What did you do today?

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Was threatened with eviction because I have yet to remove the trash left behind by the previous tenant of the house I'm living in. (seriously)

Also, got a flat tyre on my VW. Learnt how lug bolts work. Will have to pay for a puncture repair tomorrow.

Did some budgeting for Xmas and beyond.. Panic mode has set in!

Ah well, I'm still breathing, I have a job, roof over my head.. could be worse!

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Hang in there, the festivities is all about stress and panic. But sometimes also about a smile or two !

Reactions: confusis

LocoMoto

DEVOURER OF BAKED POTATOES
Jul 19, 2015
Thanks. It's been pretty difficult not being able to talk about it.

Thanks for your suggestion. We already conducted some external testing and our testers were just unable to get through it because of how the instructions were written and the confusing information given to them.

I've met with the team yesterday we've gone straight back to the drawing board. We've pulled our original three design documents (which, unsurprisingly, no one has read after I wrote it and uploaded it). We found that, in adhering to the original 6 design pillars, we were able to simplify the game considerably and set to work renovating our poorly thought out battle system. In addition, we ditched game-board exploration, collapsed our min-max character building down to predefined characters, and reverted to a board modularity system that allows us and the players to create board presets for play. Having done this we've got a clearer aim for our game.

One of my team members is concerned that we might be too similar to two other board games and wanted to find ways to differentiate ourselves, but I shut him down as quickly as I could. The original design document was written well before I knew any of the board games he's talking about and even then I don't care. Our Professor is willing to overlook similarities and at this stage I only care about making this game something we can be proud of.

It's also relieving to have been told by our professor that we've got the most complicated game this semester and we're well ahead another group in terms of progress and design.

We have moved away from certain parts of our original design, but it's come to our attention that in moving so far away from the original pitch it's gotten into a huge mess. We're backtracking now to make sure we hit our core mechanics and elements and toss everything else that's unnecessary out the window.

Since I was the person that made the original pitch, I was made team lead for the project and I've tried to make decisions democratically so that everyone has equal input and we can think out and discuss problems and solutions together. This clearly hasn't been working and I've had to shut certain members down when they raise concerns; one of whom questions every design choice or attempts to solve every problem before we discuss it.

Yesterday he kept throwing out solutions to an idea that I hadn't even heard out fully from another member. I had to rudely hold my hand out at him to keep him silent so that I could hear the idea in full. I don't like being a team leader that has to shut up a member, but his talking over others just wasn't working.
It's a world of compromising, a great feat as a leader is to know how you should lead a specific group, seems like you are getting there with this one and for that I congratulate you!
Knowing how to do that is so advantageous in life.

Was threatened with eviction because I have yet to remove the trash left behind by the previous tenant of the house I'm living in. (seriously)

Also, got a flat tyre on my VW. Learnt how lug bolts work. Will have to pay for a puncture repair tomorrow.

Don't forget you also this lovely forum as well! ;)
But yeah, hope the stresses of life calms down for ya' soon.

iFreilicht

FlexATX Authority
Feb 28, 2015
freilite.com
I broke my phone on friday. Tried to replace the glass, wasn't patient enough, broke the AMOLED. Got a replacement screen now, will post pictures before bringing the broken screen to the disposal yard.

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016

That's rough. Wouldn't it be easier to patch or plug the puncture yourself? Sending some positive vibes your way.

I broke my phone on friday. Tried to replace the glass, wasn't patient enough, broke the AMOLED. Got a replacement screen now, will post pictures before bringing the broken screen to the disposal yard.
Ouch. I do hope the replacement works out for you.

Earlier today, I tried helping a friend setup Arch Linux (they were rather demanding of the help). After some work and them skipping ahead, we had a non-booting Arch Linux. They started freaking out. I'll spare you the details. Suffice to say, I told them good night, and went to sleep. Right now, I am working on RSC in FreeCAD, listening to music, and researching how to care for leather shoes and boots.

Reactions: Phuncz and jeshikat

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
I don't have the tools or the skills to do a proper puncture repair. Oh well :)

SumGhai

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 14, 2016
Cryorig C7 just came in the mail. super excited. New workstation PC is coming together slowly.

However, I'm not sure if I should hold out for Kaby Lake. The 7700 is supposed to have 4.0GHz stock at 65w TDP, which I would be delighted to have. I could instead grab a 6700k or a 6700 and settle for 3.4GHz

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
Cryorig C7 just came in the mail. super excited. New workstation PC is coming together slowly.

However, I'm not sure if I should hold out for Kaby Lake. The 7700 is supposed to have 4.0GHz stock at 65w TDP, which I would be delighted to have. I could instead grab a 6700k or a 6700 and settle for 3.4GHz
That depends on workload that the system will see. If the workload is CPU-centric, go with the 7700 or 7700k. If the workload is GPU-centric, go with the 6700 or 6700k. If the workload is split between the CPU and GPU, the choice is yours.

Today, I submitted a job application. I will update as the day progresses.

LocoMoto

DEVOURER OF BAKED POTATOES
Jul 19, 2015
And here I am getting this feeling with the work I do and most of the offers I've got... quite possibly due to them being fields I know I've proven myself in or have some experience with both theoretical and indirectly and my Asperger's amplifying dem good feelz...

But it's good to see so many people daring to continue towards something else, something new.
Because if it pays of you'll feel good and you'll climb that ladder.. you'll become more knowledgeable and more successful, then you can actually reach your potential!

Reactions: Soul_Est

Therandomness

Cable-Tie Ninja
Nov 9, 2016

I did that c: (the 750Ti is there for F@H purposes only) it (it being a 290) technically has a 0% fan mode, but that's just when the fan percent in any control program is less than 10%... It reaches about 92~ Celsius under load, and that's somehow better than my ghetto water cooling solution, which somehow ran at 95-97 after 2 remounts...

jtd871

SFF Guru
Jun 22, 2015
Snowing pretty heavy here in central Indiana. First big snow of the season. Will be rocking the shovel later today.

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
Today I sent my resignation letter. Gonna sign with my new employer next week. This resumes how I feel ...

And here I am getting this feeling with the work I do and most of the offers I've got... quite possibly due to them being fields I know I've proven myself in or have some experience with both theoretical and indirectly and my Asperger's amplifying dem good feelz...

But it's good to see so many people daring to continue towards something else, something new.
Because if it pays of you'll feel good and you'll climb that ladder.. you'll become more knowledgeable and more successful, then you can actually reach your potential!

Snowing pretty heavy here in central Indiana. First big snow of the season. Will be rocking the shovel later today.
Sending good vibes to you all.

Yesterday, I went Christmas shopping with one of my close friends. I am modelling parts to build a pair of headphones (all I have left are the cups and transducers).

Reactions: LocoMoto and Phuncz

EdZ

Virtual Realist
May 11, 2015
I guess I'll start off the "went to see Rogue One" chain. Trying to avoid any spoilers: the ending is exactly what I was expecting, and I'm glad they did it.

Also, keep an eye out for the shot of the Star Destroyer lifted from the intro to DYRL.