Water or Air cooling Louqe Ghost S1

cratose99

What's an ITX?
Original poster
New User
Feb 26, 2020
I have a 8700k I have overclocked a bit before but normally don't. I am quite conflicted on weather I should water cool my Louqe Ghost S1 with a H60 and a noctua fan using the medium top hat or buy the Noctua L12s.

Would the temps be that different and is it worth it ?

aneker

Caliper Novice
Feb 9, 2020
Hi,

I have an i7 8700 with a Silver Stone AR11 cooler and what I can say is that sometimes, just open two or three pages on Google for the processor to reach 50ºc or even 60ºc and the fan starts to snort and increase the noise. And this with the box open. I don't even think about closing the box. And we are talking about a 65w processor.

In your case, i7 8700k with 95w talking about a Noctua L12s is capable of being little! It will certainly not work miracles.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
I have a 8700k I have overclocked a bit before but normally don't. I am quite conflicted on weather I should water cool my Louqe Ghost S1 with a H60 and a noctua fan using the medium top hat or buy the Noctua L12s.

Would the temps be that different and is it worth it ?
I have a Ghost s1 with a 8700k I am running a full loop in. While cooling is really good I have to say the Ghost just looks better without a tophat, especially a large tophat. I had the 8700k in a MI-6 (small sandwich case) cooled using a Big Shuriken 2 (which should offer very similar performance to the NH-L12S). Performance was very good and I was able to run it at 4.4 - 4.6 GHz at very good termps.

My advice to you is to delid your 8700k and cool it with the Noctua.