Production Wallye Tactik Duffle for SFF carry (M1, A4, SG13, Laptop + eGPU)

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
Will this bag fit under the seat on a plane? I am looking to build a mobile editing station when I travel for photo shoots and this seems like the perfect solution + NCASE or Dan Case. I am also very interested in the monitors you use to fit in this bag, I would like to avoid checking my monitor if at all possible too.
I tried this on two United flights and it doesn't really fit under the seat that well. It's too long so it's very possible for a flight attendant to tell you to put it in overhead. It's also possible for you to be told to check it before you get on the flight. I would consider this overhead luggage.
I think I posted my experience in this thread a few months ago.

I can usually get away with it as it is thin enough for my legs to go on either side and be comfortable, but it is a bit tall as Majestic points out. You might get caught if it is stuffed to the gills and you are in a isle seat. Also as Majestic points out I think its really designed for being put in the overhead. Like any bag, it is good to have a packing strategy, and make your bag a little flexible.

My experience is with the "old" bag and it seems to me the new bag might fit better, however there is less external padding (but lots of removeable padding) so it can be "squished" more.

Reactions: Biowarejak

afrat

Minimal Tinkerer
Sep 13, 2018
I can usually get away with it as it is thin enough for my legs to go on either side and be comfortable, but it is a bit tall as Majestic points out. You might get caught if it is stuffed to the gills and you are in a isle seat. Also as Majestic points out I think its really designed for being put in the overhead. Like any bag, it is good to have a packing strategy, and make your bag a little flexible.

My experience is with the "old" bag and it seems to me the new bag might fit better, however there is less external padding (but lots of removable padding) so it can be "squished" more.

Hmmm, might have to go with my backpack setup then and just check the monitor in a Pelican case. I unfortunately always have my overhead bag taken up by my camera bag, can't fit that under the seat.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
So about this.... :\ ....is this something you could help with? If not, it's ok.

Sorry man, Fedex screwed up delivery, @PlayfulPhoenix had to get it back and ship again.

The case is in US warehouse, I’m in EU.

I’m back in the US december, we are out of stock on the duffle anyways.

I put it in my US notes, I will do it once i’m in the US.

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
Sorry man, Fedex screwed up delivery, @PlayfulPhoenix had to get it back and ship again.

The case is in US warehouse, I’m in EU.

I’m back in the US december, we are out of stock on the duffle anyways.

I put it in my US notes, I will do it once i’m in the US.

Will more duffles be made? Will there be any changes to a new version?

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Update:

Our manufacturer in China has a Typhoon problem. There was severe flooding in the entire region, so our project and even those ahead of us are all delayed.

Right now the factory told us to give them extra 1 month.

Just wanted to let people know in case they are waiting for bags or replacement parts.

Last edited:

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
Update:

Our manufacturer in China has a Typhoon problem. There was severe flooding in the entire region, so our project and even those ahead of us are all delayed.

Right now the factory told us to give them extra 1 month.

Just wanted to let people know in case they are waiting for bags or replacement parts.

The ghost is on its way to backers and they are looking for a bag, any chance you might be able to do another run?

Elerek

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 17, 2017
Is there a list of known monitors that will fit in the bag? Looking to get a second monitor to take on the go and I don't want to get one that won't quite fit.

Roen

Trash Compacter
Feb 20, 2018
Is there an update on the backpack straps? I'd love to be able to wear this instead of on my shoulder.

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
Is there an update on the backpack straps? I'd love to be able to wear this instead of on my shoulder.
It doesn't seem like it but damn the Tactik duffel for $99 is really wanting me to bust out the credit card. Love my Tactik keyboard bag and hate carrying my PC in a backpack.