Other What's on Taobao

hereforthefeast

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 25, 2019
It is super easy. On Taobao app,after landing on page of item you want, click on bubble like icon at bottom. Only caveat is, you have to use Chinese language - Google Translate is enough for it.
Thanks, but my problem is that the app is all in Chinese and I can't even navigate the basic menus, for example when I clicked the chat bubble icon I got this screen (probably to login or create an account? I can't read it lol)

vyral_143

Caliper Novice
May 18, 2020
Thanks, but my problem is that the app is all in Chinese and I can't even navigate the basic menus, for example when I clicked the chat bubble icon I got this screen (probably to login or create an account? I can't read it lol)

Yes, it is asking to signing up / logging in.

Google Translate is very helpful in this. Take screenshot of this page and just use Google Translate.

Even I am not Chinese speaker/reader!

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
I have seen there are (free) softwares/apps that actually translate everything inside an app for you (ie not just a web page translator), including menus and buttons...etc

If your question is general enough, I might be able to help you.
Post your question and the Taobao link here and I will see what I can do.

Reactions: hereforthefeast

dche

Chassis Packer
Sep 9, 2019
Do you guys find Taobao actually reliable? I've got mainland Chinese colleagues who don't trust Taobao cause of all the fakes and scams and Taobao is well-known among all the fakes and scam sites in China. Just interesting to hear mainland Chinese distrust Taobao but Americans diving right in. Has the reputation and quality changed?

Z33

Chassis Packer
May 31, 2020
@tinyitx I have ordered this one. Mine is about to ship after wait of nearly 40 days. I am in their QQ group. It appears seller has small workshop where he prepares them - hence longer wait times. But he seems a genuine person.

That Yuan 500 version is now 600 and called Youth version. Standard version is Yuan 900. About quality, he mentions that, Youth version uses same CNC process and material as standard version. But surface treatment is different between these two versions. It also appears that he has improved upon some of shortcomings of earlier version of clone.

Similarly, I had checked a lots of Ghost clones on Taobao. Summary from my end;
Formula clone - expensive but probably best clone. It even goes to improve upon some shortcomings of original Ghost S1
Kevcases standard version - near replica of Ghost S1 except may be magnets ?
one which @hereforthefeast bought - nice balance on quality and price
Kevcases youth version - probably most VFM variant going by few available reviews and discussion in their QQ group.
Aklla - I would personally avoid these. Build quality is okay-ish and design deviates a lot from original Ghost S1
Acat X1 - actual product pictures are very pleasing for what it costs but delivery estimation is 29th October - it does not seem practical to wait that long.
Wdean Dora D1S - not very sure about quality but steep pricing of about USD 212 and lead time of 3+ months is putting off.

thanks for sharing your summary. Very helpful. I’m starting to look at réplicas given the lack of clarity of timing of the original releases and the fact that some of the clones improve upon the original cases.

I’m curious to the formula model. Would you have happen to have a link?
I saw the kevcases but there seems to be an additional hat to order? (L/M/S)

TIA

Z33

Chassis Packer
May 31, 2020
I am composing a build log. I will include more pictures. But this will take some time.

If you wish to have picture of any particular part/section, do let me know. I will be happy to snap and upload it here.

would be great to see your blog and more pictures please!

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Do you guys find Taobao actually reliable? I've got mainland Chinese colleagues who don't trust Taobao cause of all the fakes and scams and Taobao is well-known among all the fakes and scam sites in China. Just interesting to hear mainland Chinese distrust Taobao but Americans diving right in. Has the reputation and quality changed?
Taobao has fakes just like ebay has. Regarding computer products alone, I and my friends have bought brand name display cards, CPU coolers, computer cases, monitors...etc and have not yet came across a fake one in all these years (7+). But, of course, one should exercise the usual caution (checking reliability and reports from other users/buyers...etc), just like buying from any online store.
Do not be greedy. Use common sense. Just do not be naive enough to buy a US$ 200 Rolex...lol

Z33

Chassis Packer
May 31, 2020

Hey guys,

I currently have this case in my cart on superbuy. I really want it, but I haven't been able to find anyone who actually has a case from this company. Has anyone ever seen/used a WDEAN DORA case? Is it actually going to arrive?

The layout is so cool... tophat allows for a 120mm AIO so you can liquid cool the GPU, 65mm CPU clearance, SFX PSUs, 6.8 liters in a neat form factor... it's awesome. I just want to make sure it's a reputable company and I'll get what I paid for.

hi there, did you receive and build this case? Does it come with a riser?
Looks good like an x box series x. Thanks

vyral_143

Caliper Novice
May 18, 2020
Do you guys find Taobao actually reliable?

Yes, my strategy is as follows;

irst look at seller ratings and shortlist which have all three ratings 4.8+

Next, item which are looking at; should have good enough number of sales and reviews. Reviews with pictures are even better.

At last, ask seller question from that bubble icon if you have any.

Z33

Chassis Packer
May 31, 2020
I found this. Seems like a complete kit with cabling and top hat module. Vendor seems like a modding
fu植内容€vr2j1xQ9xtn€咑幵?τao寶?或掂击炼接https://m.tb.cn/h.VqTnThD?sm=15c639 至瀏lan嘂..【HZMOD Formula x1 模块化 mini风冷240 水冷A4 ITX机箱 Ghost s1】

hereforthefeast

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 25, 2019
I have seen there are (free) softwares/apps that actually translate everything inside an app for you (ie not just a web page translator), including menus and buttons...etc

If your question is general enough, I might be able to help you.
Post your question and the Taobao link here and I will see what I can do.
Ah, I wasn't sure how reliable some of those apps were. I know google translate is pretty good when you can copy/paste the text directly but I haven't tried using the image recognition based stuff.

The question I would like to ask is for this case - https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=616960638688

Can the psu mounting holes be flipped like pictured? Thanks

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Ah, I wasn't sure how reliable some of those apps were. I know google translate is pretty good when you can copy/paste the text directly but I haven't tried using the image recognition based stuff.

The question I would like to ask is for this case - https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=616960638688

Can the psu mounting holes be flipped like pictured? Thanks

OK, let me make sure I fully understand you.
You wish to know if he can sell you the case with a custom made back panel. Right?

vyral_143

Caliper Novice
May 18, 2020
@vyral_143 Are they custom length PSU cables?
I have the same motherboard and power supply as you, what lengths are the cables?

Yes, custom power cables with silver plated wires. They are from Sanshuimod on Taobao (I suspect that this is same seller as DreamBigRay from ETSY as I had seen one guy from Reddit ordering from DreamBigRay on ETSY and his cables were in bag labelled as Sanshuimod). Overall this costed me about 125 Yuans.

About lengths;
24 pin - 14cm (I think if this would have been bit longer, would be more comfy, also try to get one where cable itself is curving - like pslate)
8 pin - 23cm
6+2 pin GPU - 22cm
sata power - 20cm
I got sata data cable separately with 15 cm length - from different seller.

hereforthefeast

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 25, 2019
Asked him already and he said custom making such a panel is not an available option at this moment.

I also asked him if it is possible if extra money is paid. The answer is still a 'no'. How unfortunate. I bet he does not want to fiddle with the CNC computer file.
Thank you for asking. You are right it doesn't make sense to change the cnc file after production.

Radec

Efficiency Noob
Jul 7, 2019
Hi,

For this case, which one is the GPU dimensions? I need to check if my Strix Vega64 will fit :|