Stalled Winter One -- 15.6L SFF case, 3090 Support, 3-slot GPUs, dual 280mm radiators, CFD Optimized Design

efegue

Average Stuffer
Sep 19, 2018
Wondering if the EK Quantum Flow Indicator could work as a mini reservoir (removing the inside flow indicator), I find it cool that it attaches to the GPU terminal.

EDIT: Been looking a bit more, for the price.. maybe the EK flat reservoir is a better option: https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-quantum-volume-flt-120-d-rgb-plexi
If mount vertically in front of the GPU it might work, but I don't know if with the fittings it'll be too "fat".

What do you guys think?

Last edited:

efegue

Average Stuffer
Sep 19, 2018
i had planned ths one . :) It is practically the same.

Yeah, it's kinda the same for the standalone, but I was looking specifically for the ones that you attach to your EK GPU Block, could be handy so you didn't need to secure the flow meter in the case, but anyway... it's so tiny that it doesn't matter I guess and the flow meter that you attach to the GPU block is quite expensive for what it is.

Koxx5D

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 26, 2020
Yeah, it's kinda the same for the standalone, but I was looking specifically for the ones that you attach to your EK GPU Block, could be handy so you didn't need to secure the flow meter in the case, but anyway... it's so tiny that it doesn't matter I guess and the flow meter that you attach to the GPU block is quite expensive for what it is.

You're right, I forgot to specify that I plan to install an aquanaut. (Flow meter without impeller) But everything can change. It will depend on the size of the graphic card.

efegue

Average Stuffer
Sep 19, 2018
You're right, I forgot to specify that I plan to install an aquanaut. (Flow meter without impeller) But everything can change. It will depend on the size of the graphic card.

Yeah, Ideally I would continue using my current EK VTX pump+reservoir, but I currently have a Strix 1080Ti with an EK Block, so that's a big no. Maybe in the future with those sexy EK blocks for the FE :p

Reactions: Koxx5D

Mikecom32

Chassis Packer
Oct 27, 2020
EDIT: Been looking a bit more, for the price.. maybe the EK flat reservoir is a better option: https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-quantum-volume-flt-120-d-rgb-plexi
If mount vertically in front of the GPU it might work, but I don't know if with the fittings it'll be too "fat".

What do you guys think?

I'm wondering the same thing. EK's D5 cylindrical pump/reservoir combo units all look to be too tall. There's a possibility that replacing the tube with the shortest one they offer could fit by a few mm, but I'm waiting for EK to confirm the actual length of the stock tube on their shortest model. Napkin math says that based on the volume delta with the stock tube, it would be really tight and eliminate the top ports.

@WinterCharm sorry to keep @ing you. Any chance this EK flat reservoir would fit? The dimensions are 120 x 120 x 86 with the included bracket.

I wish there was a stripped down CAD model I could use to try mocking up a few options... ;)

Last edited:

smalltownboi

Caliper Novice
Oct 2, 2020
Not sure if anyone would agree, but I feel like the indented power button is slightly off putting from the aesthetics of the case.
I mean I love the design, but only if the power button could sit flush with the front panel,it would be awesome.
Maybe it's just too late to change now.

Post-Newt

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 12, 2020
Not sure if anyone would agree, but I feel like the indented power button is slightly off putting from the aesthetics of the case.
I mean I love the design, but only if the power button could sit flush with the front panel,it would be awesome.
Maybe it's just too late to change now.
I would rather see the power button on the rear panel. T1 case is a good example. If you aren't going to include the standard front I/O, then may as well keep the whole front blank.