Other What's on Taobao

NocelCrown

Cable Smoosher
Dec 31, 2019
Yeah, when I thought it was "shipped", it just meant they created a label - shipping only picked up the case on the 14th which meant it took 10 days from getting picked up to arriving!

I was thinking of replacing it with a vandal switch! I'll see - I'm unsure if I can find one that won't clash with the space grey aesthetic.

Haha, did not know the feet were used for mechanical keyboard cases - I'm also just getting into that hobby just now too.

I don't have a motherboard right now (waiting for intel 11th gen) but I did some basic measurements and confirmed the interior bottom half of the case is identical in dimension to the Ncase M1 - meaning you'll have the same radiator/GPU clearance. The additional height of the acat x2 is used to hold additional top-mounted fans, that's pretty much it. btw, I'll be air-cooling in a traditional layout so that's the perspective i'm coming from.
Do you mind taking a 360 video of the case? Videos always help me appreciate a case more then pictures do, but you're pictures are great!

fongalv

Caliper Novice
Jan 4, 2021
Alright, this isn't exactly from taobao but the Aigo on taobao only came in white and pink(!). As far as I am aware, the Aigo and Darkflash are identical except for the small print on the front of the case.

Have originally been eyeing a couple of the nicer cases on taobao but chanced upon a local seller running a promo on the black Darkflash and pulled the trigger as it was USD$88 shipped for me. Delivered in 3 days to boot! If I were to use a re-shipper service, I would have easily paid USD$70 for the case and god knows how much in re-shipping that huge carton. And not in black!

Here it is beside my 7yr old nzxt h440(who's x99 mobo died last week) and I'm now on the hunt for a ryzen and migrating the remaining parts.

I'm excited!

Murrian

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jan 27, 2021
What is the highest quality, sub 10L case, which fits a 240 radiator? :)
That's going to be a tough fit, my 240mm radiator and fans is 1.7L already (275 x 120 x 27 mm for the rad with two 120 x 120 x 25mm fans). Unless you're happy to lose the GPU?

On topic: I've just put together an Aigo Yogo S1:
(also known as a DarkFlash DLH21)

Thread here:

Reactions: ssouthall6

KevintheGuo

Caliper Novice
Dec 7, 2020
I just realized that the hole in the back to the right of the power connection is actually a spot for another switch! There's holes to screw in, and they actually include a smaller power button and 2 more switches + standoffs to mount it.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
I just realized that the hole in the back to the right of the power connection is actually a spot for another switch! There's holes to screw in, and they actually include a smaller power button and 2 more switches + standoffs to mount it.
Yes. I think the idea is, you can remove the front power button (to gain additional space for a long display card) and use the rear power button instead.

Have you started building your rig? I look forward to your build log.
What hardwares do you plan to use?

Reactions: KevintheGuo

KevintheGuo

Caliper Novice
Dec 7, 2020
Yes. I think the idea is, you can remove the front power button (to gain additional space for a long display card) and use the rear power button instead.

Have you started building your rig? I look forward to your build log.
What hardwares do you plan to use?
Haha I don't have most of my parts. Mostly waiting for GPU and Intel 11th gen, ideally going for a 3070 and 11700. I'm building mostly for a video/photo editing rig (that'll also be able to game haha) so more of a focus on RAM/storage capability as well.

I'll be honest, I'm also heavily considering selling the Acat X2 and switching to this case instead - I've been reconsidering my desk setup and may lean more towards silver vs space grey - and the seamless design is incredible! It's almost twice as expensive though... It's currently in preorder/production and they plan to ship in March (which I'd have to wait until anyways). And even though it's sold on Taobao, the seller is active on these forums!

fongalv

Caliper Novice
Jan 4, 2021
Haha I don't have most of my parts. Mostly waiting for GPU and Intel 11th gen, ideally going for a 3070 and 11700. I'm building mostly for a video/photo editing rig (that'll also be able to game haha) so more of a focus on RAM/storage capability as well.

I'll be honest, I'm also heavily considering selling the Acat X2 and switching to this case instead - I've been reconsidering my desk setup and may lean more towards silver vs space grey - and the seamless design is incredible! It's almost twice as expensive though... It's currently in preorder/production and they plan to ship in March (which I'd have to wait until anyways). And even though it's sold on Taobao, the seller is active on these forums!
I'm not sure if this case is currently purchasable though, especially since its got 0 reviews on taobao? Conceptually, the layout seems similar to the darkflash/Aigo some of us shared a few posts up with the exception of the bottom fan, some RGB(that I didn't really want), and of course no WC/AIO support in the smaller casing.

Price wise its also almost 5x more expensive, likely because the darkflash/aigo is made of steel and the other sports an aluminum unibody.

Volume wise, the casing in your link is smaller(14L vs 17L), but I would also watch the top I/O as there does not seem to be adequate height for cables to turn 90deg to exit from the back?

I'm only commenting on this because I too am eagerly awaiting for parts(the shortage is global), and while I already have the case on hand, I'm currently trying to "mod" it to have a 140mm exhaust at the top and so have been looking at the space at the top of the case in more detail.

Reactions: dealda and tinyitx

KevintheGuo

Caliper Novice
Dec 7, 2020
I'm not sure if this case is currently purchasable though, especially since its got 0 reviews on taobao? Conceptually, the layout seems similar to the darkflash/Aigo some of us shared a few posts up with the exception of the bottom fan, some RGB(that I didn't really want), and of course no WC/AIO support in the smaller casing.

Price wise its also almost 5x more expensive, likely because the darkflash/aigo is made of steel and the other sports an aluminum unibody.

Volume wise, the casing in your link is smaller(14L vs 17L), but I would also watch the top I/O as there does not seem to be adequate height for cables to turn 90deg to exit from the back?

I'm only commenting on this because I too am eagerly awaiting for parts(the shortage is global), and while I already have the case on hand, I'm currently trying to "mod" it to have a 140mm exhaust at the top and so have been looking at the space at the top of the case in more detail.
Yeah, it doesn't seem purchasable right now but it is in production and the seller already has a finished prototype. The price is pretty crazy but I'm in love with the smooth unibody seamless design, and I can't think of any other case that's managed to pull off something this minimal. The top I/O does have limitations but I'm pretty confident that can be solved with some 90-degree cables.

Overall my priority is aesthetics/build quality - as long as it it doesn't compromise with my desired build. This newer case (the In 0?) definitely has a limited cooling potential compared to the Acat but it's still compatible with my plans. I'm just mulling it over right now haha.. I love the acat X2 so much but this new case is just so minimal and smooooooth.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Aesthetics is so much a personal thing. This InDesign Studio's new case is not really my cup of tea, with 3 solid sides and only rear vented panel. There is really nothing to look at...lol I much prefer vented panel over solid wall. Technically, I worry about the cooling (PSU, and a non-blower display card). Also, one really needs to do careful planning of using 90-degree adapters/cables at the top as each port might be to the left/right of another port or on top of/below of. Just need to think ahead.

The product page says the external casing/shell needs more work in the factory. All other parts are completed. Factory will restart after 19th Feb (ie after CNY). This is a very early reopening of a factory. Usually factories will only begin to re-open in March. Anyway, seller says first batch is only 20-25 units. Units will be sent out beginning 10th March. Tentative price is CNY 2399. Prices will be finalized according to the final cost as well as amount of 'small defects' of the cases.

So, if you want one, better pre-order now as 20-25 are not that many, I suppose.

fongalv

Caliper Novice
Jan 4, 2021
Yeah, it doesn't seem purchasable right now but it is in production and the seller already has a finished prototype. The price is pretty crazy but I'm in love with the smooth unibody seamless design, and I can't think of any other case that's managed to pull off something this minimal. The top I/O does have limitations but I'm pretty confident that can be solved with some 90-degree cables.

Overall my priority is aesthetics/build quality - as long as it it doesn't compromise with my desired build. This newer case (the In 0?) definitely has a limited cooling potential compared to the Acat but it's still compatible with my plans. I'm just mulling it over right now haha.. I love the acat X2 so much but this new case is just so minimal and smooooooth.
Yea, just wanted to highlight what I observed. Unibody is surely nice and solid. I remember seeing the a couple of "slid in" cases and they can generally be slightly painful to assemble after all components and are fitted inside, one of them being the thorzone mjolinr case.

Inspection photos of Six Pigeons LGK2S

This seems nice and compact! I'm beginning to believe I have a thing for vertical itx cases. If not for larger gpus that most of us would want, I would have likely gone for a smaller and more compact case like this.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
This seems nice and compact! I'm beginning to believe I have a thing for vertical itx cases. If not for larger gpus that most of us would want, I would have likely gone for a smaller and more compact case like this.
I think the solution of having a longer display card in a vertical case is to position the card vertically as in Mesh-licious (instead of having a shorter card in a horizontal position, ie as in LGK2S).
Hopefully, more vertical layout cases will come out.

Reactions: Vir

NocelCrown

Cable Smoosher
Dec 31, 2019

If you think about selling your case I'd me more then happy to purchase lol, I'm going to get two cases anyway, one for me, one for my fiance.

fongalv

Caliper Novice
Jan 4, 2021
I think the solution of having a longer display card in a vertical case is to position the card vertically as in Mesh-licious (instead of having a shorter card in a horizontal position, ie as in LGK2S).
Hopefully, more vertical layout cases will come out.
Yea, thats why I ended up with the darkflash even though I'm reusing my old gtx970. Was initially eyeing the NZXT H1 but having lived with the H440 for the last few years, I'm a little paranoid with the restricted fans/airflow.

I have the case sitting on my desk now(instead of under), and it can sit behind the monitor so its kinda discrete even though I expected it to be a little shorter.

And for what its worth, I managed to get a new case+SF psu+280 AIO for 10% less than the H1 so I'm still happy going down this route.