What did you do today?

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
OK, here comes two hints.
1) The 2 fruits are 'tropical' fruits.
2) Here is what it looks inside. It's 10:30pm now and I am getting sleepy. Answer will be given tomorrow.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
@GuilleAcoustic OK, you got 1 of the 2 correct. One is, indeed, Yummy Mango. But that is easy, considering the colour.
But the other is not Stuffy Coconut...lol
Another hint, this stuffy fruit is not very common and is, at least, more 'rare' than the coconut. You probably do not see it in a western supermarket. Members here from Vietnam or Singapore should be much familiar with it.
Its identity will be revealed later tonight.

Edit:
It is Stuffy Pomelo.😋

Last edited:

craigbru

Cramming big things in small boxes since 2006
Original poster
LOSIAS
Jul 2, 2015
I've been AFK for a bit while working on a thousand (or at least it seems) different projects. Sorry I've been really lax on posting about anything here. I did just pre-order a Peopoly Phenom Forge... So yes, I'll be moving into large format resin printing. I'm already updating or adapting projects to acommodate the new build volumes and printing method. Exciting things to come!

Solo

King of Cable Management
Nov 18, 2017
Yesterday I completely sheared a motherboard standoff in half while screwing it in. I cannot believe I did that. The threaded post is just in the hole now. Running three, I guess. Could be worse.

• Wow
Reactions: ignsvn and Phuncz

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
Finally going to update to Win 10, but it's been a while since last time I did OS upgrade. Now I kinda forgot what are the things to backup.

I have my data backed up (those are in separate drives anw) but I'm kinda worried about things like, say, browser bookmarks, git settings, or npm settings (basically things that are generated by apps & stored in C:/)

any advice?

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Finally going to update to Win 10, but it's been a while since last time I did OS upgrade. Now I kinda forgot what are the things to backup.

I have my data backed up (those are in separate drives anw) but I'm kinda worried about things like, say, browser bookmarks, git settings, or npm settings (basically things that are generated by apps & stored in C:/)

any advice?
Not sure which browser you are using but with Firefox you just have to be signed in to sync before you do a fresh install, after the install log back in and it will replace all your bookmarks.

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
Not sure which browser you are using but with Firefox you just have to be signed in to sync before you do a fresh install, after the install log back in and it will replace all your bookmarks.

Thanks @rfarmer . Yup I use Firefox & I did export my browser bookmarks manually.

Let me know if anyone else remember anything else :)

Reactions: rfarmer

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
What have I been up to? Working with our team at my day job to implement a new point of sale and inventory software solution.. on top of my normal job. Smoothest transition I've ever been a part of but still many fires to fight this week :/

AlexTSG

Master of Cramming
Jun 17, 2018
www.youtube.com
Tested positive for COVID-19 last week, so today is day 5 of self isolation for my girlfriend and I, and at this point we're both feeling a bit sorry for ourselves.

We've been so careful for the past two years, but people around us (mainly at our respective offices) have been getting less and less compliant with masks and distancing, so I guess it was just a matter of time before we got it.

The good news is today is the first day I've woken up feeling better. I've started organizing photos and video I shot earlier this year of my NCASE M1 build, so I think I'll work on the photos a bit today and try and post some of them.

The video is a bit of a daunting task. I have a good idea of what I want to put together, but there's a lot of editing to do. No one wants to watch me trying to cable manage the stock power supply cables in real time...

Skripka

Cat-Dog Perch Manager
May 18, 2020
Tested positive for COVID-19 last week, so today is day 5 of self isolation for my girlfriend and I, and at this point we're both feeling a bit sorry for ourselves.

We've been so careful for the past two years, but people around us (mainly at our respective offices) have been getting less and less compliant with masks and distancing, so I guess it was just a matter of time before we got it.

The good news is today is the first day I've woken up feeling better. I've started organizing photos and video I shot earlier this year of my NCASE M1 build, so I think I'll work on the photos a bit today and try and post some of them.

The video is a bit of a daunting task. I have a good idea of what I want to put together, but there's a lot of editing to do. No one wants to watch me trying to cable manage the stock power supply cables in real time...
So funny thing...my team at the office...were all out sick yesterday. 3/5 including me were COVID positive, 2 of us symptomatic. Boosted and vaxx'd and this thing sucks. Haven't lost my smell but, oy. Do not recommend.

Our employer had the genius idea to require everyone back to the office last year, end all COVID special leave, and not have any kind of masking/distance policy. What could go wrong?

Reactions: Phuncz and AlexTSG

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
Hope you guys haven't had Covid too badly, although it's more transmissable, Omicron ore thereabouts seems to pack less of a punch in terms of hospitalisation and mortality, thankfully.

My wife & I had it a couple of months ago, we were flu like for a few days and feeling grotty. The post viral fatigue for some weeks was the surprise sting in the tail, you thought you were doing OK, and then you needed to have a rest.

Our employer had the genius idea to require everyone back to the office last year, end all COVID special leave, and not have any kind of masking/distance policy. What could go wrong?

Pretty much what the UK government did, drop most of the restrictions in one go. They seem to have been well advised or got lucky, as our infection rates etc. are no worse than countries that have continued tighter restrictions for longer.

Reactions: Skripka and AlexTSG

AlexTSG

Master of Cramming
Jun 17, 2018
www.youtube.com
Thanks for the heads up on possible fatigue afterwards.

Looks like I may not be getting back into my exercise routine as quickly as I hoped.

Spending some more time on my computer related projects won't be the worst thing. My girlfriend was getting irritated at the growing pile of computer parts that I keep telling her is for stuff I plan to do "next month".

• Haha
Reactions: BaK and rfarmer

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016

Wishing a speedy recovery for you & your partner.

What's the reason your employer requires everyone to go back to office? Are you all front-line (say, meeting customers)?

Reactions: AlexTSG

Skripka

Cat-Dog Perch Manager
May 18, 2020
Wishing a speedy recovery for you & your partner.

What's the reason your employer requires everyone to go back to office? Are you all front-line (say, meeting customers)?

The reason...is basically 'bootstraps'. It was mandated July 1st last year for all employees. Although many managers are fine with WFH/flex, many are not. My direct manager/supervisor are chill with WFH--our department director isn't and is a literalist for what the über-boss says.

I'm presently on a unit-call with the department director...and it got a bit awkward when he was like 'where's ____ unit?'..''manager: they all have COVID'. 'Oh'.

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
...and it got a bit awkward when he was like 'where's ____ unit?'..''manager: they all have COVID'. 'Oh'.

LOL I chuckled a bit.

Here's hoping that hybrid work model becomes a norm & employees will have options on where to work (be it at home or office or a Thai beach while drinking coconut water).

Not because I want to run away from my boss (my boss is nice) but because Covid is still around, and apart from the obvious medical/health reasons, I need to take care & cater situational changes on some family members who are not vaccinated because of medical reasons, and/or at higher risk of infection or fatality, such as kids or elderly.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
While we are with this topic, I urge everyone who has already received the 3rd shot (booster shot) to check with your local medical professional regarding the 4th shot.
For me, I had the 3rd shot about 6 months ago and I plan to receive the 4th shot in about 2 weeks.

Friendly reminder:- getting vaccinated (having at least 2 shots, having the 3rd is much better) does not mean you will not get infected. You can still be infected (so, you will still be careful to wear mask and wash hands and maintain social distance as much as possible) but the chance of developing severe symptoms (even death) is greatly reduced.

Another important thing is, if one develops a serious or critical condition, one has a higher chance of having 'Long Covid' even after recovery. Permanent side effects like headaches, reduced memory ability, easily tired...etc will be with you.

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
Friendly reminder:- getting vaccinated (having at least 2 shots, having the 3rd is much better) does not mean you will not get infected. You can still be infected (so, you will still be careful to wear mask and wash hands and maintain social distance as much as possible) but the chance of developing severe symptoms (even death) is greatly reduced.

Another important thing is, if one develops a serious or critical condition, one has a higher chance of having 'Long Covid' even after recovery. Permanent side effects like headaches, reduced memory ability, easily tired...etc will be with you.

+1, totally agree.

Getting vaccinated means your immune system will have a much better chance getting rid of the virus.