GPU Max thickness: 54.5mm
GPU Max Length: 300mm
GPU Max Width: 136mm

There is an extended version you can ask for which supports up to 322mm GPUs

evd

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Mar 24, 2020
Tried some different wraps to change the front look a bit..

Dark grey wrap

Carbon wrap

By no means is it that cleanly cut..I had some offcuts lying around and just stuck em on for some fun. Hides the lines/seams nicely though..

evd

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Mar 24, 2020
Swapped out the stock LT240 tubing with clear tubing cut to the perfect length. Re-used the fittings that came with the LT240. What a pain in the arse job it is to fill this loop with no res, Think I will have to get a barb fitting to go onto the fill port to make it easier next time. Thinking I might even use one of the little 3 port flow meters too for the job as a mini res.

These circlip pliers I had made working with the stock fittings WAY easier..

Filling took FOREVER. Pretty happy in the end though. The stock LT240 I could hear some bubbles rattling around in the rad, i'm pretty sure its now fuller than it came..

All Done.

evd

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Mar 24, 2020
So @pyroxide had the genius idea of removing the case of their SSD and that got me thinking the same - Ive been waiting to go full NVME and get this big Sata air blocker out of the way on the bottom of my case. Good to know that the Samsung 860 EVOs have a tiny PCB.

I pulled it out, used some thermal adhesive tape to mount it to the front aluminium panel of my case and then remade a new power cable for it..and now its neatly tucked out of the way of EVERYTHING perfectly.

Also It means I can finally install the Noctua A12x15 I've had lying around for awhile.

Reactions: dealda

evd

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Mar 24, 2020
EVGA RTX 3080 XC3 Ultra on order...whenever that decides to arrive, should be interesting to see the results in this case.
Will see how it goes and will plan to get a waterblock on it and see how it goes with a single 240mm rad...If it sucks, well back to air..Am going to give it a go though.
Also, Barrow water temp sensor installed into LT Solo fillport.

Click to view full size!

Reactions: NRG

evd

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Mar 24, 2020
Alphacool waterblock arrived..

The thought here is to try it with just the 240mm rad and the LT solo pump. If it sucks, I can always go back to the stock heatsink/shroud (hence the reason of getting this EVGA model..it'll fit)

Not to worried about the overhang on the card's PCB on this waterblock...(Yet)

If it ends up working out OK I may look to swap to a proper reference board later ..but seems a bit pointless unless I go to some sort of separate pump/cpu block and need the room.

Last edited:
Reactions: rfarmer

evd

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Mar 24, 2020
RTX 3080 finally came! Good thing is since it is shorter, my M2 SSD in the rear of the mobo isn't getting sandwiched in now and as a tiny bit more air to breath.

Sold alphacool block since there were some incompatibilities with the XC3 (drill a hole) and have ordered the EKWB Vector XC3 Plexi and backplate.

evd

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Mar 24, 2020
EKWB block arrived, as well as backplate.

For some reason, with the backplate installed - the coil whine is unbearable..it was so damn LOUD... Lucky I found a reddit thread about it and removed it -
amazingly was quieter than stock after that...video below if you want to hear.

Finding the limits of a single 240mm rad, . So far its "OK" - I may look to put in a XSPC tx240/120 extra (can squeeze it in on the GPU side) later down the track.

Temps so far, 25C Ambient:

Idle
GPU: 27c
CPU: 35c
Coolant: 27c

Gaming - Cyberpunk 2077
GPU: 62c
CPU: 67c
Coolant: 50c

coil whine - this is just moving between the menu and game in CP2077

evd

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Mar 24, 2020
Ahh the joy of watercooling.

So i bought a bunch of fittings, bits and pieces and new 10/13 tube for something to do - I currently have the stock Alphacool LT tubing size which is 8/11 - So 10/13 was a more standard size and easier to find fittings etc.

Anyway, after a bunch of stuffing around, and thinking it would make my loop easier to fill.. I came to the conclusion that the LT Solo pump is just super weak, and makes filling a loop super tedious...

WIth that I ordered an Aquanaut and Alphacool DDC pump..so that'll give me more to stuff around with once it arrives.

Don't get me wrong it performs fine in this, just filling can be a major PITA.

evd

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Mar 24, 2020
Well, had some fun with the QUADRO controllers...

I had 3 delivered to save on some shipping costs with the intent to sell on the other two.

I re-pinned a Molex plug that I had around and stupidly, even after checking it with a multimeter..sent one to heaven because 12/5 were switched. Anyway lesson learnt, lucky I had a couple spare....
Might be worth trying to repair if I can find a similar SMD component and get it back on..If anyone knows about SMD components and knows wtf is in the picture and can help..that'd be appreciated.

Awesome software, great not having to rely on motherboard things and other software to then control it.

The Aquanaut has arrived, still waiting on the alphacool pump..then more fun begins...which means more custom cabling (triple checked this time haha) and tidying up everything..cabling is a bit of a mess atm.

Also, the A12x15 fan is out, i'm not sure it was really doing much but pumping more dust into case and also, the noise profile of it sucks compared to the A12x25.

evd

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Mar 24, 2020
@Nouvolo Aquanaut installed with Alphacool DDC310 - No DC control on the Quadro is a bit crap but it’s a relatively quiet pump..plugged into AIO header on Mobo now running around 1500rpm.

the extra flow is great, but it brings new issues when trying to fill the loop without a res...mainly in terms of getting air out. Quick disconnects to use a res have been ordered and finally that may finish this long ass build!

Reactions: Nouvolo

evd

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Mar 24, 2020
The tinkering never seems to stop.

Upgraded ST25 radiator to ST30 v2 with extra port at the end tank, and also extra ports on inlet tanks. Have moved thermo to the rear port of the rad.

Put in Bykski quick disconnects to help with filling....I also put my old ST25 radiator on that loop. It has made filling this thing a LOT easier now.

Added anti-twisting fittings to some of the radiator tubes so rotating/moving around isn't such a pain.

Done some clock tweaking as well
3600 is running at 4000 @ 1.175w
3080 is running at 1875 @ 856mw

The temp differences with the extra 240 are pretty crazy... was good to be able to see what the bigger cases have the luxury of!

Last edited:
Reactions: thelaughingman

evd

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Mar 24, 2020
So the tinkerer in me decided that in order to stop using my mobo PWM header to power my DC DDC pump, I would get one of these DIYINHK DDC PCB Boards that apparently make it better.

Well, the good news is that I can run it off my Quadro now..and have everything controlled in there.

The bad news, because it essentially made it an 18w pump.. is that it is annoyingly louder at every RPM. It does max out at 5000rpm now or something and pull that full 18w as shown in the Quadro..but man it sounds crazy. The only benefit of that is it brute forces air bubbles out a lot better...

But now, was the tradeoff worth it? Nope.. I could have just lived with it being bios controlled set to 60% and pretty much silent.

Now, its just crazy.

So, it continues..Im picking up a EK-DDC 3.2 PWM today and seeing if that is any better..and MAYBE might transfer the DIYINHK pcb and see what its like on that.

Also I can't put the old 3.1 PCB back in, because from the epoxy they used to glue the board down, it removed the tops of a few chips ...so... Lessons learnt!

evd

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Mar 24, 2020
The EK-DDC 3.2 PWM is in ..as it is..and my PC is back to silent again and works off the Quadro. The PWM acts a bit funny though.

0% will shut the pump off, between 1-22% it is at 1300RPM which is pretty much dead silent..From there the adjustment maxes out around 57% @ 4500RPM where it is cranking at 13w. Way quieter than the 18w DIYINHK board. Makes me wonder if it will be any diff on this pump, something I might try if I get bored.

FreshGnar

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 23, 2020
Awesome work on this build, don't know how I'm just finding out about it. I went with the Aquanaut in my build as well except I went with the Laing 1T plus DDC. Not sure how it stacks up against the 3.2 in terms of flow rate but I've had no complaints in my scenario and is a really quiet unit even at ~5000 rpm. It is not a pwm pump however. Just figured I'd report my experience as another Aquanaut user. Great work on this build once again.

Reactions: evd