- Jun 18, 2020
I also think offering a PCIE 4 riser option might be something to look into. I wonder if supply for those will improve throughout this year. I have no insight into this on the manufacturing side of course.Thanks for the kind words.
The other thing is the original / intended retail price for Winter One was $379. The only reason it went so high is because metal prices have skyrocketed in the last 6+ months, and we put a priority on delivering in a timely manner, over asking people to wait 6-12 months. I think that was a miscalculation on our part. Price is the main reason the reception has been pretty bad, despite the reasonable coverage we got for it, and no matter the earlier delivery timeline, people are being pushed away by the price.
I'm considering making an announcement to the wider SFF community to delay the delivery to next year, and lower the price to 379 instead. Does anyone have thoughts on this? (Obviously, if you bought B2 on the website, we'll adjust what you paid so your pricing is in line with this).