Other What's on Taobao

Hugh2711

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jan 6, 2020
I ordered one with a top hat, will post once it arrives. Won’t ship till February though.

As long as you didn’t order anything custom you should be able to return for a refund, minus shipping and fees.

Which Ghost clone did you order out of curiosity? Think I'm going to do the same thing. Also Superbuy are on holidays currently, did you order before that cut off date?

hereforthefeast

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 25, 2019
Which Ghost clone did you order out of curiosity? Think I'm going to do the same thing. Also Superbuy are on holidays currently, did you order before that cut off date?
Yes, I ordered before the superbuy cut off but it was more of a "pre-order" so it's not ready to get sent to the warehouse yet

Reactions: Hugh2711

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
I finish my order and got it shipped before the spring festival (not a case just a couple of fans) and they are stuck, Because postal services are even shut down in China for now. Hope they move again soon! :/

shensmobile

Cable Smoosher
Oct 9, 2019
Well, I've dabbled with my share of Sandwich style cases and I think I'd like to give classic a try again. What're some of the top classic-layout cases on Taobao these days? I've got my eyes on the Deng F12 (F15 Pro is too large). I'm looking to stick close to the NCase in size. Any other well-built, well designed cases that I could be looking at?

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
If you want glass like the deng f12:

• Metalfish s5(12.5L)
  • mechanic master c26(13L),
  • captain s. V3(14.8L)
  • sktc Q2(16.5L)

there are others, these just support 3 slot gpu,

hlgr

Chassis Packer
Mar 16, 2017
Hey there, has anyone come across a Console style case that is similar in size to the K39? So short graphics card, 1U PSU? About 4L?

Hugh2711

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jan 6, 2020
Yes, I ordered before the superbuy cut off but it was more of a "pre-order" so it's not ready to get sent to the warehouse yet

Dammit think i'll be ordering this also then - looks excellent.

Have you ordered the top hat also?

shensmobile

Cable Smoosher
Oct 9, 2019
If you want glass like the deng f12:

• Metalfish s5(12.5L)
  • mechanic master c26(13L),
  • captain s. V3(14.8L)
  • sktc Q2(16.5L)

there are others, these just support 3 slot gpu,

The C24/C26 are definitely unique cases. The Captain S V3 is up there as well, but I think the Deng F12 has this extra edge of polish. It would be nice if it had a 3rd slot though! I guess with the classic layout, you can't get too wacky.

Sunmilo C01 (12.2L) and C01s (10.6L) should also be considered. C01 is wider with 160mm cooler tolerance while C01s has 135mm CPU clearance.

The layouts are good, but I'm not a fan of the aesthetic of the cases :( Sorry if I'm being choosy, I just want to make sure I'm getting the best of the best.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
The layouts are good, but I'm not a fan of the aesthetic of the cases :( Sorry if I'm being choosy, I just want to make sure I'm getting the best of the best.
No problem. The C01 was my second choice for my current ongoing build. Guess what my first choice is?
A Deng F15 (16.2L). I prefer it over the F12 as it takes 3-slot display card and can fit dual 140mm fans on the bottom. It has only 150mm CPU cooler clearance and so I cannot fit in a NH-U12S, so I settle for a Thermalright SA130. (F15 is not available anymore and is replaced by the F15 Pro.) You can follow my build log. And, please make a log of your F12 build as well.

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
No problem. The C01 was my second choice for my current ongoing build. Guess what my first choice is?
A Deng F15 (16.2L). I prefer it over the F12 as it takes 3-slot display card and can fit dual 140mm fans on the bottom. It has only 150mm CPU cooler clearance and so I cannot fit in a NH-U12S, so I settle for a Thermalright SA130. (F15 is not available anymore and is replaced by the F15 Pro.) You can follow my build log. And, please make a log of your F12 build as well.
It's such a shame they decided to discontinue the f15 (non-pro). :(

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
Hey there, has anyone come across a Console style case that is similar in size to the K39? So short graphics card, 1U PSU? About 4L?
Sgpc has something like what you're asking for. The k29 I believe it's called. Similar to a longer (so it fits 1u psu, 180mm GPU, itx Mobo), but not as deep s4 mini(it only supports 180mm GPU vs the s4 mini's ~215mm)

Edit: AliExpress link: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000268988140.html

Pretty short CPU clearence. (less than 30mm, so l9i/a wouldn't even fit)

shensmobile

Cable Smoosher
Oct 9, 2019
I definitely agree. When I initially started looking at classic style cases again, I saw the build log for the F15 and thought "oh yeah, this is the one" but then only found the F15 Pro available for purchase, which is WAY too large.

I'm actually getting more comfortable with the F12 size. At one point, 3 slot GPU was a minimum requirement, but I think that I'm coming to grips with building around 2 slot GPUs. It really is only EVGA that made 3 slot cards this generation anyway, and it was definitely an oddity. The F12 can still take up to a 2.7 slot GPU as well, so not the end of the world :)

I'm currently in the Cube X1 and it's a great case, but I'm getting a little tired of AIO tubing.

Marvelm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 20, 2017
Any of you guys maybe spotted a case similar to the TX1/TX2 from Custom MOD?

This is currently my favourite layout, mATX at roughly 12L and ATX at around 18L with 240mm AiO and full size gpu, unfortunately he doesn't really make these anymore.

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
@Marvelm The xolid 13 and knar are the closest I've seen on here. (Only itx, but the concept of vertical gpu in front of a vertical PSU).

Sunmilo had one similar a while back. Sunmilo BG3.

Marvelm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 20, 2017
@Marvelm The xolid 13 and knar are the closest I've seen on here. (Only itx, but the concept of vertical gpu in front of a vertical PSU).

Sunmilo had one similar a while back. Sunmilo BG3.

I'm familiar with the xolid13, what is the knar? Xolid is cool, but still I prefer the Custom MOD cases with mATX/ATX support, over the years and many ITX builds I really noticed I find myself missing the choices that the bigger boards offer more often. Would still like to keep the volume as low as possible obviously hence my interest in those cases. The xolid is cool though, definitely one of my recent favourites.

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
I'm familiar with the xolid13, what is the knar? Xolid is cool, but still I prefer the Custom MOD cases with mATX/ATX support, over the years and many ITX builds I really noticed I find myself missing the choices that the bigger boards offer more often. Would still like to keep the volume as low as possible obviously hence my interest in those cases. The xolid is cool though, definitely one of my recent favourites.
Behold: Knarr

Similar to the xolid, but smaller and single chamber with a sick looking wood aesthetic. @Shatrod is the designer. :) I really like the idea/concept of the aesthetic layout these cases offer.

MrClippy

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 16, 2018
Any of you guys maybe spotted a case similar to the TX1/TX2 from Custom MOD?

This is currently my favourite layout, mATX at roughly 12L and ATX at around 18L with 240mm AiO and full size gpu, unfortunately he doesn't really make these anymore.
M99S
roughly 13.6L

M99
9.7L without 240 rad compatibility