Stalled Winter One -- 15.6L SFF case, 3090 Support, 3-slot GPUs, dual 280mm radiators, CFD Optimized Design

ChorizoNinja

Average Stuffer
Jan 12, 2020
Well, I have order a 1U DDC and reservoir for this case as well as a double reverse 20cm PCI 4.0 riser. It will have a little bit of error margin as it might be a little different.

Now I will just sit and wait for the case.

Last edited:

hwytodangerzone

Caliper Novice
Oct 15, 2020
Quick note: for those of you wondering, we are currently sitting at ~200 case orders (some people have ordered more than one) so don't go by the backer count when trying to evaluate that stretch goal.

There is also a bit of a backup plan if we don't reach 300, to still accommodate silver cases. We'll announce more tonight in an official announcement / backer update :)

Right now, no. I'm currently considering how to do it. The reason for leaving it unsleeved was to make it easier to desolder the keyswitch, in case you want to put a different one in there. Even if we sleeved it, I would want to leave the ends exposed to facilitate this, so I'm not sure if there's as much point to doing so.

Curious to hear everyone's thoughts on that.

It's so easy to pop the pins out and sleeve it real quick that I'd almost rather do it myself and have the time / energy spent elsewhere.

Oh, but pretty please change out the phillips head for torx?

mxj1

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 13, 2020
Oooh, what manifold are you using?
I'm going to use two of these:

One will use the male end into the female on the radiator. The other vertical end will get a ball valve:

The male, radial fitting on the valve threads into the female t fitting on the radiator. The female end of the valve will get the second t fitting make end threaded into it. The vertical female end on the top t fitting will get a standard 14mm fitting for the metal tube.

This leaves two unused, horizontal ports - one in each t fitting. Each of these fittings will get water evacuation fittings:

This will then allow me to close the ball valve and use on external pump (or funnel) to pump coolant in through the bottom port and out through the top port. I will do this until the system is bled of air, and then remove the pump, close the exhaust fittings and open the ball valve - allowing the apogee pump block to do its thing.

So this is a pretty spendy setup of about $100 in fittings, but I've slowly accumulated some of these over time... And the guy that spends$390 on a case, doesn't complain about$100 in fittings! ?

Reactions: hwytodangerzone

SFF Watercooled

Master of Cramming
Sep 26, 2020
It's so easy to pop the pins out and sleeve it real quick that I'd almost rather do it myself and have the time / energy spent elsewhere.

Oh, but pretty please change out the phillips head for torx?
Torx? No, I think phillips head since it's more popular

And apparently, someone thought it would be a good idea to back out of the Kickstarter... And now we're below the goal
Edit: Good news, we're back above

Last edited:

gelbetron

Caliper Novice
Sep 18, 2020

Hardline loop finally coming together...This was a process. I needed low profile elbows, but the koolance ones are OOS everywhere. I wound up purchasing a pile of Barrow fixed elbows and a thousand different brands of O-rings

More pictures!

mxj1

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 13, 2020
Hardline loop finally coming together...This was a process. I needed low profile elbows, but the koolance ones are OOS everywhere. I wound up purchasing a pile of Barrow fixed elbows and a thousand different brands of O-rings

More pictures!

What o rings did you find to work?

I'm going to be doing the same thing with my Apogee... Except I do have a set of black low profile koolance elbows... Just in case?

gelbetron

Caliper Novice
Sep 18, 2020
What o rings did you find to work?

I'm going to be doing the same thing with my Apogee... Except I do have a set of black low profile koolance elbows... Just in case?
One of every set performance pcs had in stock. It wasn't necessarily "which o ring worked?" It involved a ton of trial and error based on the slight variance between the threads of the elbows

hwytodangerzone

Caliper Novice
Oct 15, 2020
Torx? No, I think phillips head since it's more popular

And apparently, someone thought it would be a good idea to back out of the Kickstarter... And now we're below the goal
Edit: Good news, we're back above

Really? I loath phillips. They round out easy, the finish on them always chips off if you apply too much torque, you have to be so careful that you've got the right shaped driver for the screw. I love me some torx screws.

SFF Watercooled

Master of Cramming
Sep 26, 2020
Really? I loath phillips. They round out easy, the finish on them always chips off if you apply too much torque, you have to be so careful that you've got the right shaped driver for the screw. I love me some torx screws.
I do agree, I was saying that not a lot of people have torx screwdrivers...

crackerlegs

Trash Compacter
Sep 19, 2020
Sorry to be annoying but can you also put the size and dimensions in your original post alongside the volume. I feel like this is important for potential buyers up top. <3

Reactions: WinterCharm

WinterCharm

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Jan 19, 2019
I pledged for a case on Kick Starter, can I hold off my order until the clear side-panels are available?

The Clear Side Panels do not have an exact timeline or a price yet. I'm okay with you doing that, but I just want to be really really clear that they will likely arrive mid 2021, and possibly even later. I'm not sure you want to wait so long, especially with a vague deadline, and unknown price. I would suggest getting the case earlier, and when the clear panels are available, ordering them separately. It'll be much easier for us both.

Sorry to be annoying but can you also put the size and dimensions in your original post alongside the volume. I feel like this is important for potential buyers up top. <3

Good suggestion. I'll make the edit! :)

WinterCharm

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Jan 19, 2019
Just 10 Hours to Go!!! ?

Congrats @WinterCharm ! Sadly I had to back out of the dreamer discount due to current finances. Looking forward to more batches being produced in the future.

For those of you who cannot pay for Winter One in full right now, there is now a $50 Option in the Kickstarter that Reserves Your Place In Line for Batch 2

To be clear, backing the case in full right now will still give you the best possible price - Nothing will beat those early bird specials!, but this is a good way for those of you who couldn't do that to still get a bit of a discount. (Codes are one time use only!)

mxj1

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 13, 2020
One of every set performance pcs had in stock. It wasn't necessarily "which o ring worked?" It involved a ton of trial and error based on the slight variance between the threads of the elbows

That's also what I'm thinking. I ordered six of the fixed elbows... Hopefully 2 of them work.

jad_tv

Caliper Novice
Dec 27, 2016
Sorry if this has been mentioned before; do the Liquid Freezer II AIOs fit in the case? I'm concerned about the way the tubes stick out from the pump.