Production Wallye Tactik Duffle for SFF carry (M1, A4, SG13, Laptop + eGPU)

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
DAN Cases A4 packed inside the Duffle
* The folded padding on the top left corner is meant to stop lateral movement inside the bag.

NCASE M1 packed inside the duffle.
* The folded padding on the top left corner is meant to stop lateral movement inside the bag.

A video for those that had questions about how to install the Modular Padding Kit:

Also confirmed that a 21.5" monitor with thin bezel should fit:

ATTWIFI

Chassis Packer
Jun 7, 2018
Great! I would like to ask, how much clearance is there between the Mach One and the top of the duffel bag? I am thinking of fitting some compression and wash bags on the side and my clothes and other random objects on top.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Great! I would like to ask, how much clearance is there between the Mach One and the top of the duffel bag? I am thinking of fitting some compression and wash bags on the side and my clothes and other random objects on top.

About 70x200x290mm, there is give in the bag and padding, so plus minus 10mm prob ok.

Reactions: Biowarejak

Majestic

Average Stuffer
May 12, 2018
Thanks for posting the instructions @Wahaha360. I been having some issues figuring out the best way to carry my LZ7 in the Tactik Duffle V2. It definitely fits well, but unlike many of the other popular sff cases the LZ7 is more of a cube and not a slim rectangle. To me this means that the weight of the PC is much more concentrated in a smaller area of the bag than spread out. Below are issues I'm having so far. Some are more of statements than questions. All suggestions are appreciated. I've never used a bag with dividers and a bit paranoid of breaking my equipment. I'll try to take some photos later tonight and add them.

• The dividers for inside the case don't match the length/width of the LZ7 well.
    • I think all of my "solutions" to this involve having one divider stick to second divider. Even then it's messy.
    • Anyone have experience with the LZ7 in this bag?
  • I believe the sleeve on the bottom of the bag seems like one of the recommended areas to store your laptop smaller than 15". I think this could work for the rectangular cases, but I'm worried the weight of the LZ7 alone could damage anything rigid under it.
    • Has putting something in the bottom sleeve like a monitor or laptop been a non-issue for most of you guys?
    • Anyone use a Surface Book in this bag in the bottom sleeve?
    • I wish the bag had some supports for stuff put in the bottom so you could sit the bag down with less worry that anything inside the bag could crush it.
  • I kind of wish the velcro on the dividers was stronger/larger. It seems like it comes off really easy if my LZ7 just moves a bit. This may be less of an issue once I figure out the best layout and completely fill my bag.
  • Will this fit under a normal seat on most airlines? It looks like it's larger than the "personal bag" carry-on specifications for United, but if the agents let me board I'm hoping it will still fit.
Sorry for rambling a bit. Getting off lunch, but wanted to post this so I could see if any of you had suggestions or just to chat about it.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Thanks for posting the instructions @Wahaha360. I been having some issues figuring out the best way to carry my LZ7 in the Tactik Duffle V2. It definitely fits well, but unlike many of the other popular sff cases the LZ7 is more of a cube and not a slim rectangle. To me this means that the weight of the PC is much more concentrated in a smaller area of the bag than spread out. Below are issues I'm having so far. Some are more of statements than questions. All suggestions are appreciated. I've never used a bag with dividers and a bit paranoid of breaking my equipment. I'll try to take some photos later tonight and add them.

• The dividers for inside the case don't match the length/width of the LZ7 well.
    • I think all of my "solutions" to this involve having one divider stick to second divider. Even then it's messy.
  • I believe the sleeve on the bottom of the bag seems like one of the recommended areas to store your laptop smaller than 15". I think this could work for the rectangular cases, but I'm worried the weight of the LZ7 alone could damage anything rigid under it.
    • Has putting something in the bottom sleeve like a monitor or laptop been a non-issue for most of you guys?
    • I wish the bag had some supports for stuff put in the bottom so you could sit the bag down with less worry that anything inside the bag could crush it.
  • I kind of wish the velcro on the dividers was stronger/larger. It seems like it comes off really easy if my LZ7 just moves a bit. This may be less of an issue once I figure out the best layout and completely fill my bag.
  • Will this fit under a normal seat on most airlines? It looks like it's larger than the "personal bag" carry-on specifications for United, but if the agents let me board I'm hoping it will still fit.
Sorry for rambling a bit. Getting off lunch, but wanted to post this so I could see if any of you had suggestions or just to chat about it.

I have the LZ7, let me try first and get back to you.

Majestic

Average Stuffer
May 12, 2018

So I got a chance to use my Tactik Duffle on a trip this weekend. Unfortunately I was running late for the plane so I skipped bringing my desktop. I used the Tactik Duffle as my only carry-on. So I learned a few things about the bag.
  • I incorrectly thought the laptop section was on the bottom. Actually the laptop sleeve is on the side of the bag which means in normal use while carrying it through the airport the laptop should be fine. However, it's on the exact opposite side of the large opening for inserting the padding and desktop. Thus, you'll want to put the laptop in the bag after you've closed the large opening and flipped the bag to it's standard resting position.
  • The easy-access, velcro pockets on the edge of the bag are great for when going through security. Just toss your wallet, smart watch or anything else in your pocket in those. Less likely your valuables will be targets if your items make it through the x-ray before you do.
  • Although I didn't bring my desktop I also forgot to remove the padding. This makes the bag much heavier and, of course, reduces the amount you can store if you're only carrying clothes and shoes. I used the shoulder strap the entire trip and decided that in the future I will only use the bag in backpack or luggage configurations when carrying a desktop due to weight.
  • During my trip I flew on an Airbus 319 and Embraer ERJ-170. The duffle fit in the overhead bins of both easily. I had to flip the duffle on its side for the ERJ-170 though.
    • The bag "almost" fit under the seat in ERJ-170. I probably won't try this in the future though. I didn't get to try putting the duffle under the seat on the Airbus.
One new question I have is:
  • How do you guys handle TSA security when carrying your mITX rigs? Do you take it out the the bag or leave it in?
    • Are you ever pulled to the side to have your bag inspected? I imagine most of the TSA agents are not used to seeing desktop computers in carry-on luggage.
I still don't know how the best way to carry the LZ7 in the bag. Right now, until I see @Wahaha360 's example, I'm guessing some custom dividers cut to the proper length/width and larger velcro strips would go a long way.

ATTWIFI

Chassis Packer
Jun 7, 2018
Can somebody post how much does the duffel weight? No padding kits, no keyboard bag, just duffel. Thanks! (I want to one bag my stuff as a carry on.)

afrat

Minimal Tinkerer
Sep 13, 2018
Will this bag fit under the seat on a plane? I am looking to build a mobile editing station when I travel for photo shoots and this seems like the perfect solution + NCASE or Dan Case. I am also very interested in the monitors you use to fit in this bag, I would like to avoid checking my monitor if at all possible too.

Majestic

Average Stuffer
May 12, 2018
Will this bag fit under the seat on a plane? I am looking to build a mobile editing station when I travel for photo shoots and this seems like the perfect solution + NCASE or Dan Case. I am also very interested in the monitors you use to fit in this bag, I would like to avoid checking my monitor if at all possible too.
I tried this on two United flights and it doesn't really fit under the seat that well. It's too long so it's very possible for a flight attendant to tell you to put it in overhead. It's also possible for you to be told to check it before you get on the flight. I would consider this overhead luggage.
I think I posted my experience in this thread a few months ago.