Other What's on Taobao

shensmobile

Cable Smoosher
Oct 9, 2019
Can someone recommend me a case on Taobao that supports a 3 slot GPU and 240 AIO cooling, and if possible, a handle (or at least a top panel sturdy enough for me to add a 3D printed handle)? I know this is basically an SM580 but I'm not a fan of Sliger's side panel ventilation hole shape, and I don't need the space for fans at the bottom that just add to the height. I also have family visiting China and are offering to bring some stuff back with them, so I figured this is a good chance to grab something unique and interesting!

MrClippy

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 16, 2018
Can someone recommend me a case on Taobao that supports a 3 slot GPU and 240 AIO cooling, and if possible, a handle (or at least a top panel sturdy enough for me to add a 3D printed handle)? I know this is basically an SM580 but I'm not a fan of Sliger's side panel ventilation hole shape, and I don't need the space for fans at the bottom that just add to the height. I also have family visiting China and are offering to bring some stuff back with them, so I figured this is a good chance to grab something unique and interesting!

We really should pin @renecop545 's list somehow so all can see.

Making a round up of all cases that look interesting to me here so that I don't have to constantly browse this thread over and over XD:

[Sandwich Layout - 240mm AIO]

High End:
Sunmilo T03
BS2
Cube x1
K02
Midrange:
SGPC K99
Warhead Micro
Critical cp-two
SKTC S02
Jonsbo A4
Seven SL-A4
所及 A4
Lesser Known:
UC-A4S
UC-跨越V1
HGL A4
RDX1024

[Sandwich Layout]

Top/Bottom Case Fans:
ZS-A4
LZ-A4
Cube x1m
Seven FL-A4
Geeklab Frontier-S
Warhead Watercooled Happy Box L
Coolfish G5 Plus
Nova1024
No Extra Fans:
K01
Formula x1 (Ghost S1 clone)
SGPC K55
Flex PSU:
ZS-A4S
Geeklab Founder's ITX

[Sandwich Layout - ITX GPU]
To be updated...

Reactions: renecop545

jxfong2

Caliper Novice
Mar 7, 2019
C26 https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?sp...YjXep&id=590377328719&ns=1&abbucket=10#detail
3 slot gpu + slim fans at bottom, 240 radiator on side, and a free handle

shensmobile

Cable Smoosher
Oct 9, 2019
C26 https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?sp...YjXep&id=590377328719&ns=1&abbucket=10#detail
3 slot gpu + slim fans at bottom, 240 radiator on side, and a free handle
Not bad at all! A little on the larger side because of mATX but that is definitely a candidate.

I went back a few pages in this thread and I'm surprised I don't see anything with the Warhead Sans layout, just a little higher quality. I have the Cube X1 on order and every other sandwich case looks very similar to it, except with sharper corners :) It's too bad there isn't one that just pushes for the full three slots.

pseudobacon

Average Stuffer
Jan 9, 2018
Not bad at all! A little on the larger side because of mATX but that is definitely a candidate.

I went back a few pages in this thread and I'm surprised I don't see anything with the Warhead Sans layout, just a little higher quality. I have the Cube X1 on order and every other sandwich case looks very similar to it, except with sharper corners :) It's too bad there isn't one that just pushes for the full three slots.
Warhead Sans Type B has an option for three slots with a 50mm limit on the CPU heatsink. I have a spreadsheet with a whole lot of these cases, probably should put it up on Google Sheets.

NCase M1 should fit, depending on the cooler height.

Streacom DA2 might even fit too, if you can get away with removing the bottom internal panel

shensmobile

Cable Smoosher
Oct 9, 2019
NCase M1 is a classic, But I’m looking to get something exotic since I have the opportunity to bring something home from China without fees/duties.

I looked at the Warhead for a long time but I came to the conclusion that it’s build quality was going to disappoint me over time. There’s a few less than stellar reviews of the case on Reddit.

I'm really surprised at the lack of triple slot cases. I guess going big is sort of the antithesis of ITX though. I’m probably just going to end up with an SM580 I have a feeling...

pseudobacon

Average Stuffer
Jan 9, 2018
NCase M1 is a classic, But I’m looking to get something exotic since I have the opportunity to bring something home from China without fees/duties.

I looked at the Warhead for a long time but I came to the conclusion that it’s build quality was going to disappoint me over time. There’s a few less than stellar reviews of the case on Reddit.

I'm really surprised at the lack of triple slot cases. I guess going big is sort of the antithesis of ITX though. I’m probably just going to end up with an SM580 I have a feeling...
I've got one and agree the build quality is not good haha.

CP-two does 2.5 slots. Do you have a graphics card that has a triple slot I/O plate or does it merely go above 2 slots in thickness

shensmobile

Cable Smoosher
Oct 9, 2019
I've got one and agree the build quality is not good haha.

CP-two does 2.5 slots. Do you have a graphics card that has a triple slot I/O plate or does it merely go above 2 slots in thickness

I have the Cube X1 awaiting me at my parents place in China, which can support up to 2.7 slot (I believe, it supports 55mm wide) GPU. I just wanted to be prepared for a future where full 3 slot thick (either GPU thickness or using 3 actual IO plates, hot damn) GPUs are the only way to get the VR performance I want :)

I also wanted to see how dense of a package that these crazy case designers are able to get to. The SideArmD T1/Warhead Sans is probably as dense as it'll get though while supporting an AIO. Was just hoping to grab something unique from Taobao if I could.

pseudobacon

Average Stuffer
Jan 9, 2018
I have the Cube X1 awaiting me at my parents place in China, which can support up to 2.7 slot (I believe, it supports 55mm wide) GPU. I just wanted to be prepared for a future where full 3 slot thick (either GPU thickness or using 3 actual IO plates, hot damn) GPUs are the only way to get the VR performance I want :)

I also wanted to see how dense of a package that these crazy case designers are able to get to. The SideArmD T1/Warhead Sans is probably as dense as it'll get though while supporting an AIO. Was just hoping to grab something unique from Taobao if I could.
I think you'll be fine with the Cube X1. 54.5mm is indeed 2.7 slots wide. I'm also not convinced that there will be many triple slot (with I/O plate) GPUs going forward. Over time power consumption should go down as we move to newer lithography processes.

As far as I know we've only seen a handful of air cooled cards with that configuration and needed it in the past e.g:
  • PowerColor Devil 13 Dual Core R9 290X (290W TDP)
  • ASUS GTX 580 DirectCU II (244W TDP)
  • ASUS GTX 570 DirectCU II (219W TDP)
The Radeon VII had a TDP of 295W and they managed to make a two slot cooler work. For VR or anything in the high end they'll continue to make variants in the normal 2 slot dimension.

If you want something unique maybe have a look at Warhead Dual Cool which just came out for pre-order. Supports 60mm wide graphics and two 240 radiators in 12L

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
...I'm also not convinced that there will be many triple slot (with I/O plate) GPUs going forward. Over time power consumption should go down as we move to newer lithography processes.
I am not as optimistic as you.
In the past 10-15 years or so, newer lithography processes did not really bring down the power consumption.
Top-of-the-line cards like 7800GTX was the last generation having single slot design. Then, 8800GTX/Ultra became double slot. Since then, it has never been single slot again. Now, it is moving from 2.0 slot to 2.x slot. And unless an innovative cooling design comes out, it will not be long that 3.0 slot cards will appear more often.

Reactions: chyll2

pseudobacon

Average Stuffer
Jan 9, 2018
I am not as optimistic as you.
In the past 10-15 years or so, newer lithography processes did not really bring down the power consumption.
Top-of-the-line cards like 7800GTX was the last generation having single slot design. Then, 8800GTX/Ultra became double slot. Since then, it has never been single slot again. Now, it is moving from 2.0 slot to 2.x slot. And unless an innovative cooling design comes out, it will not be long that 3.0 slot cards will appear more often.
The 7800GTX had a TDP of 86W. The 8800GTX was 155W. The 8800GTX is somewhere between 3-4 times for less than twice the TDP. That is a huge improvement. Put it a different way, for 160W TDP the RTX 2060 is something like 17 times the performance of the 8800GTX.

The number of slots doesn't have to be tied to the performance of the card, just the amount of heat that needs to be dissipated. We'll continue to get more powerful cards for the same or less TDP, and if current solutions with two slots are sufficient for high end cards then surely that trend will continue. And that's not factoring in improvements in cooling technology (remember the IceQ coolers on HIS graphics cards?).

3.0 slot cards are compatible with less builds, it doesn't seem to make sense in my opinion to make less compatible products. 2.75 cards and cards that take up almost 3 slots, but don't require 3 slot I/O plates make sense to me, since you can still install other cards in the slot below the graphics card with a small gap for airflow.

Reactions: NateDawg72

shensmobile

Cable Smoosher
Oct 9, 2019
The 7800GTX had a TDP of 86W. The 8800GTX was 155W. The 8800GTX is somewhere between 3-4 times for less than twice the TDP. That is a huge improvement. Put it a different way, for 160W TDP the RTX 2060 is something like 17 times the performance of the 8800GTX.

The number of slots doesn't have to be tied to the performance of the card, just the amount of heat that needs to be dissipated. We'll continue to get more powerful cards for the same or less TDP, and if current solutions with two slots are sufficient for high end cards then surely that trend will continue. And that's not factoring in improvements in cooling technology (remember the IceQ coolers on HIS graphics cards?).

3.0 slot cards are compatible with less builds, it doesn't seem to make sense in my opinion to make less compatible products. 2.75 cards and cards that take up almost 3 slots, but don't require 3 slot I/O plates make sense to me, since you can still install other cards in the slot below the graphics card with a small gap for airflow.
Going to smaller node will give you either better efficiency or more density. For the high-end, there's no reason not to go with more performance and deal with cooling with larger and larger coolers, as we've seen for the past decade.

But even more importantly on top of that, I just think it would be absolutely hilarious to shove a giant 3 slot cooler into an ITX case that's just big enough for the GPU and a 240mm AIO.

Sham123

What's an ITX?
Oct 12, 2019
I just got my hand on the Formula Loli2s case. The one I got is a new design which can support CPU cooler up to ~48mm. I have to wait more than 2 months to get delivered to my door but it's worth. The quality is very good and quiet weighty for aluminium case. Every components fit well and plus I have some head room for CPU cooler. I have the 36mm Jonsbo, it's good but it can't keep up with my ambient temp and r5 3600 (idle around 50C). So I order the cryorig c7u, I hope it will get a lot cooler by then.

Can you please send me the taobao link?
This case is so good looking!

renecop545

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 2, 2018
The prototyping of the ZS-A4S v2 is almost nearing completion as well, expected release date is somewhere in November. CPU cooler compatilibility has been increased to 48mm, and there is now room for 4 x 2.5" drives:

Also, shameless plug for my roundup list:

Making a round up of all cases that look interesting to me here so that I don't have to constantly browse this thread over and over XD:

[Sandwich Layout - 240mm AIO]

High End:
Sunmilo T03
BS2
Cube x1
K02
Midrange:
SGPC K99
Warhead Micro
Critical cp-two
SKTC S02
Jonsbo A4
Seven SL-A4
所及 A4
Lesser Known:
UC-A4S
UC-跨越V1
HGL A4
RDX1024

[Sandwich Layout]

Top/Bottom Case Fans:
ZS-A4
LZ-A4
Cube x1m
Seven FL-A4
Geeklab Frontier-S
Warhead Watercooled Happy Box L
Coolfish G5 Plus
Nova1024
No Extra Fans:
K01
Formula x1 (Ghost S1 clone)
SGPC K55
Flex PSU:
ZS-A4S
Geeklab Founder's ITX

[Sandwich Layout - ITX GPU]
To be updated...

Last edited:

kyralfie

Efficiency Noob
Oct 14, 2019
The prototyping of the ZS-A4S v2 is almost nearing completion as well, expected release date is somewhere in November. CPU cooler compatilibility has been increased to 48mm, and there is now room for 4 x 2.5" drives:

Amazing! So excited. Trying to order it now from taobao but always getting error 404 on opening the cart...

deeree

Trash Compacter
Bronze Supporter
Mar 4, 2017
Just found this seller offering beautiful vertical double AIO case:

Also very interesting single AIO case in sandwitch configuration (optional radiator on the side instead of the GPU):

And finally they have trashcan style itx case with very clean design (incl. GPU with IO extension):

He has some other interesting stuff, like Jonsbo/Cooltek UMX1 modded for 240+120 AIO support, or weird duck-themed computer peripherals set.

Last edited: