What did you do today?

LocoMoto

DEVOURER OF BAKED POTATOES
Jul 19, 2015
Well done ! It's something I've contemplated on doing as a hobby, although it seems easier to do this with airsoft equipment than real firearms here in Europe.

Yup, informal competitions aren't easy to do with "real" firearms here.. But if you'd ever feel like going serious it shouldn't be much of a problem to get some time with them, if you've done airsoft at least semi serious you oughta have some of the trigger discipline on point already

LocoMoto

DEVOURER OF BAKED POTATOES
Jul 19, 2015
Take your time @VegetableStu . It's coming along very well.

Today, I head back to my primary residence (with one other person) after staying by my secondary residence (with seven other people) for two weeks. I have a technical interview coming this Wednesday so I must get ready. I have been told by my friends who currently work at the place that the technical interview is rather simple, to not over-complicate things, and merely "impress" the interviewer.

Woop woop, go get 'em!

Reactions: Soul_Est

stree

Airflow Optimizer
Dec 10, 2016
Spent some time in the greenhouse potting on seedlings, made a mousetrap for the pigsty where Rosie the rabbit lives, then took the angle grinder to one of my ITX cases, getting it ready to be dual chamber with a slide out MBtray courtesy of an old Lian Li PC60 MB tray which is obviously to be cut down........Looks promising so far................Just has to be ready for when Raven Ridge comes out..............so lots of time yet......May make a replacement front panel too....get rid of USB and audio ports and put pwr button on the back panel..........I boot up from KB mouse anyway, rarely use the button. So nice uncluttered front...

Reactions: Soul_Est and cmyk78

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016

I just realised the heatsink studs are welded to the top base frame. dammit.
(Okay so I cheated a bit by applying a shader, but yeah)

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
Got power restored to the two bedrooms where I live (just an old light switch, go figure), got a haircut, hung out with a friend, and got my resume printed in triplicate. Now I just need to finish prepping for the interview tomorrow.

Reactions: VegetableStu

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
I believe those are as well.

Welding is more difficult to do in mass-production so it's avoided if possible.

Reactions: VegetableStu

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
@VegetableStu
- Congrats on the Cintiq sale. Hope it goes to a good home.
- I should start listening to Gorillaz again
- Excellent work on the socket

Good news: Aced the technical interview and got the job
Bad news: Orientation is the next morning at the same time as the interview and I am still sick
Great news: I start next week
I am kicking this cold though. Had some chicken soup before a nap. Just had dinner. Now I am filling out the "Welcome Package" and then making a new budget.

Update: Worst news: R.I.P. my night owl self. :( Morning shifts only.

Last edited:

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Hang in there guy !

I've been overdoing it too, yesterday had a 14-hour shift, I've raked in about 25 hours overtime in the last few weeks. But finally our internet infrastructure is robust enough to survive the coming week of planned provider maintenance.

Atleast you have Nova-00 to come home to, I'm still looking at my sidepanel-less and cut-up Thermaltake Core G3 that's waiting to be put out of it's misery when Cerberus-X gets here :cry:

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
I had a nice day off and got to complain to an Amazon seller that they sent me the wrong kind of Anti-Vandal switch :) the seller said that they'd send me one that was actually momentary. It was quite poorly typed, however. Curious.

Anyhow, I at least now have a VERY nice 22mm Anti-Vandal switch with both NO and NC modes, and a yellow led ring. It's latching, but if I can't find a use I may well post it.

3lfk1ng

King of Cable Management
SFFn Staff
Bronze Supporter
Jun 3, 2016
www.reihengaming.com
After celebrating my wife's birthday over some exquisite food, I decided to wrap up the evening building my brother-in-law's new gaming rig.

Intel i7-7700k
ASRock z270 ITX
EVGA 1080ti SC Black Edition
Cryorig C7 HSF
16GB (2x8GB) of G.Skill TridentZ DDR4 ram @ 3000MHz
Samsung 960EVO 250GB m.2 SSD
Samsung 850EVO 250GB 2.5" SSD
Corsair SFX 600 PSU
Fractal Node 202 chassis
2x Fractal Design Dynamic X2 GP-12 120mm fans

This is the 2nd Fractal Case that I have had the pleasure to work with and just like last time, I am quite impressed with their design. It really is a terrific case.

Meanwhile, a few of my 'new' components are already starting to collect dust, haha. The wait for an enthusiast mATX AM4 motherboard is unbearable.

Last edited:

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Meanwhile, a few of my 'new' compenents are already starting to collect dust, haha. The wait for an enthusiast mATX AM4 motherboard is unbearable.
Yeah it's frustrating to see the market take such a long time to flesh out the lineup. It's clear most motherboard manufacturers weren't ready in March or weren't confident. I'm glad we've atleast have an mITX board available this month.