What did you do today?

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
Well, today I’m trying to finish up one last build before my surgery tomorrow. It’s a 2 level Anterior Lumbar Interbody fusion (spine fusion) for those wondering .

Anyway, I’m taking an older 7820X CPU and making a backup PC out of it. The chip is still really fast. It’s in a Cerberus X case.

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Well, today I’m trying to finish up one last build before my surgery tomorrow. It’s a 2 level Anterior Lumbar Interbody fusion (spine fusion) for those wondering .

Anyway, I’m taking an older 7820X CPU and making a backup PC out of it. The chip is still really fast. It’s in a Cerberus X case.
Good luck! With the build too I guess, but mainly the surgery ;)

Skripka

Cat-Dog Perch Manager
May 18, 2020
Today I wrote a nasty one-liner with sed ... not sure if I should be proud of that 🙈🙉🙊.

Not really today, but this weekend I applied to the Conservatory for Music Theory and Bass Guitar courses, fingers crossed.

Fun times and GL. Have a few degrees in the music arena.. Very tough business and tough field. In these parts, the projected growth for musicians in the next ten years is, I kid you not, 0.0% Meaning to get a job someone has to die. Not making that up or exaggerating.

• Wow
Reactions: rfarmer

Revenant

Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
Today I got the titanium implants for my spine fusion surgery. The surgical team said that it went perfectly. Thank all of you for talking to me, some random poster, about this stuff. You’re all really good people.

see you soon.

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
Today I got the titanium implants for my spine fusion surgery. The surgical team said that it went perfectly. Thank all of you for talking to me, some random poster, about this stuff. You’re all really good people.

see you soon.

Rest well & wishing a speedy recovery.

Reactions: Revenant

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network

see you soon.
Titanium! We have a cyborg amongst us. Best wishes for healing up dude :)

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
Yay, thanks :D
Fun times and GL
Thanks mate.
Have a few degrees in the music arena.. Very tough business and tough field. In these parts, the projected growth for musicians in the next ten years is, I kid you not, 0.0% Meaning to get a job someone has to die. Not making that up or exaggerating.
Yup, I'm very well aware if that. My wife's dad is a former pro musican. I'm doing that for myself, not to work in this industry ;).

see you soon.
Best of luck mate. Rest well and come back to us fully charged :)

Tonkatsu

Average Stuffer
Jul 18, 2020

see you soon.
Titanium! high-grade chassis mod! 👍

knew a woman who had a ton of it mounted after an accident, on x-rays she looked like a terminator. anyway that went well and thanks to that surgery she could lead a normal life, plus like she said "now Im more metal than all of you fairies"

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
I got my Ender 3 printer set up for the first time with PLA+ filament and made two prints, starting yesterday. First was a test model that came with the included SD card, which gave me a bit of trouble when the base of the model started sliding around.

The temperature settings were probably set for a textured metal bed, because I decided to use a glass bed instead and 45 C was too low for it. Increasing it to 55 C helped, the model didn't move around and it was a really good print. I think the G-code for this sample model was very well dialed in for this specific printer.

Then I did the ol' Benchy model print as many people do at first. I printed it with less detail than the sample model but still looked very good. The only annoying thing is removing the supports. I still don't know how to do that in the small nooks without scratching the whole thing.

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
been on an ebay bidding tear the past week, incl. today. given how I flipped my 5700XT and will be able to flip the 2080Ti for profits, I can justify going for 3090FE upto 2300 USD or 6900XT upto 1750 USD - approx. 800 USD over MSRP 🤣 🤣 🤣 wish me luck boys and girls!
and I just paid 2,300 USD for a 3090 FE, exactly on the nose on how much over MSRP I can afford 🤣 plus it will be one of those rare unicorns locally since I'm based in Vietnam.

next step, securing a goddamn water block!

Reactions: rfarmer

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Aren't the 3090 cards with an OEM waterblock cheaper because miners don't want them ? Also, cards have recently started a serious downwards trend in price. I hope you didn't waste hundreds of dollars.

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
Aren't the 3090 cards with an OEM waterblock cheaper because miners don't want them ? Also, cards have recently started a serious downwards trend in price. I hope you didn't waste hundreds of dollars.
I've monitored ebay auctions for the past 2-3 weeks and 3090 with stock WB are still grossly overpriced (EVGA one still holding close to 3000 USD and, Gigabyte one is so not worth it since it is just a Bykski block).

Purchasing the 3090 FE at this price makes it net-zero in terms of money over-under MSRP for me since I also benefited from selling previous cards during the price bubble. the serious downwards trend you're mentioning is more visible in lower-tier cards like the 3060/70/70 ti, not top tier like 3080 ti and 3090. Additional factor that keeps 3090 FE cards price higher is exclusivity - it being US and Best Buy only. I could easily flip the FE in Vietnam for a profit and get a 6900XT for 1300-1400 USD then.

Reactions: Phuncz

Revenant

Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
Well today is day 11 since my surgery and I am doing much better. I saw the doctor who was very happy with the results and my progress. All six screws are stable in my lower lumbar, and my pain is down a lot. Even my 6 inch incision scar is healing really nicely though I have to admit it was the most painful part of the whole thing. I'm almost ready to start finishing my Cerberus X build.

Spotswood

Average Stuffer
Spotswood Cases
Jul 18, 2015
spotswoodcomputercases.com
This weekend I made some good progress on a huge custom microATX case.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Just came across this huge case, which makes any Caselabs case looks tiny.
A 'breathing' PC.

The idea is quite interesting. I wonder if the concept can be miniaturized or not.

Reactions: gman501 and Phuncz

Revenant

Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
Today my new-in-the-box (almost) arrived. It looks like the original owner had the RAM upgraded, transferred some files, and never touched it again. Ever.

Attachments

• image0.jpg
    image0.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 9
  • image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    226.5 KB · Views: 10
  • image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 11
  • image3.jpg
    image3.jpg