What games are you playing?

Skripka

Cat-Dog Perch Manager
May 18, 2020
I was so thinking about buying Cities Skylines 2 last week...Then there's this:

Maybe I'll buy it next year on Steam Sale. The 4090 as a 1080 LOW card, what a time to live. What on Earth was the dev/publisher thinking releasing it in such a state. Everyone involved had to know the performance was awful and unacceptable and lead the media on with a straight face.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
I was so thinking about buying Cities Skylines 2 last week...Then there's this:

Maybe I'll buy it next year on Steam Sale. The 4090 as a 1080 LOW card, what a time to live. What on Earth was the dev/publisher thinking releasing it in such a state. Everyone involved had to know the performance was awful and unacceptable and lead the media on with a straight face.
There have been some really bad game launches this year and this one seems to be the worst. Seems to be what game devs do now, just release whatever turd game you have and fix it later with updates.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
It's called "live service" and it's marketing speak for "we ship it when it's almost finished but we'll only finish it when it can leverage us more money if we can sell extra content".

Reactions: rfarmer

Skripka

Cat-Dog Perch Manager
May 18, 2020
There have been some really bad game launches this year and this one seems to be the worst. Seems to be what game devs do now, just release whatever turd game you have and fix it later with updates.
Cities Skylines (1) had abysmal performance problems too, that were never fixed, that similarly got worse and made the game unplayable by mid-game. I do not think 2 will/can be fixed. All the fluff they spouted about using system resources was just that.

The other major dud I remember this year was Jedi Survivor....the previous game in that franchise, too, had abysmal performance and severe bugs when released. Although after 2 years, EA had fixed many of them.

Reactions: rfarmer

craigbru

Cramming big things in small boxes since 2006
LOSIAS
Jul 2, 2015
Ever since I picked up a new LG 45" OLED ultrawide monitor a few days ago, I've been going back and playing a few games that I'd not touched in a while. Honestly, the game that's been the most fun has been Star Wars Battlefront II. It looks absolutely fantastic, and playing on the new screen has been a pretty cinematic experience. I also tried The Division 2 after not playing for something like 2 years. It really does feel on another level. I've got a lot of others games I'm now excited play again.

Nightblade

Airflow Optimizer
Nov 29, 2017
Been playing Lethal Company, Immortals of Aveum, Apex, The Finals, Starship Troopers: Extermination and some indie games.

also found this cool cinematic trailer for Lethal Company.

Reactions: Phuncz