Other What's on Taobao

digispa

Cable Smoosher
Mar 5, 2017
Zen zone C1 just caught my eye. Seems to me like original take on the vertical layout. Along with the cheese grater knockoff design. It supports mATX boards, ATX PSU, 4-slot GPU, 240 rad. Although at 22l it's not so sff. But it looks somehow fresh. What do you think?

I came across this too not too long ago and think it looks really good. The layout is interesting, as most vertical orientation cases go for the cables to exit out the top. Not quite sff, in terms of volume, but the foot print is close enough to get by.

I'm thinking of buying a B6, but this is making me reconsider.

Qu1ckset

Cable-Tie Ninja
Feb 9, 2020
For those of you that have used superbuy , was shipping your item from there warehouse to home reasonable ?

Last edited:

Skripka

Cat-Dog Perch Manager
May 18, 2020
For those of you that have used superbuy , was shipping you item from there warehouse to home reasonable ?

It entirely depends on what service you pay AKA speed/carrier, and what you call 'reasonable'. See my build log linked below, Post Two, where I go into the details.

Reactions: Qu1ckset

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Anyone know of a Taobao case with the cables (motherboard I/O, power, video, etc) coming out at the bottom?
ZZAW's C1

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Anyone know of a Taobao case with the cables (motherboard I/O, power, video, etc) coming out at the bottom?

Not (yet) on TaoBao but everything at the bottom:

Last edited:

fongalv

Caliper Novice
Jan 4, 2021
Just out of curiosity, why would you want all cables(and heat) to face the bottom of the case/surface of the table?

I actually just ordered a darkflash DLH21(Aigo/Yogo S1) which is the total opposite of what you are looking for, ie. all mobo & VGA cables exiting from the top. I personally prefer this for more efficient exhaust of hot air from the top, and also makes accessing the I/O slightly less of a pain compared to the bottom?

Reactions: khanate

REVOCCASES

Shrink Ray Wielder
REVOCCASES
Silver Supporter
Apr 2, 2020
www.revoccases.com
Just out of curiosity, why would you want all cables(and heat) to face the bottom of the case/surface of the table?

I actually just ordered a darkflash DLH21(Aigo/Yogo S1) which is the total opposite of what you are looking for, ie. all mobo & VGA cables exiting from the top. I personally prefer this for more efficient exhaust of hot air from the top, and also makes accessing the I/O slightly less of a pain compared to the bottom?

Except you use a blower style GPU it makes sense to put the I/O at the bottom so you won't have anything interfering with the exhaust of hot air at the top. I like the DLH21 design but if they would have flipped the I/O to the bottom they could have used a larger exhaust fan on top which I guess would have been overall better thermal-wise (IMHO).

Concerning accessibility I agree the top I/O is more convenient but there are also workarounds for bottom facing I/Os.

Depends on personal priorities I guess.

Reactions: fongalv and tinyitx

fongalv

Caliper Novice
Jan 4, 2021
Except you use a blower style GPU it makes sense to put the I/O at the bottom so you won't have anything interfering with the exhaust of hot air at the top. I like the DLH21 design but if they would have flipped the I/O to the bottom they could have used a larger exhaust fan on top which I guess would have been overall better thermal-wise (IMHO).

Concerning accessibility I agree the top I/O is more convenient but there are also workarounds for bottom facing I/Os.

Depends on personal priorities I guess.

Ah, good point on the type of GPUs(I just googled it up haha!). I'm still getting myself familiar with the latest GPU tech(will be using my good ol 970gtx until the current 30x0 are more easily available). In fact, I kinda bought this case on a whim as my current mobo suddenly died last week. Since I was planning to replace with an ITX mobo really soon, and chanced upon a local seller who had stock of the DLH21(it was considerably cheaper than getting any of the other taobao cases that I have been eyeing for a while), but I thought I will use this as practice for my first SFF build until something smaller/better comes along.

For now, this case ticked all the right boxes for me, ie. smaller footprint, top/front I/O, dust filters, no need for any fancy risers, space for AIO(I'm gona try to see if my current 280mm can fit in it!).

I seem to remember seeing a review where they fitted a larger fan above the I/O compartment at the top, can't seem to find it now but I should be getting the actual case in a couple of days to see for myself.

Reactions: REVOCCASES

KevintheGuo

Caliper Novice
Dec 7, 2020
I've just got my space grey Acat X2 - it looks amazing, the difference in anodization color between front and side panels is nowhere near as severe as I anticipated. If anybody has any requests, I can help with that - in the meantime I'll be taking pictures and will post a small review soon!

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
I took a bunch of pictures as well as writing my initial thoughts and posted them here:
What is the height of the supplied feet?
Edit:- sorry, I found in pic 7 about the supplied power plug cables. So, one is just an extension cable for you to connect a regular PSU cable while the other one is China-type plug cable (Type I ?)

Shipping cost is a little big for you but, thankfully, I reside in China and so I can save some money here...lol

Last edited:
Reactions: KevintheGuo

KevintheGuo

Caliper Novice
Dec 7, 2020

Here's an image of the two power cables I received. The one on the left is a Type I China/AU plug, while the one on the right is a PSU power socket, so any standard PSU plug would work.

I did ask for a US plug, and they said they'd include one - but I'm not sure if they forgot the US plug and this is standard or if this is their solution for international plugs. It'd be safest to just ask.

Height of the supplied feet is 12mm

Last edited:

Firebear

Trash Compacter
Oct 17, 2019
I've just got my space grey Acat X2 - it looks amazing, the difference in anodization color between front and side panels is nowhere near as severe as I anticipated. If anybody has any requests, I can help with that - in the meantime I'll be taking pictures and will post a small review soon!
That was quite fast. Only around 2-3 weeks was it?? Mine should ship today to superbuy finally jeez. Will inspect on the plug but i'm okay with the "extender" cable. Could you do me a favour and measure how much space there is from the interior bottom to the first pci slot? :D for radiator clearance. My barrow cpu block took over 2 months to arrive to Germany (still not at my doorstep yet) but other things before were quicker (also 2-3 weeks) - I hope the case won't take as long to arrive.

Concerning the power button feeling cheap, you could always just replace it with a vandal switch.

Btw, the feet used are also used for mechanical keyboard cases :D

Last edited:
Reactions: KevintheGuo

KevintheGuo

Caliper Novice
Dec 7, 2020
That was quite fast. Only around 2-3 weeks was it?? Mine should ship today to superbuy finally jeez. Will inspect on the plug but i'm okay with the "extender" cable. Could you do me a favour and measure how much space there is from the interior bottom to the first pci slot? :D for radiator clearance. My barrow cpu block took over 2 months to arrive to Germany (still not at my doorstep yet) but other things before were quicker (also 2-3 weeks) - I hope the case won't take as long to arrive.

Concerning the power button feeling cheap, you could always just replace it with a vandal switch.

Btw, the feet used are also used for mechanical keyboard cases :D
Yeah, when I thought it was "shipped", it just meant they created a label - shipping only picked up the case on the 14th which meant it took 10 days from getting picked up to arriving!

I was thinking of replacing it with a vandal switch! I'll see - I'm unsure if I can find one that won't clash with the space grey aesthetic.

Haha, did not know the feet were used for mechanical keyboard cases - I'm also just getting into that hobby just now too.

I don't have a motherboard right now (waiting for intel 11th gen) but I did some basic measurements and confirmed the interior bottom half of the case is identical in dimension to the Ncase M1 - meaning you'll have the same radiator/GPU clearance. The additional height of the acat x2 is used to hold additional top-mounted fans, that's pretty much it. btw, I'll be air-cooling in a traditional layout so that's the perspective i'm coming from.