Other What's on Taobao

MrClippy

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 16, 2018
Hi, could someone point me to a sandwich style case that can fit an Accelero III (it makes the graphic card about 55mm thick) as well as an AIO for CPU cooling? Aluminum construction preferably.

cp-two 240 has both AIO support and 2.5 slot up to 59 mm in GPU thickness. CPU cooler height is 53mm.

kago

Efficiency Noob
Oct 4, 2019

cp-two 240 has both AIO support and 2.5 slot up to 59 mm in GPU thickness. CPU cooler height is 53mm.
Thank you, that case is interesting. I have a few questions based on Google Translate:

1. Looks like the default side panels are acrylic with no cutouts, and if I want vented aluminum panels then they will be 60 CNY extra for each?
2. PCI-e extension cable is not included?
3. This note about power supply: Power: SFX power supply 125mm*100mm*63.5mm (PS: If the water is cold, use a single fan or ultra-thin fan for a small amount of magic to install sfx-l power) Does it mean I need slim fans in order to install both SFX PSU and AIO cooler?

MrClippy

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 16, 2018
Thank you, that case is interesting. I have a few questions based on Google Translate:

1. Looks like the default side panels are acrylic with no cutouts, and if I want vented aluminum panels then they will be 60 CNY extra for each?
2. PCI-e extension cable is not included?
3. This note about power supply: Power: SFX power supply 125mm*100mm*63.5mm (PS: If the water is cold, use a single fan or ultra-thin fan for a small amount of magic to install sfx-l power) Does it mean I need slim fans in order to install both SFX PSU and AIO cooler?

1. That's what it seems, but I'm not mandarin speaker. @tinyitx can confirm.
2. PCI-e not included, sometimes you can get it from the same seller as they sell it separately (not in this case), or find another seller for cheap.
3. Slim fan is requried if you are using the long SFX PSU. Normal SFX allows only single fan, and not a push-pull configuration.

Reactions: kago

pseudobacon

Average Stuffer
Jan 9, 2018
Hmm your opinion on it is worrying considering I ended up ordering one lol. Would you be willing to send me pictures of the PSU situation?
Yeah once I get home. The cable runs under the case, so even if you had the correct orientation you might not like having the PSU cable run underneath from the front to the rear of the case.

If you want to save money and not have this issue you could get the nova1024 or k55. You really do get what you pay for though. I think a lot of people think that China is some magical place where you can get good quality stuff for very little money, but from my experience theres still levels of price and quality, and the cheapest stuff is usually not good quality at all.

kago

Efficiency Noob
Oct 4, 2019

I found another case which I really like. It has over 500 buyer reviews so it seems pretty popular, but I can't find any mention on this forum. Thoughts?

Specs:
32.7 x 20.5 x 13cm = 8.7 liter
CNC aluminum
Supports 240mm AIO liquid cooler and 32cm long 3-slot GFX, yay Accelero
(2-slot GFX config allows for 60mm CPU cooler height, but with 3-slot config max height is only 50mm)​
Up to 2x2.5 inch + 1x3.5 inch drive mount points. 1x USB 3

At 499 CNY I think it's not much more expensive than the cp-two 240 considering the breathable side panels.
PCI-e riser cable is not included, but link to purchase was helpfully included in the product description.
A 90 degree power cord/adapter might be necessary due to the orientation of the PSU. Such cord can be found on Taobao as well.

Last edited:

N4nier

Minimal Tinkerer
Sep 23, 2019

I found another case which I really like. It has over 500 buyer reviews so it seems pretty popular, but I can't find any mention on this forum. Thoughts?

Specs:
CNC aluminum
(2-slot GFX config allows for 60mm CPU cooler height, but with 3-slot config max height is only 50mm)​

At 499 CNY I think it's not much more expensive than the cp-two 240 considering the breathable side panels.
PCI-e riser cable is not included, but link to purchase was helpfully included in the product description.
A 90 degree power cord/adapter might be necessary due to the orientation of the PSU. Such cord can be found on Taobao as well.

LOL you didn't look very hard then. The post just above you is literally in response to me inquiring about that case the Warhead Happy box L

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016

Specs:
CNC aluminum

It should be the warhead case.

Actually if i recall correctly, the warhead guy is active in this forum.

Reactions: renecop545

kago

Efficiency Noob
Oct 4, 2019
Oops, rookie mistake right there. Sorry about that, I will just go back to read your previous exchange then.

Reactions: N4nier

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
1. That's what it seems, but I'm not mandarin speaker. @tinyitx can confirm.
Sorry that I cannot confirm as the Description in the product page is not loading for me (or perhaps the description is taken down by the seller). But I scanned through the buyer's feedbacks and it does seem the default is acrylic panels with no cutout. Someone did say about ordering custom aluminum panels but I see no cost mentioned.

pseudobacon

Average Stuffer
Jan 9, 2018
A new case popped up on Chiphell recently. Captain S.V2. Taobao link here.

Overall dimensions 318x140x251 = 11.1L

Maximum CPU heatsink height: 62mm

Supports 240mm watercooling, maximum radiator size 282x120x30mm

Made from 6061-T6 aluminium

Fit and finish looks very good. All venting holes are chamfered. Options for transparent glass, opaque glass, and metal panels available.

pseudobacon

Average Stuffer
Jan 9, 2018
Hmm your opinion on it is worrying considering I ended up ordering one lol. Would you be willing to send me pictures of the PSU situation?
The included cable plugged into my SF600:

You'll notice that the cable doesn't even sit flush because of the width of the rubber foot.

As a result the cable sticks out this way which is just really odd:

Those grills on the side are also very sharp and need sanding down at least. Also because of no chamfering I'm getting turbulence from a 60mm height cooler.

All the black coloured panels are very thin and flimsy, and theres only one screw holding in the PCIe x16 extension cable.

Overall, yes, its cheap but I'd be inclined to go to the next model up in price, which according to my research is the Seven FL-A4

raksan

Trash Compacter
May 3, 2017
I just got my hand on the Formula Loli2s case. The one I got is a new design which can support CPU cooler up to ~48mm. I have to wait more than 2 months to get delivered to my door but it's worth. The quality is very good and quiet weighty for aluminium case. Every components fit well and plus I have some head room for CPU cooler. I have the 36mm Jonsbo, it's good but it can't keep up with my ambient temp and r5 3600 (idle around 50C). So I order the cryorig c7u, I hope it will get a lot cooler by then.

Last edited:

kago

Efficiency Noob
Oct 4, 2019
The included cable plugged into my SF600:

You'll notice that the cable doesn't even sit flush because of the width of the rubber foot.

As a result the cable sticks out this way which is just really odd:

Those grills on the side are also very sharp and need sanding down at least. Also because of no chamfering I'm getting turbulence from a 60mm height cooler.

All the black coloured panels are very thin and flimsy, and theres only one screw holding in the PCIe x16 extension cable.

Overall, yes, its cheap but I'd be inclined to go to the next model up in price, which according to my research is the Seven FL-A4
Thank you for the pictures! I ended up ordering the silver colored, 3 slot variant of the Sans case so that was some much needed sneak-peaks.

So there is a PSU cable (or is it an extension adapter?) included. I was thinking about taking the Geeek A50's PSU cable extension but it might be too thick to fit underneath so that's a relief. I would have needed at least 12mm of height between the bottom side of the case and the tabletop for said cable extension.

As for fit and finish, the edges seem kinda rough indeed. They seem to be lining up properly at least. I'm not too worried about turbulence because I will be using an AIO cooler for the CPU, and the Accelero III fans should have a good 5-6mm of clearance from the side panel.

Ukee

Efficiency Noob
New User
May 22, 2019
Hey there!

Anyone know of any case that can easily fit a 320mm card? This one to be specific.
Looking to spend around 700 RMB / 100 USD to be exact.

Last edited:

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Hey there!

Anyone know of any case that can easily fit a 320mm card? This one to be specific.
Deng F15 can fit in a 320mm card. Easily? Perhaps not. But it might not be too difficult as the side, front and rear panels can all be removed for component installation. This should help.

Tomorrow, I will try to do an exact measurement for you with the F15 which I have now.
And I will report back if it is exactly 320mm or there might be some tolerance,

xSDMx

Caliper Novice
Nov 21, 2018
Is there a source for just the low profile power cable? Thinking of using one for my NCase rebuild.

jxfong2

Caliper Novice
Mar 7, 2019
As an extra information to u guys, there is a new sff matx and atx case from Mechanical Master Taobao, C26 and C34. C26 just launched officially few weeks ago while C34 is the next upcoming case for 165mm cooler height and atx motherboard support.

C26: 4 slot matx+sfx psu, 315*155*265, 12.9L, starting from 799 RMB, stock available for black option only (or silver from May pre-order)
C34: 7 slot atx+atx psu, 345*345*185, 22.0L (prototyping), first 50 units 599 RMB, post 50 units 799 RMB, eta December/January.

C26: https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?sp...YjXep&id=590377328719&ns=1&abbucket=10#detail
C34: QQ Discussion group 763051675

不用谢我,我叫雷锋

Reactions: Arboreal

Ukee

Efficiency Noob
New User
May 22, 2019
Deng F15 can fit in a 320mm card. Easily? Perhaps not. But it might not be too difficult as the side, front and rear panels can all be removed for component installation. This should help.

Tomorrow, I will try to do an exact measurement for you with the F15 which I have now.
And I will report back if it is exactly 320mm or there might be some tolerance,
Sorry, forgot to mention that I'm only looking to spend around 100 USD.