Other What's on Taobao

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
I have no experience with either.
But I did a quick search in Chiphell on Ultra Civiliz and found that there are very few users of either the M1 or the A4 variants. This seller seems to have a very low volume turnover and so the production cycle is going to be long. Expect to wait longer than usual after ordering. Also, it is best to contact him to confirm the latest price (as it might be different from the listed one.)
Here is a build log of a special watercooling version. The attention to details might suggest this seller has the capability to build a quality case. BTW, this case won a prize in the (2018) 4th annual Chiphell competition (watercooling group).

Reactions: heckinwoofer

renecop545

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 2, 2018
But I did a quick search in Chiphell on Ultra Civiliz and found that there are very few users of either the M1 or the A4 variants. This seller seems to have a very low volume turnover and so the production cycle is going to be long. Expect to wait longer than usual after ordering. Also, it is best to contact him to confirm the latest price (as it might be different from the listed one.)
Here is a build log of a special watercooling version. The attention to details might suggest this seller has the capability to build a quality case. BTW, this case won a prize in the (2018) 4th annual Chiphell competition (watercooling group).
Ditto on the long production cycle for Ultra Civiliz, there was a Reddit user who ordered from them in March and said that the seller had difficulty with QC, and thus his case wouldn't get shipped until September.

On a separate note, does anyone know if Taobao shipments to the US are being blocked now? This reddit user is saying that US customs blocked his K99 delivery :(

Last edited:

chyll2

Master of Cramming
Jun 27, 2018
That is indeed a quality case made more awesome in that build.

I am particularly interested in the wire and angle adaptor he used for USB 3.0. If I have to nitpick, I really hate all the uber thick cables used the USB 3.0 in most (even I can say ALL?) ITX case I built in.

heckinwoofer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Dec 14, 2017
The vendor for the Seven-A4 replied my questions very promptly, but I am more concerned about their build quality since I've found zero reviews and impressions.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
The vendor for the Seven-A4 replied my questions very promptly, but I am more concerned about their build quality since I've found zero reviews and impressions.
I have found a couple review/build for you. They are in Chinese but you can use Translate and the pics can speak for themselves.
1. https://www.chiphell.com/thread-1994809-2-1.html
page 2, post #41

2. https://www.chiphell.com/thread-2027256-1-1.html

And, of course, the Taobao page's buyers' reviews have more pics and very brief comments/feedbacks from buyers.

Reactions: heckinwoofer

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
On a separate note, does anyone know if Taobao shipments to the US are being blocked now? This reddit user is saying that US customs blocked his K99 delivery
I accidentally came upon some info that might be helpful for those in the US to buy stuff from China.
It seems that the US Customs allow an US$800 value per day import tax free. If applicable, make sure you take this advantage. BTW, the tariff product code for computer chassis is :- HTS code# 8473.30.5100

mtspark

Trash Compacter
Apr 18, 2018
so im trying to buy the metalfish s3 plus through superbuy and after ordering the cable by accident, i got the case ordered only to get this message.

• Hello, remind you that the goods you ordered (such as: the weapon model, the value of the goods is high) are subject to the customs policy of the destination country, and there may be a small chance of customs return, penalty, inspection, destruction, etc. The risk of taxation involves customs policy. After arriving in the destination country, the recipient must complete the customs clearance procedures themselves. The specific time limit is subject to the customs policy. If you agree to accept the above risks, please reply to the instructions and we will handle them for you as soon as possible. If you do not reply within 72 hours, we will refund you first. If you still need this item, please resubmit the order and make a note. The ultimate service, wholeheartedly for you.
that just means i could be charged a customs fee correct?

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
so im trying to buy the metalfish s3 plus through superbuy and after ordering the cable by accident, i got the case ordered only to get this message.

• Hello, remind you that the goods you ordered (such as: the weapon model, the value of the goods is high) are subject to the customs policy of the destination country, and there may be a small chance of customs return, penalty, inspection, destruction, etc. The risk of taxation involves customs policy. After arriving in the destination country, the recipient must complete the customs clearance procedures themselves. The specific time limit is subject to the customs policy. If you agree to accept the above risks, please reply to the instructions and we will handle them for you as soon as possible. If you do not reply within 72 hours, we will refund you first. If you still need this item, please resubmit the order and make a note. The ultimate service, wholeheartedly for you.

I don't know where you're based, but most countries will charge a customs fee on imports. I'm interested to hear how you are doing, as I am interested in the S3 Plus and was looking into Superbuy as an agent.

In the UK (like many other places), we pay import duty based on what the goods are and what the % level is on that item. There will be VAT (sales tax) on top and sometimes a handling fee for paperwork processing from the shipping company.
In the UK, Royal Mail / Parcelforce charge an 8 GBP admin fee in addition to any other customs fees, just to kick you in the wallet!
Small items will go under the radar, but bigger / more expensive stuff may get caught.
The seller and shipping company have no control over this, it's all down to Customs.

dacamel

Cable Smoosher
Jun 27, 2019
Today my sunmilo T03 A4 arrived :-)
Short facts: Payed about 140 € for Case and 60 € for shipping.
Production of the case took about 25 days i think
Shipping from China to Germany took about 13 days (I used tabao tax free, so it takes longer, because its going first to the UK)
Quality: Man i never saw such a good quality on a case.
I used Superbuy: Perfect Service you can also add extra protection for the case like i did.

Long Story:
I looked first on Tabao which cases are nice and how long is normaly the cycle for production.
I found the Sunmilo T03 A4 very nice, but didnt like the colors and drilled holes, but i also saw in the pictures of other customers the same case with other colors and drill holes.
Than i opend an account on Superbuy, and ordered the case with one side alu, and the other glass. I sent than the superbuy Agent a picture how the "custom" case should look like. He could not understand me, but told me to contact sunmilo for direct support, which thankfully my chinese girlfriend did for me. Sunmilo just told me to tell the superbuy agent that everything is okay and tell my name of the order again, so they know who ordered it. I also added in the order to take one picture of the case, so i would know the order was right done.

Paying was also easy by credit card, but beware you will always pay more, you have to pay in CNY and you cant use (if you have) your credit cards free exchange rate.

After that, i waited about 20 days (Depends when you order). The case was than sent to Superbuy Warehouse, i got a photo of the case, and it looked good.
For the package i recommed for germany the Tabao Tax Free option and also pay for additional protection (EPE Loose FillingCN ¥11.38; Edge boardCN ¥18.96)

Nothing more to say, here some pictures for you, wishing the rest of you good luck for your order :-)

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
Thanks for the detailed writeup! Dang that ends up being one expensive case with all the fees and everything else. Looks nice though, and it would look even nicer if there was a shot not covered in bubblewrap ;)

mtspark

Trash Compacter
Apr 18, 2018
It looks like USA has up to $800 so a $60 case should float through. Chose EMS shipping. Inspection pictures looked good, fingers crossed

chyll2

Master of Cramming
Jun 27, 2018

This is a standard communication that what they offer you is a product plus shipping. For most of the countries other than US, it means every one gets custom duties and additional tax. So it is not a small chance for mostl but as you noted on your recent post, US has big limit on the amount that they can import so you are not much affected.

sainter

Case Bender
Sep 18, 2019
How are you guys buying the cases off taobao? It's in Chinese but it's not my language so I'm having trouble ordering. Soz, noob here

InfernoZeus

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 23, 2017
How are you guys buying the cases off taobao? It's in Chinese but it's not my language so I'm having trouble ordering. Soz, noob here
i used superbuy.com. Easy process but then I didn't have any special requests/questions for the Taobao seller.

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
Gury had this tiny 90mm AIO linked on his discord, it's for AM4:

Reactions: NinoPecorino

bash

Efficiency Noob
Aug 18, 2019
Is the superbuy agent now giving a warning on all case orders about restricted item? Or is this just boilerplate. I know on my K77 order and another case I got the same warning about items being restricted and not being allowed into the USA. I know at least one other person on Reddit making the same complaint when he tried to order a K77.