Other What's on Taobao

Marvelm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 20, 2017
M99S
roughly 13.6L

M99
9.7L without 240 rad compatibility

Thanks, I'm aware of those, they are not quite what I would like though :p thanks anyway

hereforthefeast

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 25, 2019
I noticed the message on Superbuy about the delays due to the Corona Virus outbreak, Have you been impacted or contacted about it?
I haven't ordered just yet, holding off for now.
That ghost clone was already scheduled to ship out mid-February since before the outbreak so I'm not sure what impact there will be to shipping times.

Reactions: Hugh2711

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
M99S
roughly 13.6L

M99
9.7L without 240 rad compatibility

I really like the m99s (I own ytc's m69 and I knew of the m99 but didn't realize they had a 240aio version) I think it's a quite unique layout. It's not the smallest matx 240mm aio case(mechanic master c26 is 12.9L vs the m99s 13.6L and it supports sfx/l) but the m99s does have a slightly smaller footprint.

(I know there are smaller cases that can technically support non standard size matx and 240mm aio)

But the sandwich approach is interesting.

@Marvelm you can ask custom mod if they'd be willing to make one. (It might take a few months to end up getting it, but that's the nature of custom mod) even though they don't technically offer it on their site, a user on that thread was able to order one. :)

OnionFromOrion

Chassis Packer
Nov 23, 2019

For those of you that really want to pay $620 USD for a terrible CPU and motherboard. Although you do get to say you owned a Chinese x86 CPU before it was cool.

MrClippy

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 16, 2018
I really like the m99s (I own ytc's m69 and I knew of the m99 but didn't realize they had a 240aio version) I think it's a quite unique layout. It's not the smallest matx 240mm aio case(mechanic master c26 is 12.9L vs the m99s 13.6L and it supports sfx/l) but the m99s does have a slightly smaller footprint.

(I know there are smaller cases that can technically support non standard size matx and 240mm aio)

But the sandwich approach is interesting.

@Marvelm you can ask custom mod if they'd be willing to make one. (It might take a few months to end up getting it, but that's the nature of custom mod) even though they don't technically offer it on their site, a user on that thread was able to order one. :)

I was one of said user :D

Still have it.

hlgr

Chassis Packer
Mar 16, 2017
Sgpc has something like what you're asking for. The k29 I believe it's called. Similar to a longer (so it fits 1u psu, 180mm GPU, itx Mobo), but not as deep s4 mini(it only supports 180mm GPU vs the s4 mini's ~215mm)

Edit: AliExpress link: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000268988140.html

Pretty short CPU clearence. (less than 30mm, so l9i/a wouldn't even fit)
Thanks! Maybe will have to hotrod that one a little ;)

Marvelm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 20, 2017
Guys,

I contacted Custom MOD about the TX1 case. He is willing to make it but said that they use a new modeling method and he can't use the old files so he would have to model the case from ground up which comes at a cost of labour, obviously. He said he would be willing to model the case free of charge if he had 5 people who would like to order the case. So I'd like to know if maybe there are people who would like to order the case. The price he told me came out to around 200$ with riser cable and shipping to Poland included (I assume all Europe should be similarly priced).

If anyone is interested, let me know :)

Marvelm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 20, 2017
@Marvelm since the tx1 is the 18l version I unfortunately won't be interested, but if it was the tx2 (12l) I'd be interested.

Are you sure? I would be okay with TX2 but it kind of sucks that it limits the GPU by a lot only allowing reference height GPUs, length I guess could be increased to 280mm no problem, but only 115mm in height basically only limits you to reference GPUs. But considering he would have to model it from ground up I guess we can talk about increasing some dimensions a little bit to fit slightly bigger GPUs (for example 2+ slots).

BorG

Caliper Novice
Feb 6, 2019
www.radiocity.si
Just a side note. Taobao can be a mixed experience. Superbuy is a great way to circumvent that, to a degree. I had good experience ordering Lz-a4 itx mini T31, it is such a well machined case. But ordering Formula 2 or Loli2s case was a complete nightmare. Took more than 6 months to finaly give up on that. Seller was telling the Superbuy agent month after month that the case is in production and at the end just told him that it will never be made. All while the item is still on sale on Taobao. Pffft.

Salulu

Efficiency Noob
New User
Dec 13, 2019
If anyones in the same boat as me and looking for a decent MATX case I found this a while ago https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z0d.6639537.1997196601.37.71e07484KBlTKZ&id=602050349082

Supports SFX and a 3.5" HDD/120mm AIO in about an 11.3L form factor for $30.
Don't think theres anything smaller for MATX than this that doesn't make compromises in PSU and HDD sizes.
Only compromise is the CPU clearance, but it fits something like an AXP90 so I don't think there's much problem there.

Reactions: raidensub

ChrisMCP

Trash Compacter
Jun 16, 2018
Anyone has seen any takes on the Dune Pro case but in itx?

Can't belive there are no clones but in smaller size

OnionFromOrion

Chassis Packer
Nov 23, 2019
3D models of the warhead design alphs for those interested. Inverted tower style layout, ATX PSU support, 12.2L. Ordered one myself. Expected to ship during March.
Taobao link:

Reactions: khanate

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Anyone has seen any takes on the Dune Pro case but in itx?

Can't belive there are no clones but in smaller size

Check out the B2 by zzaw.

And, of course, the 'classic' G5 Plus by metalfish.

Not sure if these are considered 'clone' enough though, not definitely in the same spirit.

Reactions: ChrisMCP