Other What's on Taobao

arka

Cable Smoosher
Oct 7, 2019
Does anyone know how to contact Taobao sellers outside of China? I have couple of cases (BS2 and the Deng F15) I am interested in but need to ask the sellers a few questions. I've been seraching for ages but haven't found anything other than getting a chinese phone number and making my own account

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
Does anyone know how to contact Taobao sellers outside of China? I have couple of cases (BS2 and the Deng F15) I am interested in but need to ask the sellers a few questions. I've been seraching for ages but haven't found anything other than getting a chinese phone number and making my own account
I made an account with a US phone number. But still don't know how to contact people because my Google translate seems to work only 1/2 the time....

NinoPecorino

Tweezer Squeezer
Platinum Supporter
Nov 24, 2017
I made an account with a US phone number. But still don't know how to contact people because my Google translate seems to work only 1/2 the time....
taobao expects you to have an aliwangwang account to talk to sellers. most of the sellers have very minimal english. you can use trademanager app to translate to english or use a taobao agent service like superbuy or taobaoage. i just use superbuy and there's definitely a delay compared to directly messaging the seller with aliwangwang, but it eliminates having to try to translate back and forth. that said, there are dozens of guides out there on how to talk to sellers as an english speaker.

hamis96

Minimal Tinkerer
Oct 22, 2019
awesome community right, lots of helpful information, i have seen some of you interested on in stuff about chinese suppliers and perhaps need help talking to them, my chinese is fairly okay since i have been here for about 4 years, so i thought i can give back to the community to help inquire anything or help you search for good taobao links. Am not a broker and dont benefit anything from this other than keep the communitty going and get information out there for those who need it just like i got here as am making my metal fish s3 build. anyway anyone who has an inquiry can reply here and i will get you the info as soon as i can.

arka

Cable Smoosher
Oct 7, 2019
awesome community right, lots of helpful information, i have seen some of you interested on in stuff about chinese suppliers and perhaps need help talking to them, my chinese is fairly okay since i have been here for about 4 years, so i thought i can give back to the community to help inquire anything or help you search for good taobao links. Am not a broker and dont benefit anything from this other than keep the communitty going and get information out there for those who need it just like i got here as am making my metal fish s3 build. anyway anyone who has an inquiry can reply here and i will get you the info as soon as i can.

If you could help that would be amazing! All I need is an email or whatever way they prefer speaking with customers for the manufacturer of this case https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a21wu.12321156-tw.0.0.bb51162bTrObTR&id=584734584994 I believe they speak English already but I have no way of contacting them in the first place.

Edit: I finally managed to contact the seller.

Last edited:

hamis96

Minimal Tinkerer
Oct 22, 2019

hamis96

Minimal Tinkerer
Oct 22, 2019
do you already have the taobao links?, you could post the links and i can help you ask for the info you need

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
Does anyone know, does the deng 15 support dual 240mm aio (one on aluminum side pannel and one on the bottom with slim fans and 2 slot gpu)

And, any idea how much it would cost to get shipped to US?

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Does anyone know, does the deng 15 support dual 240mm aio (one on aluminum side pannel and one on the bottom with slim fans and 2 slot gpu)

And, any idea how much it would cost to get shipped to US?
The one on the side aluminum panel is for sure. Regarding fitting one on the bottom, if you can give me some exact dimensions like fan+rad thickness (preferably with a diagram for my easy understanding), then I can measure it for you with my F15.

Another thing is that someone says the next batch of F15 will have an increase in both width and height (from the current 183mm W and 267mm H). I do not see any mentioning of this on the product page though. This might possibly give more space for a thicker fan+rad combo?

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
The one on the side aluminum panel is for sure. Regarding fitting one on the bottom, if you can give me some exact dimensions like fan+rad thickness (preferably with a diagram for my easy understanding), then I can measure it for you with my F15.

Another thing is that someone says the next batch of F15 will have an increase in both width and height (from the current 183mm W and 267mm H). I do not see any mentioning of this on the product page though. This might possibly give more space for a thicker fan+rad combo?
It would be for a 27mm thick rad(icekimo 240vga) with exact dimensions of 274×120×27mm and nf a12x15 fans.

Total height of 32-33 mm

Would the side accommodate a 280mm rad also? (Maybe thinking of going with a Arctic liquid freezer II with dimensions of 317 mm x 138 mm x 38 mm... Otherwise just the 240mm @ 277 mm x 120 mm x 38 mm)

Last edited:

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
It would be for a 27mm thick rad(icekimo 240vga) with exact dimensions of 274×120×27mm and nf a12x15 fans.

Total height of 32-33 mm

Would the side accommodate a 280mm rad also? (Maybe thinking of going with a Arctic liquid freezer II with dimensions of 317 mm x 138 mm x 38 mm... Otherwise just the 240mm @ 277 mm x 120 mm x 38 mm)

The distance from the centre line of the PCIe slot of a standard ITX mainboard to the bottom of the case is 77mm.
You can work it out for yourself.

Or, you can check my back-of-the-envelope calculation:-
a. Standard dual slot GPU is 2x20.3=~41 mm thick
b. Total height of rad+fan = 32-33mm
c. Combined = 73-74mm
So, there is 3-4mm clearance between the card and the rad+fan combo. (Potential turbulence noise??)
You really need to confirm the exact width of your GPU (especially those with backplate). 'Dual slot' is just too vague.

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
The distance from the centre line of the PCIe slot of a standard ITX mainboard to the bottom of the case is 77mm.
You can work it out for yourself.

Or, you can check my back-of-the-envelope calculation:-
a. Standard dual slot GPU is 2x20.3=~41 mm thick
b. Total height of rad+fan = 32-33mm
c. Combined = 73-74mm
So, there is 3-4mm clearance between the card and the rad+fan combo. (Potential turbulence noise??)
You really need to confirm the exact width of your GPU (especially those with backplate). 'Dual slot' is just too vague.
Technically my GPU is 37mm thick (gigabyte GTX 1080ti gaming PC), but because id be changing the cooler to the icekimo 240vga the thickness might change. All I know, is that the icekimo 240vga does not expand pass 2 slots. I have it now, but have not installed it on my card, thus not knowing how thick it will be.

Do you know if the side supports 280mm rad? (Specifically the one in my previous comment)

szym

What's an ITX?
Oct 22, 2019
Yihao L01S - small (advertised 7l) non-sandwich layout:

More photos:

Reactions: Sam and dealda

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
2 things popped up on eBay recommended items for me. From a "new" seller (no reviews on the eBay seller page, 25 stars and user since 2001.... so BE CAREFUL IF YOU HAPPEN TO DECIDE EITHER OF THESE ARE WORTH BUYING!)

Pretty large case (~25l but some decent customizable options according to their listing) interesting and worth keeping an eye on the seller Incase they come up with something different/new... And if they happen to not be a scam account. :)

This next one is pretty cool, (but a little expensive for my taste given the simplicity of the frame and it's only an upgrade/mod kit), it's an upgrade to the hydra mini(an open air frame resembling the motif monument). I like the Hydra mini price (it was about 80ish on Newegg for a while... Not sure if its still on there since last time I checked it was sold out, and it used to be stocked and shipped from the US so shipping was quite reasonable at the time), BUT the biggest issue I had with that case is how they place the GPU I/o on the opposite side of the motherboard io. (This is silly since I think they would either have to use a really weird pcie riser cable, or twist a normal pcie riser cable 180°). HOWEVER, this kit would fix that making it more like a motif monument layout with an aio holder on the back side (similar to the AliExpress motif monument "clone"... Not really a clone but very similar.)

It's a great idea and would cost around 80+60 so about 150usd which is cheaper than the AliExpress motif monument, and cheaper than the original motif monument. That being said it looks like to get a hydra mini into the US shipping is going to cost ~40USD bringing the whole case + this adapter to ~190ish, which in my opinion is NOT worth it. The AliExpress model would be better suited for this price ... Which even that case I don't feel is worth it ,(just my opinion and everyone is free to judge it accordingly). However if someone has a hydra mini already, this might be worth looking into. :)

Last edited:

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Do you know if the side supports 280mm rad? (Specifically the one in my previous comment)
My F15 is the air cooling version, thus lacking the aluminum side panel + the fan/rad mounting bracket. So, I cannot actually measure it for you.
But, as you can judge from the pics, it does not seem a 280mm rad will fit. I am just eyeballing it and so I could be wrong.

BTW, F15 does not seem available anymore (according to some threads) and it is replaced by the so-called F15 Pro.
Deng F15 is 267mm H x 183mm W x 332mm L (16.2L).
Deng F15 Pro is 300mm H x 197mm W x 330mm L (19.5L).
Both the F15 and F15 Pro can fit two 14025 fans at the bottom. I suspect you can fit a 'thin' 280 down there and then the icekimo 240vga can go to the side panel of the watercooling version.

An F15 Pro build thread:-

arka

Cable Smoosher
Oct 7, 2019

When asking the seller about buying the Deng F12 they provided an update log on the F15