this.

Mikecom32

Chassis Packer
Oct 27, 2020
I mean... we're talking about people, already committed to a $350 case, buying a $3 screwdriver.

Don't sweat it. I think the reason why their build has tight fits is b/c they chose to put their rads inboard. You'll have more space if you put your fans inboard instead. I'm expecting to be able to do my custom loop with only compression fittings at the inlets/outlets and 2 90s off the gpu. Also recommend using soft tubing (EK ZMT) if you're new to this.

Completely agree on the cost of a Torx driver. They're better in every way.

I will probably do my fans inboard to keep it clean from the outside. That's a good point about it providing some extra space. As far as going with soft tubing for my first go - I went EK hardline, and went with Acrylic instead of PETG. Apparently I'm a sucker for punishment.

I put this build together in my current non-SFF case and it came out... okay. My last couple bends are miles ahead of my first few. I'll probably bend the hardline instead of using 90s to keep it clean and will just pick up a bunch more tube to practice with. I was really hoping for a glass side panel nearer to launch to show it off, but maybe solid will be for the better. Build is below:
  • AMD Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Asus Strix X570-I Gaming
  • Nvidia RTX 3080 Founders
  • G.Skill 2x16GB 4000 CL16 RAM
  • Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVMe
  • 2 x HWL 280 GTS Rads in white
  • 4 x Noctua NF-A14 PWM Chromax (black) Fans
  • EKWB FLT 120 D5 Pump/Reservoir combo (hopefully this fits, we don't have dimensions nailed down here)
  • EKWB Quantum Velocity CPU WB
  • Bykski 3080 FE GPU WB
  • EK-HD 10/12 Acrylic tubing
  • EK-HD 10/12 compression fittings in black
  • EKWB Mystic White coolant

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
Given your now making 2 batches, does that mean two tone (like the beta) is possible?

eblvrm

Chassis Packer
Apr 17, 2020
Questions regarding shipping; Can you do some "tax optimization" such as declaring package as ex. "metal frame" with lower value? Considering almost 400usd price tag with shipping, additional 23-25% custom fees will make total almost 500usd. Second question, shipping will be done by national post/EMS or courier ex. DHL/UPS?

Reactions: efegue

gelbetron

Caliper Novice
Sep 18, 2020

I'll be working on the gpu side tonight.

As someone else said, it looks so tight because I put the rads inboard. I only *needed* the super low clearance fittings on the cpu/pump block because of the location of the ports on it. Everywhere else in the loop could be plumbed with normal rotary fittings

Reactions: WinterCharm

mxj1

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 13, 2020
I just went in and adjusted my pledge to purchase every option. I'm going to check one more time before bed, and pledge to another case of necessary.

WinterCharm

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Jan 19, 2019
Given your now making 2 batches, does that mean two tone (like the beta) is possible?

At this time, the two toned case will remain exclusive to the Beta testers, as a special edition. This may change in the future, but with the order volume we have right now, it's not really feasible to add a 3rd color option. doing 2 batches for 2 separate colors, is already a stretch, logistically, for silver cases, but I'm doing it because a large number of backers expressed wanting that option.

For the foreseeable future, Winter One will likely do alternating batches of a single color (Matte Black and Matte Silver) until order volumes increase. Sorry if that's a disappointing thing to hear, but it has to do with scalability.

Questions regarding shipping; Can you do some "tax optimization" such as declaring package as ex. "metal frame" with lower value? Considering almost 400usd price tag with shipping, additional 23-25% custom fees will make total almost 500usd. Second question, shipping will be done by national post/EMS or courier ex. DHL/UPS?

Winter One will be shipped via a courier, and yeah, we'll have a different value that we declare to couriers, etc, so that should help soften the blow of VAT.

Orange-Ghost

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Nov 11, 2020
Will we be able to buy parts of the case at a later date or does it have to be a complete case? That way we could add the black top and bottom panels and get some two tone action ?

WinterCharm

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Jan 19, 2019
Will we be able to buy parts of the case at a later date or does it have to be a complete case? That way we could add the black top and bottom panels and get some two tone action ?

Not directly. Aside from side panel options (perforated, windowed, solid), I do not plan to warehouse or stock parts (aside from a small % for issues / exchanges)... JIT manufacturing is far more efficient from a cost standpoint, but it also comes with tradeoffs like this. If you really want a 2-tone case before orders scale to the point where 2-tone is a possibility, I would suggest grabbing one of each color. :3

But this tradeoff means none of you have to pay for warehouse space, and we don't add to our carbon footprint.

mxj1

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 13, 2020
Would you switch the batch orders to silver first if more people want a silver case than a black?

I can't see why he would. Black is the color that's been promised. The silver was a stretch goal, that he's now figuring out how to make happen... Even though the stretch was never met.

So he's going above and beyond to get people that want silver, a silver case.

It's looking like if you want your case first, 'you can have any color you want, as long as it's black.'

carlover670

Average Stuffer
Oct 22, 2020
I can't see why he would. Black is the color that's been promised. The silver was a stretch goal, that he's now figuring out how to make happen... Even though the stretch was never met.

So he's going above and beyond to get people that want silver, a silver case.

It's looking like if you want your case first, 'you can have any color you want, as long as it's black.'
I know what was promised but if there is an overwhelming demand for silver than there might be a very large supply of unsold black cases. I wondered if they would change course if that happened.