Memory Very low profile DDR4 ram

darknoise

Caliper Novice
Sep 28, 2020

gpaint45

Caliper Novice
Mar 1, 2020
Update on the V-Color sticks : received them today. Had to wait until kids in bed and all that to test, but happy to report that I'm typing this right now on my SFF PC with the Asus B360-I, with those ECC unbuffered VLP sticks. All seems well. Thanks so much for the suggestion! This really shouldn't be such a big deal to procure, but obviously it is, otherwise a thread such as this wouldn't be needed...

Thanks again to all of you. My ZS-A4 V2 should arrive shortly. It'll be between it, the M1, or the C01S...=)
How long did it take to get to you. I’m in Canada (BC) as well & doing SFFPC with K39 case, Aorus X570i, 3950x & Alpenföhn BR with Noctua Chromax 120mm slim fan.

darknoise

Caliper Novice
Sep 28, 2020
As far as I saw, there are either Nanya or Hinyx dies on the Kingston KVR26N19S8L 2666 MHz VLP RAM. The Nanya seems to be better for overclocking. How do I know (before buying) if the RAM sticks come with Nanya or Hinyx dies?

gpaint45

Caliper Novice
Mar 1, 2020
Hello All! Need some URGENT ADVICE :)

I have the opportunity to buy a pair of 8gb Innodisk VLP DDR4 2666 ECC memory locally on Craigslist. Seller says he never overclocked them since he only had an H370 board locked to 2666. I haven't built a PC in a while since I built my Core I7 3930k based PC. Now have an Aorus X570i Pro Wifi w/Ryzen 3950x, Alpenfohn Black Ridge V2 & wanting to buy VLP memory so I can use a Noctua 120mm x 15mm Chromax slim fan.

If these are Samsung B-die, are the worth buying for $110.00 for the pair? I only want to run them @ 3200mhz.

Thanks in advance to those who reply!

enricko7

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 12, 2018

I have the opportunity to buy a pair of 8gb Innodisk VLP DDR4 2666 ECC memory locally on Craigslist. Seller says he never overclocked them since he only had an H370 board locked to 2666. I haven't built a PC in a while since I built my Core I7 3930k based PC. Now have an Aorus X570i Pro Wifi w/Ryzen 3950x, Alpenfohn Black Ridge V2 & wanting to buy VLP memory so I can use a Noctua 120mm x 15mm Chromax slim fan.

If these are Samsung B-die, are the worth buying for $110.00 for the pair? I only want to run them @ 3200mhz.

$110 sounds high to me, but since you have local access it might be worth the upcharge. I placed an Aliexpress order for some Adata VLP last week for $30/8GB stick, but you don't have the risk involved with that since you're looking local.

Aki

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 9, 2016

I had the 16gb versions of those and they were really bad. I would avoid unbinned samsung b-die generally, they tend to be kinda bad and top out around 3200 with bad timing.

gpaint45

Caliper Novice
Mar 1, 2020
I had the 16gb versions of those and they were really bad. I would avoid unbinned samsung b-die generally, they tend to be kinda bad and top out around 3200 with bad timing.
$110 sounds high to me, but since you have local access it might be worth the upcharge. I placed an Aliexpress order for some Adata VLP last week for $30/8GB stick, but you don't have the risk involved with that since you're looking local.
Could you provide me with the link to the Adata VLP you ordered. I might just go that route for now :)

enricko7

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 12, 2018
Could you provide me with the link to the Adata VLP you ordered. I might just go that route for now :)

Dunno how urgent your build is. If you want to wait to see how my experience pans out you're welcome to, but it'll take a couple more weeks still for shipping. I figured I'd post in this thread after the ram arrived. The listing is very hard to understand... It makes it sound like it's random what you actually receive, which might be true... I think the main thing is that 16GB option is not a vlp module, but idk.

Here's the link: ADATA VLP on Aliexpress; order at your own risk, shipping takes a long time.

gpaint45

Caliper Novice
Mar 1, 2020
Dunno how urgent your build is. If you want to wait to see how my experience pans out you're welcome to, but it'll take a couple more weeks still for shipping. I figured I'd post in this thread after the ram arrived. The listing is very hard to understand... It makes it sound like it's random what you actually receive, which might be true... I think the main thing is that 16GB option is not a vlp module, but idk.

Here's the link: ADATA VLP on Aliexpress; order at your own risk, shipping takes a long time.
I'll wait til you report back on how your 8gb stick fared. Thanks!

Reactions: enricko7

friendscatdied

Trash Compacter
Jan 4, 2017

I'd spend a few more bucks and get this one: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001304690800.html

The description on the former states "[p]lease note that a wide and narrow version is accidentally sent" and there have been at least a few reports of non-VLP memory being received.

gpaint45

Caliper Novice
Mar 1, 2020
I'd spend a few more bucks and get this one: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001304690800.html

The description on the former states "[p]lease note that a wide and narrow version is accidentally sent" and there have been at least a few reports of non-VLP memory being received.
That certainly is a great deal as long as you get them eventually! Looks like I can't even RMA my Crucial VLP 2666 DDR4 ram as they say it's discontinued, so I've asked for the 32gb version & requested that I pay the difference from what I paid Newegg when I bought my 16gb stick.

enricko7

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 12, 2018
I'll wait til you report back on how your 8gb stick fared. Thanks!

Unfortunately got a message from the seller that they can't ship to me. They didn't get very specific, but they asked me to cancel the order so I did :(

My search for 4x8GB non-ECC VLP continues...

gpaint45

Caliper Novice
Mar 1, 2020
Unfortunately got a message from the seller that they can't ship to me. They didn't get very specific, but they asked me to cancel the order so I did :(

My search for 4x8GB non-ECC VLP continues...
I may have a new 16gb stick of DDR4 Crucial CT16G4XFD8266 VLP ram due in from an RMA replacement. Just want to get my money back, so I may just sell it to anyone looking for VLP ram in here. I've ordered a Captain S v6.1 to replace my K39 3950x build as I want to get out of Eco Mode (65watt) since there's just not enough heat dissipation with the K39 w/Black Ridge.

enricko7

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 12, 2018
I may have a new 16gb stick of DDR4 Crucial CT16G4XFD8266 VLP ram due in from an RMA replacement. Just want to get my money back, so I may just sell it to anyone looking for VLP ram in here. I've ordered a Captain S v6.1 to replace my K39 3950x build as I want to get out of Eco Mode (65watt) since there's just not enough heat dissipation with the K39 w/Black Ridge.

Eh, I have some RAM in mind as I'm thinking I'll go with ECC modules. Not 100% sure yet on the ECC stuff. I have little to no idea how it affects a build, but I'm looking for vlp for a server build so it might be fine.

gpaint45

Caliper Novice
Mar 1, 2020
Eh, I have some RAM in mind as I'm thinking I'll go with ECC modules. Not 100% sure yet on the ECC stuff. I have little to no idea how it affects a build, but I'm looking for vlp for a server build so it might be fine.
OK, I'll keep you posted when I receive it.

charlybegood

Trash Compacter
Sep 16, 2020
Yup, asked them to send before but no dice. It's taking so long to get this RAM sorted that I'm starting to wonder if it's worth selling my Ryzen 2700 in anticipation of the 5000 series.
Have you got any positive outcome with the seller and the D9WFL dies ? He told me that it should arrive this week, but with no certitude....
I'll wait the end of this week and then move on to some Adata or V-color DDR sticks if I don't get serious answer.[/QUOTE]

n.tesla

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 19, 2020
Have you got any positive outcome with the seller and the D9WFL dies ? He told me that it should arrive this week, but with no certitude....
I'll wait the end of this week and then move on to some Adata or V-color DDR sticks if I don't get serious answer.

The seller told me they had a problem with customs as if their shipment has been seized by customs but I've heard this from at least one other seller before. I think they might just say that when they can't track down the item you want.

I think they're basically saying I should process a refund at this point.
Another seller who has the same sticks listed at ¥510 will message me back tomorrow, hopefully with photos.

I'm not ordering again until I verify the code in a genuine photo. I do however have 4 sticks of the d-die ready to ship so I might just see how they clock. I've read some mixed reports but at least a few users such as this one have managed 3600 C16 though this was with single rank (2x8 GB).

friendscatdied

Trash Compacter
Jan 4, 2017

Update -- the seller of the listing I linked just reported the 16GB version are not narrow. Looks like getting the ADATA VLP sticks in 16GB are a crapshoot now, or the supply is gone.

If you're ordering from AliExpress, Taobao (or Superbuy etc.) always send a message asking the seller or agent to confirm that the memory is the "narrow version". Narrow is more easily understood in translation than VLP.