Production WH-nano:5.59L Balanced SFF case

theGryphon

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 15, 2015
Tell us more about this 120mm AIO cooler version...
Is it the same size case?
What is the PSU support with AIO cooler?
Can we still install the 92mm fans? How many and where?

It seems you're working on a new design... can we pick the perforation style on the side panel?

WH-team

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Oct 5, 2017
Tell us more about this 120mm AIO cooler version...
Is it the same size case?
What is the PSU support with AIO cooler?
Can we still install the 92mm fans? How many and where?

It seems you're working on a new design... can we pick the perforation style on the side panel?
is still the same size. and the support about the PSU is the same with using 120 aio. but because add in aio. 92 fans could not install in this aio version. if you wanna add fans to help airflow better. only could use duo-7010 fan on the top, and is crowded:(. is too close to the riser card.

and this case is different with other A4 case. use new hardware linking method. PCB is more stable than line. and cheaper:D

the panel style you could provide. i will choose several good style and use it! :D:D

theGryphon

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 15, 2015
is still the same size. and the support about the PSU is the same with using 120 aio. but because add in aio. 92 fans could not install in this aio version. if you wanna add fans to help airflow better. only could use duo-7010 fan on the top, and is crowded:(. is too close to the riser card.

and this case is different with other A4 case. use new hardware linking method. PCB is more stable than line. and cheaper:D

the panel style you could provide. i will choose several good style and use it! :D:D

Thank you!
As I understand, you had to move the motherboard upwards in order to accommodate the FlexATX PSU. Hence, no fans at the bottom, and very slim clearance at the top...

OK, here is the question I'm really interested now: With the regular (non-AIO) version of the case, can one install a 120mm AIO in the front, instead of the FlexATX PSU (so that an external brick can be used)?

It seems like there is same kind of clearance for the radiator+fan, and all it needs is mounting points.

This would be the configuration I would buy: regular version (so that I can install 92mm fans on top and bottom) with a 120mm AIO in the front, (which requires an external power brick, but that's fine).

WH-team

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Oct 5, 2017
Thank you!
As I understand, you had to move the motherboard upwards in order to accommodate the FlexATX PSU. Hence, no fans at the bottom, and very slim clearance at the top...

OK, here is the question I'm really interested now: With the regular (non-AIO) version of the case, can one install a 120mm AIO in the front, instead of the FlexATX PSU (so that an external brick can be used)?

It seems like there is same kind of clearance for the radiator+fan, and all it needs is mounting points.

This would be the configuration I would buy: regular version (so that I can install 92mm fans on top and bottom) with a 120mm AIO in the front, (which requires an external power brick, but that's fine).
yes, if you use DC power replace FLEXATX psu, you could get the duo-9025+duo-9015 and use 120 aio in case

theGryphon

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 15, 2015
Awesome!

One thing is concerning though... You said the case width is 121mm... That doesn't seem to be possible with an AIO cooler (which is at least around 121mm itself). Can you check into this?

Edit: Better yet, what are the dimensions of the new edition you're working on?

Once you finalize the case design, do you think you can make it available at Aliexpress?

Last edited:

WH-team

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Oct 5, 2017
Awesome!

One thing is concerning though... You said the case width is 121mm... That doesn't seem to be possible with an AIO cooler (which is at least around 121mm itself). Can you check into this?

Edit: Better yet, what are the dimensions of the new edition you're working on?

Once you finalize the case design, do you think you can make it available at Aliexpress?
121mm is Liner`s wide. add shell is 126mm. and I hollow out the aluminum at the AIO site. so 120 aio could push in shell.

new edition is 218(H)*230(L)*126(W)=6.3L(with shell). I add 10mm in length for aio install. SFF case I think must balanced but not always small. ahhhhh:D:D:D:D

and last question. I never tried Aliexpress. I`ll try if I could.:D

Supercluster

Average Stuffer
Feb 24, 2016
How do you manufacture the shell? (it's a very good design)
Two ways i can think of are:
  1. Extrusion then machining of some sort. (highly unlikely though due to MOQ requirements)
  2. Machining (or laser/waterjet cutting), bending, then some sort of welding. (I think i can discern a fine weld mark across the middle in some of the pictures)
Well designed unibody cases are always a marvel to (be)hold.

WH-team

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Oct 5, 2017
How do you manufacture the shell? (it's a very good design)
Two ways i can think of are:
  1. Extrusion then machining of some sort. (highly unlikely though due to MOQ requirements)
  2. Machining (or laser/waterjet cutting), bending, then some sort of welding. (I think i can discern a fine weld mark across the middle in some of the pictures)
Well designed unibody cases are always a marvel to (be)hold.
now shell is using machining and welding, the second way what you said. because of the MOQ is less. I only to try this way to make shell. And fine grinding the weld mark.

but this mark couldn`t cover by using aluminum oxidation. it must use paint or powder to cover it. if MOQ is well. I will choose first way to make shell.....:(:(regrettable...

if I could crowd raised this project in kickstarter. I think I could make the extrusion shell....

theGryphon

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 15, 2015
So, what is the status of this project? I mean, have you finalized details of the new version? Have you settled on how to market/sell it?

If the design in photos is not final, I'd like to comment on some details. Mainly about the top and bottom panels that currently have this very obstructive design that does not hide the fan mounting points. I really think you should think about ideas to improve on that.

I have an idea if you don't mind. See the fan mounting tabs (that are bent 90 degrees from the main structure). I think you should extend those tabs all the way through (front-to-back of the case). Or, better put, do not cut the sheet before bending. This way, a top (and bottom) panel can be screwed in at the ends (so the screws are hidden when the case is put in the outer shell), and the fan mounting points would be completely hidden. All we would see from outside is the flat panel with some perforation that is not very obstructive. Perforation style can be like the front. Or, it can be made to match the side panel style.

This change would require the outer shell extend a little bit in height (by 5mm total I think).

It would look so much better. Please do it :D

Edit: I hope my description was sufficient. Please let me know otherwise...

theGryphon

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 15, 2015
Now that I'm thinking about it, if you do as I describe above, you can make the fan mount points flexible (longer), so the fan(s) can be moved by 10-15mm in order to avoid potential clearance issues (cables, etc).

WH-team

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Oct 5, 2017
So, what is the status of this project? I mean, have you finalized details of the new version? Have you settled on how to market/sell it?

If the design in photos is not final, I'd like to comment on some details. Mainly about the top and bottom panels that currently have this very obstructive design that does not hide the fan mounting points. I really think you should think about ideas to improve on that.

I have an idea if you don't mind. See the fan mounting tabs (that are bent 90 degrees from the main structure). I think you should extend those tabs all the way through (front-to-back of the case). Or, better put, do not cut the sheet before bending. This way, a top (and bottom) panel can be screwed in at the ends (so the screws are hidden when the case is put in the outer shell), and the fan mounting points would be completely hidden. All we would see from outside is the flat panel with some perforation that is not very obstructive. Perforation style can be like the front. Or, it can be made to match the side panel style.

This change would require the outer shell extend a little bit in height (by 5mm total I think).

It would look so much better. Please do it :D

Edit: I hope my description was sufficient. Please let me know otherwise...
could update image to explain idea?? forgive my English is no good:oops:

and now about this case`s design progress. this is the third version. and I sell in taobao now. but I think this progress will be better through the raise. like shell`s process. and the splicing of the liner. now liner is assemblage by rob. is different with other progress which use extrusion then machining. I wanna get considerable MOQ and make the extrusion liner and shell. so that would be more of a product definition. about MOQ of final edition(extrusion version) the minimum is 500. and one case about 159$ (case+ riser card + worldwide shipping). if it could. I will
Initiate the raise and try to do it:)

Reactions: Ca11idus

theGryphon

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 15, 2015
I will try to show it on your photos.

Brown areas in pic below is where the aluminum extends. So, you don't cut those out.
Yellow holes are to install the top (and bottom, for the bottom) panel.

Green indicates the panel.
Those yellow holes would be hidden behind the outer shell, and all you would see is the panel with perforations on it.
You should make the perforations non-obstructive.
The honey-comb patter you show on the side panel would be perfect, for example.

WH-team

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Oct 5, 2017
I will try to show it on your photos.

Brown areas in pic below is where the aluminum extends. So, you don't cut those out.
Yellow holes are to install the top (and bottom, for the bottom) panel.

Green indicates the panel.
Those yellow holes would be hidden behind the outer shell, and all you would see is the panel with perforations on it.
You should make the perforations non-obstructive.
The honey-comb patter you show on the side panel would be perfect, for example.

OK I know your solution. I will try to improve this cover use this idea:D

Reactions: Soul_Est

Stylis10

Efficiency Noob
Dec 30, 2016
in TAOBAO is same to this version, I always update new version in TAOBAO

I am having some problems ordering from TAOBAO. Is there any other way to order the case with the design I like?
Can we make a private order and pay via PayPal?

WH-team

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Oct 5, 2017
Can this case hold parts for a good gaming pc?
this case is also can be a good gaming pc in your house. I design this case is for a personal work station. low temp and small is my first point which I care about it. use it to play game and don`t care about your CPU and GPU temp. wonderful isn`t it?