Other What's on Taobao

dealda

Trash Compacter
Oct 20, 2018
Hi,
I am considering getting the M99 Matx as my new Pc case.

Can somebody here verify/translate if I need to buy a pci-e riser, since the parts google could translate were not clear on that.

Aside from that does any one here has this case?

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Hi,
I am considering getting the M99 Matx as my new Pc case.
Can somebody here verify/translate if I need to buy a pci-e riser, since the parts google could translate were not clear on that.
Aside from that does any one here has this case?
I went through the product description, my understanding is:-
a. the PCI-e cable is not included. This is not specially stated anywhere but I deduce it. Up there where the 'colour description' is, you can see the various ordering options. Two of which are the options to order a long (25cm) PCI-e cable and a short (18cm) one. So, it looks like you are supposed to order one of them, depending on which PCI-e slot that you will use on your MATX mobo.
b. the top panel USB/sound I/O (35cm long cable) is not included as well and you need to order separately. Click the pic and it will take you to the product page.
c. the most basic order is the case itself. Then, there are various combos where you can order 'used' PSU (various wattage) with one of the 2 types of power cables.

There are some buyer feedbacks which could be useful as I see some describe the experience to the point.

Reactions: dealda

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
Anyone here know of a very low profile right angle PSU cable? (Preferably under 13mm)

I know ncase's m1 has one that's 13.5mm but can't find one, but I remember seeing a couple cases with slimmer options on here I believe, just don't remember when. Slimmest one I could find(with help of reddit), is the one here: IEC320 C14 to C13 Extension cord . I recently mounted my psu higher on my Nouvolo steck, and now it just hits the top pannel, but I need the clearence for the rad/fan I added underneath it. Even if it a simple extension, I could potentially mod it to make it work(like too long, or wrong connector on the other end... Etc)

Edit: found the pics I was talking about. @decayed.cell shows pics of 2 in 2 different comments taking about the Captain S.V2. and the happy box L A4-SFX

Last edited:
Reactions: xSDMx

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Anyone here know of a very low profile right angle PSU cable? (Preferably under 13mm)

I know ncase's m1 has one that's 13.5mm but can't find one, but I remember seeing a couple cases with slimmer options on here I believe, just don't remember when. Slimmest one I could find(with help of reddit), is the one here: IEC320 C14 to C13 Extension cord . I recently mounted my psu higher on my Nouvolo steck, and now it just hits the top pannel, but I need the clearence for the rad/fan I added underneath it. Even if it a simple extension, I could potentially mod it to make it work(like too long, or wrong connector on the other end... Etc)

Edit: found the pics I was talking about. @decayed.cell shows pics of 2 in 2 different comments taking about the Captain S.V2. and the happy box L A4-SFX
See if this is what you are after.

Check this one out too.

Last edited:

chyll2

Master of Cramming
Jun 27, 2018
IS there a dual USB front IO replacement in taobao as well? I remember seeing really thin wires used for the front USB 3.0 headers.

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
IS there a dual USB front IO replacement in taobao as well? I remember seeing really thin wires used for the front USB 3.0 headers.
Funny thing, I came here to ask the exact same thing, I'm looking for an internal USB 3.0 cable like the one seen in the ZS-A4 v2 posted by @renecop545 above. Anyone know if/where those are available, or what to search for to find them?

thorcik

Chassis Packer
Jun 26, 2019
I've got a question regarding this case. In the table with specs it lists 2 USB ports and 2 audio jacks. When I look at the photos (even those in feedback) there are different options - no IO ports, 2 USB ports on top of the case, 2 USB and audio jacks on front. Is there any information about it? I can't see it, even scrolling through the description with Google Translate on my mobile.
Thanks.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
I've got a question regarding this case. In the table with specs it lists 2 USB ports and 2 audio jacks. When I look at the photos (even those in feedback) there are different options - no IO ports, 2 USB ports on top of the case, 2 USB and audio jacks on front. Is there any information about it? I can't see it, even scrolling through the description with Google Translate on my mobile.
Thanks.
I cannot say with 100% certainty but I can tell you what often happens:-
A case seller designed a case and listed its spec in the product page. Then, after a batch or two, he changed the design but did not go back to update the product details. Instead, he just added a new pic or two. Some sellers would add a disclaimer clause saying that the details are subject to have minor changes without notice and ask a buyer to contact him for final spec before ordering.

So, I think the case, which you are interested in, comes with 2 USB 3.0 ports on the top panel (like what is shown on most pics of the product) + no audio ports + the front panel does not have any port. This might be the current configuration as well because the latest pics are of September 2019. And it is only mid Oct now.
I suspect, the '2 USB ports + 2 audio ports on front panel' is a much earlier design.
If I am not mistaken, all the pics in the buyer feedbacks show this current configuration.

Since often a case would have minor 'improvements' or 'changes' without notice, it is best to contact the seller for confirmation if the location and the types of available I/O ports are crucial to you.

Reactions: thorcik

Firebear

Trash Compacter
Oct 17, 2019
The first batch of the new ZS-A4 v2 has been finished, here's what they look like:

Looks great! From what I have read, is that the build quality from V1 was just okay or if you would say in chinese 马马虎虎 :p
I hope there are reviews soon, because I want my next build in that case. The Sunmilo T3 is too big for my taste, like any other SFX AIO managable case.
Furthermore I hope one can still customize the case if you provide cad files :)

Hello everyone btw. I was lurking around this thread quite a while but thought I will register now.
Thank you everyone for contributing to this thread as it helps a lot!

jxfong2

Caliper Novice
Mar 7, 2019
Mostly new updates including design, part and price change will be shared internally via Tencent QQ, that is the main purpose seller in Taobao share their QQ group in seller page. Just create an account and join with some kind of translation app will do.

Reactions: Firebear

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
Mini A4 ITX Aluminium Alloy Frame PC Test Bench Diy Case Support SFX Graphics Card for 60mm Cooling Fan With USB2.0 USB3.0

Saw this on aliexpress for 147 free shipping to US. It seems like a decent deal? Perhaps it fits by a different name on taobao? Any idea if its a good case?

Marvelm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 20, 2017
Mini A4 ITX Aluminium Alloy Frame PC Test Bench Diy Case Support SFX Graphics Card for 60mm Cooling Fan With USB2.0 USB3.0

Saw this on aliexpress for 147 free shipping to US. It seems like a decent deal? Perhaps it fits by a different name on taobao? Any idea if its a good case?

By looking at the pictures the quality seems not top notch, but also not bad. 150$ is not a lot less than the cost of the better cases from Taobao (Sunmilo etc.) so it's up to you.

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
By looking at the pictures the quality seems not top notch, but also not bad. 150$ is not a lot less than the cost of the better cases from Taobao (Sunmilo etc.) so it's up to you.
But those cases require additional shipping charges to US I believe. (Generally through 3rd party like superby etc.)

Marvelm

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 20, 2017
But those cases require additional shipping charges to US I believe. (Generally through 3rd party like superby etc.)

I mean yeah, I already calculated it, they usually cost around 200-220$ with shipping to US included in the price, a little bit more, sure, but then again you get the higher quality, so it's up to you in the end.

princess_daphie

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 26, 2019

watch out their free shipping option seems to be DHL standard, which is almost garanteed to cost you a kidney upon delivery, unless you do the cross-border paperwork yourself (even then you have some fees and import taxes usually). EMS shipping is not free on this one.

Reactions: aggressivehog