Memory Very low profile DDR4 ram

charlybegood

Trash Compacter
Sep 16, 2020
that's a fair price for a 32go stick (140 euros) but we would need to buy 2 of them to run them in dual channel and 64go is overkill for my system

NinoPecorino

Tweezer Squeezer
Platinum Supporter
Nov 24, 2017
If anyone is interested, the 32 GB Micron 3200 sticks are apparently available now for ¥1100 a pop on Taobao. I was also offered them instead of the 16 GB e-die I was asking for by another seller.
The die on the photo is D9XPF which would make it b-die which this dude on reddit clocked to 3800 18-21-21-42 at 1.42V.
if the 3200 sticks are actually only 1100¥ then that's a fair bit cheaper than the 2666 sticks direct from supermicro.

n.tesla

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 19, 2020
if the 3200 sticks are actually only 1100¥ then that's a fair bit cheaper than the 2666 sticks direct from supermicro.
It's a relatively cheap deal for sure, personally I can't justify spending that amount on RAM, not for my current use case. Though it would be fun to load the entire Skyrim game folder from a RAM disk.

Reactions: NinoPecorino

enricko7

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 12, 2018
Since my Aliexpress order got cancelled by the seller I ended up looking for something else. Since I only need the vlp for a server build (for now), I was okay with using ECC, which I found on Ebay for an okay price.

charlybegood

Trash Compacter
Sep 16, 2020
I found something on eBay that might be of interest, a seller has some Micron 16 Go kit and in the photo it is appearing that they are Micron E-die. I asked him for some photos of the current batch he has, to confirm the presence of D9WFL chips.
Since my last post I had no chance with TaoBao sellers and their 32Go set, I always get "next week" as an answer... quite annoying.

Last edited:
Reactions: NinoPecorino

n.tesla

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 19, 2020
I found something on eBay that might be of interest, a seller has some Micron 16 Go kit and in the photo it is appearing that they are Micron E-die. I asked him for some photos of the current batch he has, to confirm the presence of D9WFL chips.
Since my last post I had no chance with TaoBao sellers and their 32Go set, I always get "next week" as an answer... quite annoying.
Have you tried asking Taobao sellers to confirm D9WFL on 8 GB sticks? Perhaps they have a higher chance of being e-die, (I have no evidence to this effect). I'm pretty set on a 32 GB kit but if 16 GB is OK for you then perhaps it's worth a try. There are certainly plenty of sellers who have the 8 GB sticks listed, though it might be a goose chase like the 16 GB sticks was.

My Micron D-die 16 GB 3200 MHz sticks arrived so I'll get around to some testing (and a build log) soon hopefully.

n.tesla

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 19, 2020
eBay seller wwon_one gave me a positive answer for his batch of VLP Micron 16 Go 2X8GB DDR4-3200MHZ and they are D9WFL dies.
link : https://www.ebay.fr/itm/274489757112
I ordered a set, as 16Go is enough for my usage, but if I get to find some VLP 32Go set I may order in the future.
here is a photo he sent me :

Great stuff. I'm putting my build together soon so if I can't get decent clocks then I may go for these instead.

charlybegood

Trash Compacter
Sep 16, 2020
Reactions: Phuncz

nicb6

Trash Compacter
Jul 14, 2018
Hi guys
I'm also interested in VLP DDR4 Ram as I need more thermal headroom for my CPU (Alpenföhn Black Ridge).

What I want is Dual rank Modules, as they seem to perform better than single rank (although OC is supposedly worse with dual rank modules).
However, OC is a lottery anyway, so I prefer to have the guaranteed performance boost with dual rank modules.

So which ones are dual rank?
I probably could get my hands on some Micron 2666er 16gb modules (DDR4 UDIMM VLP 16GB 1RX4 2666 MTA18ADF2G72AZ-2G6E1).
However, the "1RX4" part in the description makes me sceptical if these are dual rank modules.

charlybegood

Trash Compacter
Sep 16, 2020
Hi guys
I'm also interested in VLP DDR4 Ram as I need more thermal headroom for my CPU (Alpenföhn Black Ridge).

What I want is Dual rank Modules, as they seem to perform better than single rank (although OC is supposedly worse with dual rank modules).
However, OC is a lottery anyway, so I prefer to have the guaranteed performance boost with dual rank modules.

So which ones are dual rank?
I probably could get my hands on some Micron 2666er 16gb modules (DDR4 UDIMM VLP 16GB 1RX4 2666 MTA18ADF2G72AZ-2G6E1).
However, the "1RX4" part in the description makes me sceptical if these are dual rank modules.

You could get those Micron MTA18ADF2G72AZ-3G2E1 16GB 3200 Mhz, as they are dual rank.
Datasheet here
They can be found on TaoBao in 2x16GB sets for a good price.
We were trying to get them with Micron E-dies as they overclock well but the version with D9WFL dies is very hard to find.
The version they have on TaoBao is made with Micron D9TZV D-Dies which have lower overclocking potential, but you still may be able to get decent latencies with slighly increased frequencies.
@n.tesla received one of those sets, and will update us on what can be acheived with them

Last edited:
Reactions: nicb6

nicb6

Trash Compacter
Jul 14, 2018
Thank you! Especially for the datasheet!
Is it safe to assume that the 2666 CL19 modules are basically the same as the 3200 CL22?

Btw. I saw in an earlier post that you also bought cheap heatsink, I'm planning to do the same.
Did they help or do you recommend something else?

Last edited:

charlybegood

Trash Compacter
Sep 16, 2020
They might differ in the chips used, and their ability to clock higher. Since there is differents speed grades codes...
The 1RX4 in your previous post means 1rank with 4 bit data-bus width.

n.tesla

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 19, 2020
Thank you! Especially for the datasheet!
Is it safe to assume that the 2666 CL19 modules are basically the same as the 3200 CL22?

Btw. I saw in an earlier post that you also bought cheap heatsink, I'm planning to do the same.
Did they help or do you recommend something else?
See this thread at hwbot where a user has pulled micron e-die codes together. You will not get D9WFL chips on 2666 rated RAM but you may still get e-die that should clock fairly well dependent on CPU and mobo. Check that thread for reference and make sure your sticks have one of those codes if you want e-die.

Reactions: Oizon

Thac0

Caliper Novice
Nov 12, 2020
I'm looking to get 2x32 ECC vlp udimms. While I think I'm understanding everything in the thread, I'm having trouble taking that knowledge and searching for results. Anyone got a good primer on how to use international sales sites to search for ram? Any recommended sites or searches to look for OC results? If I were going to try and compile a list of available memory ICs for 32gig sticks, how would I go about doing that?

Reading this thread has been super helpful, but it feels like I'm only 80% there to actually trying to apply the knowledge.

TLN

Average Stuffer
Mar 9, 2020
You are right ! I didn't see it was registered while I was searching... Guess I will have to sell them back.
Yeah, I got some REG ECC memory at home, vut was surprised to see it here at SFF, its not supported by consumer platforms

If you want to find any vlp memory its probably easier to check spec sheets from major manufacturers (samsung, micron, crucial) if anything like that exists. I doubt there is any VLP UDIMM available.