Prototype WARHEAD MICRO MK V: UPDATE APPERANCE LOOK

WH-team

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Oct 5, 2017

Instruction:

After carefully consideration. We decided rebuild Micro`s Structure. Use Standard industrial design to make new structure. and this is image:

tip:
Another important hints is Micro`s new appearance haven`t confirm. We try to make our style to Separates C4-SFX or GHOST S1, Because Micro is a Independent design,Unavoidable it like C4 or GHOST. But it started in October 2016 in china. And I don`t know SFF Forum is existence so this case isn`t upload at forum until nowo_O

Riser card:
Micro use PCB riser card instead of use riser line. this could cut off production cost and improve PC `S stability.
We test about one hundred riser card test in 3DMARK and FULLMARK is all finished and test good.

And Riser card installation position is fixed not agile. it could compatible 2 and 2.5 slot Graphic card at all.

We open a big skylight on Riser card, because of the Riser card Unique design. Vertical air flow could take hot airflow out of the case and keep components safety.

And we apply for a patent in Mar/2017 for our Warhead riser card.

AIO support:

Micro could support 120 or 240 AIO in install. to help CPU cooling down and use safety. we had test 2 hours single FPU in AIDA64 and temperature just 60℃ with AMD Ryzen 5 1600 and 120 AIO.

Airflow explain:
different with C4-SFX, I think cold airflow couldn't sink down into the case. so Micro use dual 12012/12015 fan and pump air from bottom up to the top. and skylight riser card can remove hot air out of the case.

Micro will not design reversing mode. because I think if AIO get a damage. water liquid will leaking down and avoid to breakdown electronic component. if reversing case. when your AIO had leakage.....just like a waterfall and your MB, GPU, riser card all will be dead:oops:

new structure image:

Volume:311 length *237 height *130 width=9.58L
Motherboard support: Mini-ITX
Power Supply support: SFX, SFX-L
CPU Heatsink support: Up to 55mm height
Water cooling support:240mm AIO
only one type: radiator thickness 27mm with 2x 15mm thick fans(12015/12012 is ok to install)
Fan install number: 4*12015/12012
Drivers: 3*2.5 HDD/SSD
Graphic card support : 2 Slot and 2.5 Slot GPU up to 310mm length (yes, is 300mm)
Front ports: none
Material: 3mm aluminum
Riser card: warhead Patented PCIe 16x hard riser
Price tag: about 120€ without shipping( this is not Final price)

and more image:

Last edited:

aquelito

King of Cable Management
Piccolo PC
Feb 16, 2016
Width should be at least 128 mm ;) (120 + 3 + 3 + 2 mm margin).

Well done on the PCB riser above mobo layout, rather than a flexible one.

WH-team

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Oct 5, 2017
Width should be at least 128 mm ;) (120 + 3 + 3 + 2 mm margin).

Well done on the PCB riser above mobo layout, rather than a flexible one.
this is micro`s special point in it. AIO is been exposed out of liner. so liner`s width is only 120mm, is same with AIO`s width. and shell`s thickness is 2mm so is 124mm in all :D

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Yeah I also really like the aggressive look, you are going to need some type of case feet or those bottom fans will not be able to intake/exhaust effectively.

Damascus

Master of Cramming
Feb 27, 2018
Because if it's 120€ ish you can consider me your first customer (don't know if it's rude to ask? New to the forum)

Metroversal

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 5, 2017
Wow! What you achieved is quite impressive @WH-team !
I can see that you had to compromise the radiator+fans thickness, front I/O etc.
Nevertheless it's always nice to see a different take. :thumb:

ChainedHope

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 5, 2016
I like the aggressive look but you really gotta work on that thread title.

Guidelines:
  1. Have a clear and concise thread title. Company name (if applicable), project name, and a very brief description are recommended, for example: "Chassis Inc Quark Mk II: 4L SLI case"

WH-team

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Oct 5, 2017
Wow! What you achieved is quite impressive @WH-team !
I can see that you had to compromise the radiator+fans thickness, front I/O etc.
Nevertheless it's always nice to see a different take. :thumb:
Because of the size of the cause, I made a sacrifice, Without Attenuated performance:D

LukeD

Master of Cramming
Case Designer
Jun 29, 2016
this is micro`s special point in it. AIO is been exposed out of liner. so liner`s width is only 120mm, is same with AIO`s width. and shell`s thickness is 2mm so is 124mm in all :D

@WH-team, unless you want to limit the amount of radiators supported, you should increase the supported radiator width to 124mm
Radiators, like the following, are more than 120mm:

- Alphacool Eisbaer (124mm)
- BeQuiet SilentLoop (124mm)
- Fractal Kelivn / Celcius S24 (124mm)
- NZXT Kraken X52 (123mm)
- Silverstone Tundra TD02-E (124mm)

WH-team

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Oct 5, 2017
@WH-team, unless you want to limit the amount of radiators supported, you should increase the supported radiator width to 124mm
Radiators, like the following, are more than 120mm:

- Alphacool Eisbaer (124mm)
- BeQuiet SilentLoop (124mm)
- Fractal Kelivn / Celcius S24 (124mm)
- NZXT Kraken X52 (123mm)
- Silverstone Tundra TD02-E (124mm)
Thank you for advice, My original intention was to make it compatible with a larger water cooling system by changing the processing technology without increasing the volume. So if I can, I'll build a sheet metal model to replace the existing splicing model to control volume and install more bigger AIO system inside. also make a little bit compromise.

Damascus

Master of Cramming
Feb 27, 2018
I think that a 240mm gts rad without a shroud could fit, get the swiftech ddc cpu block or one of alphacools gpu pump blocks and you're in business!