Will Morpheus II work in M1 with a Radeon VII

iainjchambers

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
Feb 25, 2019
Hi folks, not sure if this is the best place to ask but I've got my ncase M1 on order (SO FRIGGING EXCITED TO BIN THE TT CORE V1!) and I want to put my Radeon VII in it. I know that the GPU fits but the other issue is the noise that thing makes. Does anyone know if the morpheus ii core will fit the GPU with a couple of 15mm fans in the M1? Kind of a two-part question and not entirely about the case, I know. Sorry!

I know the cooler fits the Vega 64 but I've never attempted a proper SFF build and don't want to break a £700 GPU just trying to get it to shut up.

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
Hi folks, not sure if this is the best place to ask but I've got my ncase M1 on order (SO FRIGGING EXCITED TO BIN THE TT CORE V1!) and I want to put my Radeon VII in it. I know that the GPU fits but the other issue is the noise that thing makes. Does anyone know if the morpheus ii core will fit the GPU with a couple of 15mm fans in the M1? Kind of a two-part question and not entirely about the case, I know. Sorry!

I know the cooler fits the Vega 64 but I've never attempted a proper SFF build and don't want to break a £700 GPU just trying to get it to shut up.

I did a quick google search and didn't find anything definitive. But if the mounting holes didn't change then I'm sure it would fit, especially since there is a Vega specific Morpheus II now (slightly increased clearance for the mini heatsinks)

iainjchambers

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
Feb 25, 2019
Thanks smitty, I also had the same issue. Someone has posted on Reddit that they fitted it to the card but weren't clear about whether it was a good fit or a bit of a jury-rig. Maybe I'll just have to suck it and see when the case arrives. I did manage to find someone saying that the cooler fit the case on another card but they could only fit slim fans to it so cooling performance may not be that much better than stock, maybe even worse. Couldn't possibly be as loud though... It'd be an interesting experiment. Just don't want it to cost me £700 and a potential few months waiting for another Radeon VII :/

Other option is a custom loop, another thing I've not attempted before but EK are soon releasing a waterblock for that card so that may be the safer option because I'll be able to get a decent radiator mounted at the bottom of the case to cool the CPU and GPU.

Either way I'll be sure to share my results with you guys.