Which Fans will fit underneath the Motherboard in a DAN A4?

FaKe_VirTual

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Sep 1, 2019
I would like to ask if anyone can tell me which fans will fit underneath the Motherboard, because I don`t know if the noctua NF-A9 will fit.

Thanks for every respond.

Irbaboon

Efficiency Noob
Nov 26, 2019
I installed an A9x14 but didn't notice any thermal improvements on M.2 SDD, MB or CPU (even perhaps a bit worse). I ended up removing it after the fan started rubbing against some unknown surface and clanking. Thermals remained the same afterward, probably because the heat has a very easy way of rising out of the case on its own. Good luck tho!

Erikdayo

Chassis Packer
Sep 10, 2019
Could depend on your setup which you failed to mention. Which GPU cooler type, which CPU cooler, direction of said A9x14, etc.

Personally I haven't compared whether it makes much difference in my setup, but I believe it at least is not hurting. Using a 645LT myself with an EVGA 2070 Super Black. AIO and fan under mobo both set to intake. If I were doing air cooling I'd swap the bottom fans to exhaust most likely.

Irbaboon

Efficiency Noob
Nov 26, 2019
Definitely doesn't hurt, I would've left it, if not for the clanking. Setup is all air-cooled, blower type 1080ti, Noctua HS w/shroud and A9x14 was in intake mode. Thought about flipping it to exhaust but felt that would just mess with the flow of cool air.

motherofass

Caliper Novice
Oct 19, 2019
I have the A9x14 installed but it's a very tight fit and doesn't do much (using it with 3700X + L9a). Not worth the trouble or the cost.

Hellow

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 7, 2019
I've a black ridge fan (15mm) installed. More than a tight fit. At full speed, very noisy, it can decrease the temp by 4°C. I use it most of the time at 35%, it decreases 1°C.

nefrusy

Case Bender
Dec 12, 2019
I have the A9x14 installed but it's a very tight fit and doesn't do much (using it with 3700X + L9a). Not worth the trouble or the cost.

Hey, quick question... I'm probably going to go with a similar build (3700X + L9a), and was debating the necessity of the A9x14. Is yours set to exhaust? I was wondering if that would help force warm air out of the case and pull more fresh air in. My main concern is I don't want the top or side panels to be hot to the touch. But I also plan to keep the entire rig below 220W, so maybe it won't be an issue? Thanks!

Ranker

Average Stuffer
Dec 20, 2018
Definitely doesn't hurt, I would've left it, if not for the clanking. Setup is all air-cooled, blower type 1080ti, Noctua HS w/shroud and A9x14 was in intake mode. Thought about flipping it to exhaust but felt that would just mess with the flow of cool air.

In the Dan and Ghost, thermals improve if bottom fans are set to exhaust. It's counter intuitive but its been confirmed with various testers.