What did you do today?

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
sounds like my DSLR died while in someone else's hands ._. going to have to meet them asap to figure out what's going on inside
bad news: it's a brick
half-good news: there's a recall for service advisory. it's posted on march 2018 though, so kinda not sure if canon outside of USA would honor it ,_,

EDIT: sent it in
EDITx2: was quoted a fee. wasn't the issue supposed to be covered??

Last edited:

Smanci

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 21, 2017
First touch with sleeving using a junktastic Thermaltake SFX PSU and a single shoelace. Those ultra-crap see-through connectors are an accidental bonus so I can really see what's happening there.

What color of paracord would go nicely with a NoFan CR-80 stuffed in a Jonsbo U1, besides black of course?

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
I hope you get that worked out soon.

@Biowarejak
Congrats on the new site! I am checking it out now.

@Windfall
Looking forward to those Inkscape tuts!

Happy New Year to all of you. I wish you and yours a wonder 2019 and beyond.

I have been busy with work, work, and more work. I am currently handling the second work on weekends. I do still need to finish on some stuff to post on here as well. With my Planck keyboard losing some keys, having a near constant rotation of computers, and trying to find balance, it's been a challenge. Thankfully, I started a Bullet Journal which is helping me immensely so far. Just have to throw some big goals and dreams in there to work towards now.

It's @el01 who's doing the inkscape ones. I'll gladly contribute some F360 ones though!

step83

Average Stuffer
Dec 23, 2018
bad news: it's a brick
half-good news: there's a recall for service advisory. it's posted on march 2018 though, so kinda not sure if canon outside of USA would honor it ,_,

EDIT: sent it in
EDITx2: was quoted a fee. wasn't the issue supposed to be covered??

What model? I have a pair of Canons, Id rather not have them become deaded on me.

Speaking of deaded, one of my SSD's is dying all its write speeds are terrible so now have to look at a replacement, a 1Tb 860 is looking likely. What debating a RAM upgrade too so may just do both, I say upgrade I mean just another stick RGB would be fun but pointless as it cant be seen. Urgh more money either way.

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
so got it back and managed to work it out with the staff. they were missing proof of the issue so i gave them the video troubleshooting the night before i sent it in ,_,

pls no moar admin emotional rollercoasters. also pls don't die again camera ¡-¡

Reactions: el01 and Soul_Est

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
canon's pretty great for photos, but videos is kinda steep in terms of the price:feature ratio (you have the 6D mark 2/70D/77D/80D for 1080p, but for 4K there's only the 5D mark 4)

still no contender for the lowlight video king that's the sony a7s mark 2 ,_, wonder why there isn't a mark 3 for it

Reactions: Soul_Est

el01

King of Cable Management
Jun 4, 2018
Awesome.

Today classes started back up. Following along just fine in Calculus so far, yet need to get reaccustomed to sitting for 2 hours for just math XD
can relate.

school is going to be school for me :p gotta get muh "final" paper done by the end of the year.

ayyy

@Soul_Est haven't seen you for a while. how ya doin'?

Reactions: Biowarejak

Windfall

Shrink Ray Wielder
SFFn Staff
Nov 14, 2017
Not today ... but tomorrow I'll have an important job interview.

If any of you have a non-SFF chassis to burn to please the SFF lord, like a prodifatass for example, I'd be more than grateful :D.

I have a Cooler Master Cosmos II in the basement.

Does your majesty prefer I build a pyre to burn it on, or douse it with gasoline?

Or both, sire?

Solo

King of Cable Management
Nov 18, 2017

I repasted an EVGA 1050ti SC for no actual reason. This is the cheapest card I have ever owned and it is seriously built like a toy. The shroud is plastic and the heatsink is completely aluminum. It's disgusting.

Reactions: Smanci and el01